Wilt vs Shaq - Physical Comparison

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
fuk, jus another reminder there are some straight up freaks of nature athletic giants out there.

shaq in his prime was an absolute beast.

got dudes over a foot taller than me that are more agile, fast, and athletic than me wid like 200 lbs on me :merchant:

:wow:

world needs accountants n lawyers too

:manny:

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
I do think LeBron was right at 270 near the end of his run at Cleveland,

That South Beach diet got him slim. You know, no carbs yet still eating potatoes or whatever dumb shyt he said :mjlol:
That pic was his second year with the Heat and this one is his last year with the Cavs.
lebron-james-in-blue-jersy.jpg

Not bigger than Malone.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
The biggest revelation in this post is that Andre the Giant was 6'10". Wasn't he billed at 7'4???

As far as Wilt, he looked to be 255-260 early in his career and ending at around 280 with the Lakers. That's just based on other centers height and weigh that I've seen over the years.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Not sure if you're laughing at me or the OP but this is 6'1, 220lb Adrian Peterson. NFL lists him as 5% bodyfat but it's well known this is bluffed, 5% bodyfat isn't sustainable for anything other than a few days to do a bodybuilding contest. He's closer to 10 percent.
adrian.jpg

The equivalent weight for a 7 foot 1 inch man would be roughly 256 lbs. Does Wilt Chamberlain even at his biggest look anything close to AP? And some of you are trying to say he was 300+ lbs lean? :mjlol:

And before you give the "hard to fill out a tall frame" excuse, go look at Karl Malone or David Robinson.

This is David Robinson. 7 foot 1 like Chamberlain and NOTABLY biggger. He was only 250 lbs at roughly 10 percent bodyfat. He has very similar muscle insertions to Peterson and look at that, his physique is also comparable to Peterson's. David Robinson is only 6lbs off from the equivalent weight for a 7 foot 1 man. Hmmm....

f34cfad7108b29e3298f08334de0250b.jpg

Karl Malone, 6'9" 270 with a higher bodyfat percentage. Also notably more muscular than Wilt.
latest

You morons who don't do any lifting and sit here being keyboard warriors are trying to tell a guy who has been lifting for 6+ years and has a physique that shyts on this whole forum about what muscle looks like on different frames. :mjlol:
You're an idiot

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
i dont know how many times I have to tell yall they cook the stats of atheletes.. even in high school football they was adding weight to me :heh: my brother had pro days and shyt and his height was always a little taller than he really was and his weight was always 5-10 lbs more.

I talked about it when I encountered Steph Curry and ODB in person, face to face/shoulder to shoulder. Both very small individuals (even though steph looks like hes gained some weight) who are NO WHERE NEAR the sizes listed on paper for both of them - especially ODB

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You're an idiot
Oh look. The classic "you're an idiot" with absolutely 0 evidence or substantial anything to back up the claim.

No, you're an idiot. The claim is that Wilt Chamberlain was 300+ pounds lean with some pinning him as high as 327 and if you've ever actually seen a 300+lb man with a low bodyfat who is tall you'd realize how fukking dumb you sound. This is actor Conan Stevens. You may recognize him from Game of Thrones. He's 7 foot 1, 320 lbs. Some claim Wilt was apparently between 315-330 at peak weight. Wilt has NEVER looked like this, even accounting for a higher bf% his mass isn't comparable in any way, shape, or form. And a quick google search will pretty clearly show you that Wilt wasn't rocking some tree trunk lower body either, it was pretty standard.

Virtually every athlete e-stats their size. lol @ you morons who buy into it.

740full-conan-stevens.jpg

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I'm 6'1 , 205 training for my 7th half marathon next month so I agree with the Wilt Stats . Muscle plays a huge difference in weight. My pops was 5'8 , 175 when he was a correctional officer , going to the gym several times a week . So maybe it's genetics too :manny:

I'm an avid trail runner , doing a LOT of hill training to stay in shape, making my legs huge , adding to my weight gain too. In fact , when I was training for my marathons, I actually gained weight .

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh look. The classic "you're an idiot" with absolutely 0 evidence or substantial anything to back up the claim.

No, you're an idiot. The claim is that Wilt Chamberlain was 300+ pounds lean with some pinning him as high as 327 and if you've ever actually seen a 300+lb man with a low bodyfat who is tall you'd realize how fukking dumb you sound. This is actor Conan Stevens. You may recognize him from Game of Thrones. He's 7 foot 1, 320 lbs. Some claim Wilt was apparently between 315-330 at peak weight. Wilt has NEVER looked like this, even accounting for a higher bf% his mass isn't comparable in any way, shape, or form. And a quick google search will pretty clearly show you that Wilt wasn't rocking some tree trunk lower body either, it was pretty standard.

Virtually every athlete e-stats their size. lol @ you morons who buy into it.

740full-conan-stevens.jpg
This guy has literally got T-Rex arms. They barely reach past his waist.

D7bT1Tr.jpg

wilt80%2527s.jpg

When you've got a chest just as big but the limbs of someone who is 7 foot 8 like Wilt, you'll look rangy but be deceptively heavy and look at least as massive up close. He's got the arms and legs in proportion to someone who is a filled-out 7 foot 8.

You're being skeptical to a fault.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
wilt was a bit taller and longer and yeah, i can believe that got up over 300lbs late in his career and definitely afterwards...but he was nowhere near as big as shaq. i can't buy that wilt was stronger than shaq either, certainly not functionally out on the basketball court.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Wilt was probably at least 280-290 during the latter part of his career. He was massive and even in his 50's he was just as big as Shaq when they shook hands at that All Star game all those years back .Even if he wasn't 300 plus pounds back then he probably would have been now with all the special training and whatnot they have these days. Plus with all those freaky dimensions he had is there any doubt that he would dominate in the league today. In an NBA where Rudy Gobert is one of the best defenders in the league tell me why Wilt couldn't have had that impact on that end and a whole lot more on the offensive end. Not gonna say he puts up the numbers he did but 28 15 and 4 wouldn't have been a stretch at all.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
i dont know how many times I have to tell yall they cook the stats of atheletes.. even in high school football they was adding weight to me :heh: my brother had pro days and shyt and his height was always a little taller than he really was and his weight was always 5-10 lbs more.

I talked about it when I encountered Steph Curry and ODB in person, face to face/shoulder to shoulder. Both very small individuals (even though steph looks like hes gained some weight) who are NO WHERE NEAR the sizes listed on paper for both of them - especially ODB
How big are they really? Is anywhere close to what they list or raw ducktales?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Steph measured at 6'2 at the combine which is believable.
Lemme find out Odell outchea at 5'7" :wow:
neither height or weight as listed. Steph height not 6'3 but maybe 6'0 MAYBE 6'1 but his weight is the :duck: hes around 20 lbs less than listed when I seen him. Not even close to what is listed. his weight is pure :duck: again, this was a few years ago looks like hes gained some weight but hes still not where he was listed at even in 2010. as example my friend is 6'2 185 lbs (curry listed 6'3 185 lbs) and hes huge compared to curry and same body build. standing next to both of em, they arent even close :heh:

odell height and weight both :duck: though, hes fukking tiny which makes his nfl career even more :wow: I can see why he gets mad when people actually hit him tho :lolbron:

hes listed at 6'0 which is :duck: hes listed at 194 lbs which is super :duck: his real size more 5'10 and 170

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
The biggest revelation in this post is that Andre the Giant was 6'10". Wasn't he billed at 7'4???

As far as Wilt, he looked to be 255-260 early in his career and ending at around 280 with the Lakers. That's just based on other centers height and weigh that I've seen over the years.

7'4" was always BS cause they used to really exaggerate wrestlers' sizes in those days

Also Andre lost height in his later years cause of back problems/surgeries, when he wrestled Hogan he was pretty brittle physically by that point