Wilt vs Shaq - Physical Comparison

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is not true. I don't know how you even come up with that number. But you have to know about the square cube law. As things get larger in one dimension if all else stays equal they also get relatively heavier it's not linear.

I'm not exactly sure of the formula but I believe for example if you increased something in height by 5%, it actually gets 15% heavier assuming expansion of all dimensions. If you are 10% taller than someone but built identical in physique, you are 30% heavier than they are.

73 inches in height to 83 inches in height is a 13% increase in height.

13% of 220lbs is 28.6lbs. But you need to add that 3 total times because you expanded the person in 3 different dimensions (X Y and Z axis).

28.6+28.6+28.6 + 220lbs = 305.8lbs.
How does this help your argument in anyway? Your claim is that Wilt was 300+ lbs and you used the square cube law to suggest that at 7'1" a man would have to be 305 lbs to look similar to AP. But even at Wilt's supposed "biggest" at "300+ lbs" he still doesn't look remotely close. So...what's your point? You're hurting yourself.

360Waves

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Karl Malone was 6'9", Wilt and Shaq are 7'0" + without shoes.

2012+NBA+Rookie+Photo+Shoot+4VKYOQJp2yEl.jpg
andredrummond.jpg

Drummond came into the NBA rookie combine at 280lbs, and that was reportedly AFTER losing 22lbs, he was between 290-300lbs when he was playing at Uconn. Adrian Peterson is a lot closer to normal height than the guys in this thread, Drummond is 3-4" shorter than Shaq & Wilt, and Wilt was a massive dude during his Laker days.
Drummond isn't particularly lean though. That's my point. Every folklore legend I've ever read of Wilt said he was 300+ lbs and cut like diamonds, benching 4-500+ lbs, but I don't think any of you have any conceptual grasp of just how big 300+ lbs at a notably low bodyfat is on a 7 footer.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Pretty sure Shaq came into the league around 275...maybe 280.
I don't buy that 300lb shyt at all. At least not early in his career.

Shaq was 303lbs as a rookie, his combine numbers are there for everyone to see and I remember when he was drafted how big a deal they made over his weight because of how well he moved.

Daps
Not sure if you're laughing at me or the OP but this is 6'1, 220lb Adrian Peterson. NFL lists him as 5% bodyfat but it's well known this is bluffed, 5% bodyfat isn't sustainable for anything other than a few days to do a bodybuilding contest. He's closer to 10 percent.
adrian.jpg

The equivalent weight for a 7 foot 1 inch man would be roughly 256 lbs. Does Wilt Chamberlain even at his biggest look anything close to AP? And some of you are trying to say he was 300+ lbs lean? :mjlol:

And before you give the "hard to fill out a tall frame" excuse, go look at Karl Malone or David Robinson.

This is David Robinson. 7 foot 1 like Chamberlain and NOTABLY biggger. He was only 250 lbs at roughly 10 percent bodyfat. He has very similar muscle insertions to Peterson and look at that, his physique is also comparable to Peterson's. David Robinson is only 6lbs off from the equivalent weight for a 7 foot 1 man. Hmmm....

f34cfad7108b29e3298f08334de0250b.jpg

Karl Malone, 6'9" 270 with a higher bodyfat percentage. Also notably more muscular than Wilt.
latest

You morons who don't do any lifting and sit here being keyboard warriors are trying to tell a guy who has been lifting for 6+ years and has a physique that shyts on this whole forum about what muscle looks like on different frames. :mjlol:
Nobody that's lifted for 6+ years would post this dumb shyt. @Serious this dude out here flexin about how his physique shyts on the whole board while saying this nonsense.

:dead:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Drummond isn't particularly lean though. That's my point. Every folklore legend I've ever read of Wilt said he was 300+ lbs and cut like diamonds, benching 4-500+ lbs, but I don't think any of you have any conceptual grasp of just how big 300+ lbs at a notably low bodyfat is on a 7 footer.

I don't believe the benching stuff, maybe after he retired and was doing work for Conan he could have hit some high numbers but not during his playing days.

I think you're just focusing a little too much on "lean", in comparison to Shaq yeah Wilt was "lean" but not in the body building sense of the word.

360Waves

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nobody that's lifted for 6+ years would post this dumb shyt. @Serious this dude out here flexin about how his physique shyts on this whole board while saying this nonsense.

I was a poster on BB.com long before I ever heard of this site and had my physique as my avi for a long time. I've gotten plenty of PMs from people who recognize me from there so....

I get why you're dogging me though. That insecurity kicking in. 24,000 posts on here in record time and you probably haven't lifted your finger in 2 years let alone a weight. Don't let me rattle you babe. :mjlol:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Nobody that's lifted for 6+ years would post this dumb shyt. @Serious this dude out here flexin about how his physique shyts on the whole board while saying this nonsense.

its weird how dudes are using upper body pictures to talk about basketball players weights, when most hoopers will tell to you the biggest difference in weight come from how big your legs are.

I'm a 6'7 skinny nikka overall but have long legs with big quadriceps , that alone kept me at 250+ when I was less than 10% body fat.

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does this help your argument in anyway? Your claim is that Wilt was 300+ lbs and you used the square cube law to suggest that at 7'1" a man would have to be 305 lbs to look similar to AP. But even at Wilt's supposed "biggest" at "300+ lbs" he still doesn't look remotely close. So...what's your point? You're hurting yourself.
Well do you also want me to explain how using photography of an athlete deliberately designed to make them look as big as possible vs the photography of Wilt in question is misleading?

Look, here's Dwight Howard at the exact same body weight/size - but taken with two different cameras:

Kaci-with-Dwight-Howard-717686.jpg

dwight-lakers.jpg

Which Dwight looks bigger and heavier though?

Zoom lenses are deliberately used for many sports photography images to deliberately exaggerate the physique of players. The same effect is used to make female celebrities look thinner, by using non-zoom lenses on them.

Here's AP with a more normal camera:

1205-boosie-peterson-insta-4.jpg

How can you tell which images are zoom images and which ones are not? Or the degree of a zoom (there's a wide range of zoom lengths/lenses). Well, look at how blurry the background is. The blurrier, the more the zoom. The more the zoom, the more filled out a subject will appear.

The pictures I see you posted of David Robinson for example are a case in point. Because Wilt dwarfed David Robinson when they were near each other in the 1997 ASG weekend and you're using Robinson as evidence that Wilt 'wasn't' 300lbs based on how swole Robinson looked in that image of him shooting a free throw:

Wilt%252520and%252520Russell%252520Next%252520to%252520Drob.jpg

You have to level the playing field before you attempt to compare photographs of players. You can only ever compare images with a similar zoom and perspective or better yet, pictures where two athletes are actually in the same picture and in close proximity to each other.

You have to understand this to even make an image like I made in the OP.

Last edited:

360Waves

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well do you also want me to explain how using photography of an athlete deliberately designed to make them look as big as possible vs the photography of Wilt in question is misleading?

Look, here's Dwight Howard at the exact same body weight/size - but taken with two different cameras:

Kaci-with-Dwight-Howard-717686.jpg

dwight-lakers.jpg

Which Dwight looks bigger and heavier though?

Zoom lenses are deliberately used for many sports photography images to deliberately exaggerate the physique of players. The same effect is used to make female celebrities look thinner, by using non-zoom lenses on them.

Here's AP with a more normal camera:

1205-boosie-peterson-insta-4.jpg
Show pictures of Dwight in an oversized polo vs him in his tight jersey in a game situation along with a pic of AP in a hoodie and have the audacity to complain about "camera tricks" brehs. :mjlol:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Not sure if you're laughing at me or the OP but this is 6'1, 220lb Adrian Peterson. NFL lists him as 5% bodyfat but it's well known this is bluffed, 5% bodyfat isn't sustainable for anything other than a few days to do a bodybuilding contest. He's closer to 10 percent.
adrian.jpg

The equivalent weight for a 7 foot 1 inch man would be roughly 256 lbs. Does Wilt Chamberlain even at his biggest look anything close to AP? And some of you are trying to say he was 300+ lbs lean? :mjlol:

And before you give the "hard to fill out a tall frame" excuse, go look at Karl Malone or David Robinson.

This is David Robinson. 7 foot 1 like Chamberlain and NOTABLY biggger. He was only 250 lbs at roughly 10 percent bodyfat. He has very similar muscle insertions to Peterson and look at that, his physique is also comparable to Peterson's. David Robinson is only 6lbs off from the equivalent weight for a 7 foot 1 man. Hmmm....

f34cfad7108b29e3298f08334de0250b.jpg

Karl Malone, 6'9" 270 with a higher bodyfat percentage. Also notably more muscular than Wilt.
latest

You morons who don't do any lifting and sit here being keyboard warriors are trying to tell a guy who has been lifting for 6+ years and has a physique that shyts on this whole forum about what muscle looks like on different frames. :mjlol:

You do realize that Adrian Peterson is listed at 220 because that's what he wants to be listed at, right? That's not how much that man actually weighs. After they weigh you in the team physical the team doctor's will ask you how much you want to weigh in the team guide. He weighed 220 when he came out of college and I doubt he still weighs the same weight after 8 years of working out to stay in the NFL. I imagine it's the same type of thing happening in the NBA because ain't no one alive gonna convince Lebron James is only 250 lbs. He's more like 280

Daps
I was a poster on BB.com long before I ever heard of this site and had my physique as my avi for a long time. I've gotten plenty of PMs from people who recognize me from there so....

I get why you're dogging me though. That insecurity kicking in. 24,000 posts on here in record time and you probably haven't lifted your finger in 2 years let alone a weight. Don't let me rattle you babe. :mjlol:
My progress:
6oz7k0.jpg
Just saw this shyt from 2012 -

Only been back a few months -

ucdCTcV.jpg

Summer been good to a nikka. #darkesthalfbreed @Serious @houston911 :mjpls:
Don't play these schoolyard games with me breh. :russell:

360Waves

Daps
Reppin
NYC
You do realize that Adrian Peterson is listed at 220 because that's what he wants to be listed at, right? That's not how much that man actually weighs. After they weigh you in the team physical the team doctor's will ask you how much you want to weigh in the team guide. He weighed 220 when he came out of college and I doubt he still weighs the same weight after 8 years of working out to stay in the NFL. I imagine it's the same type of thing happening in the NBA because ain't no one alive gonna convince Lebron James is only 250 lbs. He's more like 280
I'm as big a Bron fan as they come but he is the most e-statted player of all time. I've heard Jeff Van Gundy say with a straight face that he thinks Bron is 6'9", 280-290.

LeBron is at most 240 lbs and I only give him that because his lower body is huge, pause. Look at his thigh in comparison to Wade and CP. :dead:

bananaboat1.jpg

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
I'm as big a Bron fan as they come but he is the most e-statted player of all time. I've heard Jeff Van Gundy say with a straight face that he thinks Bron is 6'9", 280-290.

LeBron is at most 240 lbs and I only give him that because his lower body is huge, pause. Look at his thigh in comparison to Wade and CP. :dead:

bananaboat1.jpg

You're tripping, I was 238 coming out of high school and I was a stick figure.
Lebron has an inch on me and way more muscle, no way he's 240