Wilt vs Shaq - Physical Comparison

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WiltShaq.jpg

Two similarly shot images are scaled so that a ball that was originally being shot by jabbar was replaced on the same spot with Shaq attached from a similar picture from shaq's career. So that's about what the two most physically dominant ever centers would look like in close proximity to each other. As pictured Shaq is probably about 350lbs, and Wilt about 310.

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty sure Shaq came into the league around 275...maybe 280.
I don't buy that 300lb shyt at all. At least not early in his career.
Could be, I think 285 is what they penciled him in as at LSU. I just went by what info I could find though, newspaper data from 1992 cited him at 301/303 as a rookie based on what they claim was two weigh-ins a few weeks apart coming into the season.

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wilt was never 300+ lbs lol. Do you know what 300 lbs lean would look like on a 7 foot man?
The amount of information I have citing Wilt at 300+ for various seasons is extensive. Even seasons that specify he's up or down a few pounds from one to the other and give exact numbers, even articles that point out how "he looks rangy from afar but he weighs ____ / looks huge up close".

Maybe it's just how you look when you've got long limbs and a towering frame. His shoulders and arms look massive.

Scaled images of Deandre Jordan and Wilt when Wilt was a 258lb rookie, and again the Lakers years when he claims he was about 300-310lbs.

oiYNWtq.jpg

Wilt%252520Deandre.jpg

Deandre Jordan's 6' 9.75" without shoes, has a 7' 6" armspan, and is listed at 265lbs.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
The amount of information I have citing Wilt at 300+ for various seasons is extensive. Even seasons that specify he's up or down a few pounds from one to the other and give exact numbers, even articles that point out how "he looks rangy from afar but he weighs ____ / looks huge up close".

Maybe it's just how you look when you've got long limbs and a towering frame. His shoulders and arms look massive.

Scaled images of Deandre Jordan and Wilt when Wilt was a 258lb rookie, and again the Lakers years when he claims he was about 300-310lbs.

oiYNWtq.jpg

Wilt%252520Deandre.jpg

Deandre Jordan's 6' 9.75" without shoes, has a 7' 6" armspan, and is listed at 265lbs.

That scale between DeAndre & Wilt seems a bit off, here's Enes Kanter & Rudy Gobert -

182596315-rudy-gobert-enes-kanter-andris-biedrins-and-gettyimages.jpg

Rudy was 7'0.5" without shoes and Kanter was 6'9.75" almost exactly the same difference, yet the Wilt/DeAndre picture just looks off.

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That scale between DeAndre & Wilt seems a bit off, here's Enes Kanter & Rudy Gobert -

182596315-rudy-gobert-enes-kanter-andris-biedrins-and-gettyimages.jpg

Rudy was 7'0.5" without shoes and Kanter was 6'9.75" almost exactly.
Hmmm idk they look about the same relative difference in height to me when I squint my eyes - no? All I did was make it so the basketball in their hands was identical in size. So assuming the cameras used were similar/similar angle, and that the basketballs are the same size, it should be pretty close.

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:mjlol:

Have no idea how much muscle weighs brehs
Not sure if you're laughing at me or the OP but this is 6'1, 220lb Adrian Peterson. NFL lists him as 5% bodyfat but it's well known this is bluffed, 5% bodyfat isn't sustainable for anything other than a few days to do a bodybuilding contest. He's closer to 10 percent.
adrian.jpg

The equivalent weight for a 7 foot 1 inch man would be roughly 256 lbs. Does Wilt Chamberlain even at his biggest look anything close to AP? And some of you are trying to say he was 300+ lbs lean? :mjlol:

And before you give the "hard to fill out a tall frame" excuse, go look at Karl Malone or David Robinson.

This is David Robinson. 7 foot 1 like Chamberlain and NOTABLY biggger. He was only 250 lbs at roughly 10 percent bodyfat. He has very similar muscle insertions to Peterson and look at that, his physique is also comparable to Peterson's. David Robinson is only 6lbs off from the equivalent weight for a 7 foot 1 man. Hmmm....

f34cfad7108b29e3298f08334de0250b.jpg

Karl Malone, 6'9" 270 with a higher bodyfat percentage. Also notably more muscular than Wilt.
latest

You morons who don't do any lifting and sit here being keyboard warriors are trying to tell a guy who has been lifting for 6+ years and has a physique that shyts on this whole forum about what muscle looks like on different frames. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Hmmm idk they look about the same relative difference in height to me when I squint my eyes - no?

I don't know, just looks a bit off to me, I've seen DeAndre with Ryan Hollins who just recently measured 7'0" without shoes and he's not that much shorter than him.

What do you think of Joel Embiid reportedly being 7'2" now with shoes?

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure if you're laughing at me or the OP but this is 6'1, 220lb Adrian Peterson. NFL lists him as 5% bodyfat but it's well known this is bluffed, 5% bodyfat isn't sustainable for anything other than a few days to do a bodybuilding contest. He's closer to 10 percent.
adrian.jpg

The equivalent weight for a 7 foot 1 inch man would be roughly 256 lbs. Does Wilt Chamberlain even at his biggest look anything close to AP? And some of you are trying to say he was 300+ lbs lean? :mjlol:

And before you give the "hard to fill out a tall frame" excuse, go look at Karl Malone.
This is not true. I don't know how you even come up with that number. But you have to know about the square cube law. As things get larger in one dimension if all else stays equal they also get relatively heavier it's not linear.

I'm not exactly sure of the formula but I believe for example if you increased something in height by 5%, it actually gets 15% heavier assuming expansion of all dimensions. If you are 10% taller than someone but built identical in physique, you are 30% heavier than they are.

73 inches in height to 83 inches in height is a 13% increase in height.

13% of 220lbs is 28.6lbs. But you need to add that 3 total times because you expanded the person in 3 different dimensions (X Y and Z axis).

28.6+28.6+28.6 + 220lbs = 305.8lbs.

So 220lbs at 6 foot 1 should be about 305lbs at 7 foot 1

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
adrian.jpg

And before you give the "hard to fill out a tall frame" excuse, go look at Karl Malone or David Robinson.

Karl Malone was 6'9", Wilt and Shaq are 7'0" + without shoes.

2012+NBA+Rookie+Photo+Shoot+4VKYOQJp2yEl.jpg
andredrummond.jpg

Drummond came into the NBA rookie combine at 280lbs, and that was reportedly AFTER losing 22lbs, he was between 290-300lbs when he was playing at Uconn. Adrian Peterson is a lot closer to normal height than the guys in this thread, Drummond is 3-4" shorter than Shaq & Wilt, and Wilt was a massive dude during his Laker days.

It's really not that big of a stretch for Wilt to have been over 300lbs, during Shaq's best years he was probably in the 350-375lbs range.