Will You Shut Down Your Childs Relationship With A Loser Or Not In The Name Of Love

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
it's really not up to me what he/she wants to do as far as their love life. but when it comes time for a handout, we'll see.
Would you be willing to flush your bloodline down the toilet just so you can feel good about allowing your seed to make their own decisions. You wont even put up a fight if she brings trash home? :snoop:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Do you feel that that overly romantic/fairy tale concepts of love taught by the media have something to do with that mentality? With the divorce rate at 60 percent under romantic love and 4 percent around arranged marriages, can romance be considered a failure?

Will you let your flaws as a man hold you from speaking against your seeds thoughts of dating a loser? What is a loser to you?

Haha, you sound like @MrUncleLeroy

But yeah, to an extent I believe it does. Idealizing what love is and how it should play out but I think it'd occur naturally even if kids weren't taught that from a young age.

The second question I'm not so sure about. A marriage is flawed from the jump if the people involved think that romance will be the only thing needed to hold them together so thinking that romance is a failure based on divorce rates would be flawed also. People grow, shyt happens.

I find the idea of a one true love to be completely idiotic though and helps to fuel that overly romanticized nature of relationships. Everyone searching for their 'one', completely missing opportunities for romance while they're at it.

Third question, nope. Not at all. And idk really, someone that I can't see any hope for or their potential to grow as a person.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Haha, you sound like @MrUncleLeroy

But yeah, to an extent I believe it does. Idealizing what love is and how it should play out but I think it'd occur naturally even if kids weren't taught that from a young age.

The second question I'm not so sure about. A marriage is flawed from the jump if the people involved think that romance will be the only thing needed to hold them together so thinking that romance is a failure based on divorce rates would be flawed also. People grow, shyt happens.

I find the idea of a one true love to be completely idiotic though and helps to fuel that overly romanticized nature of relationships. Everyone searching for their 'one', completely missing opportunities for romance while they're at it.

Third question, nope. Not at all. And idk really, someone that I can't see any hope for or their potential to grow as a person.
You should really study the history of romance, its very deep. It is learned behavior. Its just done so subtly using movies, music, television that you think its natural but its actually a conditioning process. There are examples of winners and losers who do the right thing to get the girl and the wrong thing to turn her away/lose her. I believe that despite your failures in life, if you really love your kids and want better for not only your bloodline but your people, you have to take a more firm stance on who your seeds end up with. Why do you think racist cacs dont mind their baby girl marrying a black surgeon? Despite their feelings on race, they know they are coming up in the world being connected to someone with that level of discipline/success.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Would you be willing to flush your bloodline down the toilet just so you can feel good about allowing your seed to make their own decisions. You wont even put up a fight if she brings trash home? :snoop:

as long as he/she's happy, i honestly won't have much to stake in it. period, breh. i'll be real with them no matter what. don't get it twisted. it will be known how i feel. like i said, if i don't approve, i won't be paying for shyt. it's going to be on some "well, ask ya homie then..." shyt. i'm not one to bite my tongue so if a weakling can deal with me as a father then he's a stand up dude.

so...

i guess what i'm saying is that, logically, if my child's s/o can deal with me being me and respect my seed, they must be alright.

my parents let me learn many lessons on my own. they offered advice but they never forced me to do anything. as a result, i learned to go for the gold or accept the consequences.

but let it be a situation with my daughter and a nikka gets outta pocket ie. laying hands on my baby i ain't gonna do shyt. i'ma be the watcher. everywhere i go, i got people i know. i'll make that suggestion to him in a heartbeat.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
:whew: I assume you're talking about daughters.

I wouldn't try to "forbid" it because we all know that's just gonna make her wanna pursuit it more. :comeon:

Instead, I would just show her the right example of a man so she wouldn't be interested in losers anyway. Next step is to keep reinforcing that so it's understood.

My only daughter is a daddy's girl anyway so she's going to expect to be spoiled. Homie better have his chips up off gp. :manny:

If she still pick a loser after all that :shaq2:, the door will be open whenever she's ready to come home. :yeshrug:

That's my baby. :to:

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
Wow, thank you for your input. Very insightful.

:laugh:

Any individual whose taken heed to their experiences know: shoulda', coulda', woulda's have no meaning in reality. For me to state what I will do before I've actually experienced it, is far fetched and a form of self deception.

Despite what a parent instills in their child, they cannot pick whom they fall in love with. More times than not, trying to dictate what your child(ren) can or cannot do will, they'll defy everything you tell them (rebellious). Which in turn, will make them gravitate towards the individual that doesn't meet one's approval.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Meaning an individual who seems like he/she has no future, money, success, goals, intelligence and/or education. Will you allow this relationship to take root in your seed because of the emotions involved or will you do everything in your power to destroy it before it gets off the ground. Will you be upset if your seed marries someone who doesnt meet your expectations? Do you have any expectations for who your seed marries? Do you care or do you feel like love comes first and then everything else?
how will you shut it down?

People are going to do whatever they want to do.

and no matter what you say to your child.... experience will always be the best teacher.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fam of course I'd shut it down.
Why would I let my seed fall into a trap with a low life
If the person is actively trying to become better that's different, but the scenario your describedsseems to me like your asking if I'll let my seed do something retarded... Nah breh

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
let me add something again, you should intervene and say something and forbid it, and not even attend the wedding etc. if needs be.

because at the end of the day, many relationships fail, lets say you keep your mouth shut your daughter gets knocked up by ledarious, ledarious bols. daughter and grandchild has no where to stay, now you have to deal with that

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Like others have alluded to, prevention it better than cure. It would be ideal for your offspring to take on a sensible mindset.

However, to answer your question...yeah I would do everything in my power to shut it down. I don't play that. That love shyt is overrated. He/She will find someone to love with no probs.

But you have to play it tactfully and strategically. If you go in gun ho you'll the drive them into the arms of the very person you don't them associating with.

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
I've realized that the old country ways of arranged marriage and / or not allowing your children to date people beneath them is vital to the survival of our community. It is most important for our young girls that fathers do not allow them to get knocked up by some loser and dilute our good genes and wealth. The powers that be teach the masses all that romance and love bullshyt while behind closed doors the elites teach their kids that bloodlines are what matters.

Any bytch ass nikka who attempts to date my daughter is putting his life at risk and i'll make it clear to him that if he continues i'll kill him. Life is cheap and i got money to blow.:birdman:

Will2x

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've thought about this and you really can't pick who your children fall in love with. What you can do is pick what pool they're choosing from. Raise your children in a good neighborhood with good schools to increase the odds of them falling in love with a winner.