Will there ever be a skateboarder as big/successful as tony hawk

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I'm not well versed on skateboarding but admittedly I did get turned on to the sport in the early 2Ks through Tony Hawk's games :yeshrug:

Can somebody give me a cliffnotes summary of the history of the "culture". Shyt'\s always lowkey been interesting to me. Too late for me to take it up though. I'm in my early 20s.
Not too late at all

Skate shops nowadays will act real prickish when you walk in, but will actually give you lessons if you're genuinely trying to learn

Get out there and skate breh. I can't afford to break my arm like when I was younger so I just take a cruiser out some days. Still fun as hell

Anyway skating comes from surf shops modifying boards when waves were low

I theorize it went nationwide when suburban kids needed the adrenaline rush that you can't find outside of urban areas

There's a lot more and good movies have been made but I'm lazy, sorry breh

TL15

Veteran
Daps
full

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
When skateboarding sees a resurgence in mainstream culture, sure. Right now, it's not as big as it was say about late 90's to mid 2000's

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I wasn't gonna put @DaSk8D00D out there like that:mjlol:and Will Easely. Slap forums kept my ass entertained from 2010-2013 after that One in a Million thing with Forrest Edwards.

Maaaann SLAP is hella :flabbynsick: now though. Bunch middle-aged lames with nothing to do but bytch & complain about stupid shyt. The only place on the web where you can find public school teachers posting like children going post for post with trolls writing 5-6 paragraphs per rebuttal:dahellwblunt:

Last time I check what was going on over there the Gipper got his identify exposed by some pro over Instagram for talking too much shyt on the boards :dead:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maaaann SLAP is hella :flabbynsick: now though. Bunch middle-aged lames with nothing to do but bytch & complain about stupid shyt. The only place on the web where you can find public school teachers posting like children going post for post with trolls writing 5-6 paragraphs per rebuttal:dahellwblunt:

Last time I check what was going on over there the Gipper got his identify exposed by some pro over Instagram for talking too much shyt on the boards :dead:
:bryan:Good ole gipper. What I wanna know is why the fukk Tracer is still posting:dahell:

Outside of that, the forum is lame as hell now. Probably has more to do with the fact that I don't care about the "industry" anymore.

I do like their use of "of" though. That had me giggling like a bytch for months.