Will Square make a new Final Fantasy ever as good as 7?

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Or 9, but that might just be personal preference

I hope doing the remake ups their game

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As long as they adopt a similar battle system, good music and great story they can. But I seriously doubt it, especially when it comes to story telling. It’d just be another weird confusing Jap crap.

Superstar
Daps
No. They went downhill after the Enix merger. Their stories don’t have the same grit. Everything is about pretty spectacle. I loved 6,7,8. I don’t like the aesthetic of 9, but I’ve played it, and can understand why some might love it. After 10 it was over. I’ve played all the mainline, single-player games even into 15. I personally feel the magic is gone. There were parts, in 15, that I found cool but I felt no need to finish it.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
No. They went downhill after the Enix merger. Their stories don’t have the same grit. Everything is about pretty spectacle. I loved 6,7,8. I don’t like the aesthetic of 9, but I’ve played it, and can understand why some might love it. After 10 it was over. I’ve played all the mainline, single-player games even into 15. I personally feel the magic is gone. There were parts, in 15, that I found cool but I felt no need to finish it.

8 is trash

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I thought they did a damn good job with 15 Hell FF16 needs to have a more Kefka like villain.
:whew:

Lowkey they might need to throw Kingdom Hearts in the bushes in order get FF right
:ld:

Superstar
Daps
I thought they did a damn good job with 15 Hell FF16 needs to have a more Kefka like villain.

Lowkey they might need to throw Kingdom Hearts in the bushes in order get FF right

I enjoyed the combat, I got used to the characters, I dig the looks of everything. Something about XV just felt off. I think it wasn’t as dense as the other’s world wise. I felt the same about 12 though. I think they might need to make the worlds more interactive. Once it came tome to finish, I took a break to play other shyt. I just wasn’t invested enough to finish. Maybe I’m just old lol.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I enjoyed the combat, I got used to the characters, I dig the looks of everything. Something about XV just felt off. I think it wasn’t as dense as the other’s world wise. I felt the same about 12 though. I think they might need to make the worlds more interactive. Once it came tome to finish, I took a break to play other shyt. I just wasn’t invested enough to finish. Maybe I’m just old lol.

I never finished 12 for that exact reason.

I feel like If the game came with all of the DLC episodes in the right places it probably would’ve been a classic.
:francis:

Superstar
Daps
I never finished 12 for that exact reason.

I feel like If the game came with all of the DLC episodes in the right places it probably would’ve been a classic.
:francis:

I guess Squenix feels that as along as it’s better than 13 it’s good to go lol

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

They basically already threw KH in the bushes. 3 was supposed to be the finale and it was criticially panned.

Their main problem FF wise is that they split the fanbase. There's the OG fans that played and like the turn based games and story, and the new fans that prefer the action and the over the top cinematics. They were able to get everybody on board with FF7R, but that doesn't mean that they will be able to do that with FF16 and onward.

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
No. It’s like the 90s Bull teams. There were too many key players involved who no longer work for the company or who have started their own for them ever to recapture that magic. Square was on a roll in terms of classic games being released in succession. Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, FF 7-10.

They rely way too much on Nomura to carry their vision forward, when he’s been shown to be all over the place in terms of constructing understandable and engaging storylines.

The merger with Enix was another move that cost them a lot of talent and changed the direction of the company. Square still releases good content here and there but it’s nowhere near the level they used to be.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
They still got people there that can make a good FF... but I don't think it's likely any time soon.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
No. It’s like the 90s Bull teams. There were too many key players involved who no longer work for the company or who have started their own for them ever to recapture that magic. Square was on a roll in terms of classic games being released in succession. Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, FF 7-10.

They rely way too much on Nomura to carry their vision forward, when he’s been shown to be all over the place in terms of constructing understandable and engaging storylines.

The merger with Enix was another move that cost them a lot of talent and changed the direction of the company. Square still releases good content here and there but it’s nowhere near the level they used to be.
Nomura is an artist any way tho
Why would they rely on him?