Will sports games improve next gen?

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
I honestly think there will be a honest and concentrated effort to improve even if its marginal with All sports games.

However as expected, game modes and features will probably be monitized DLC for simple shyt like career modes/franchise relocation & in game analytical advance stats.

Other sports games like WWE 2k/UFC will probably go with the take 3 features out add one feature in model too.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
shyt will get shinier and glitzier, that's it. Hope 2K records more that the same 1 interview per player/coach

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The main thing about Madden... Is that the gameplay DOES change a lot. If I really went back and stuck Madden 2015 in, that shyt would play terrible. A lot of the same exploits would still work. They never changed it from the ground up. But it's not just a roster update either

The problem is.. The franchise mode, like others have said, is exactly the same shyt. You might get one/two new features that matter over that span. And it's usually cosmetic or pointless. Look at 2k. Every year they update to match the NBA rules on trades, contracts, off season, salary cap, deadlines.. You can't have 3, 99 players, at the same position, without two of them being pissed about playing time. shyt matters. Attendance matters. Moving a team is intricate. And it matters. Frontloading or backloading, cutting, contracts, financials matter.

Who the fukk is doing the background shyt over there? That doesn't even rely on a game engine.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
2k changes every year

Madden is fukking terrible. The franchise mode is the same shyt every fukking year and Superstar mode has been long gone....who the fukk asked for this

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I really want to believe someone at the NFL is looking at the NBA 2K series and then looking at Madden like :patrice:

I don't think EA will have the exclusive contract forever.

Hopefully

Daps
No. These games are on a yearly release cycle and people buy them no matter the quality and complain when they do actually change things, so they will just continue to get incremental upgrades while people complain but still spend $60 every year.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The fact that Madden is running on DICE's (the cats who make Battlefield) frostbite engine is ridiculous .Use a FPS game engine for sports brehs

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Someone here broke down why we can't get one a while back. Iirc it was that they'd be paying out the ass for to use the likeness of boxers.
Get a couple big names to move units and have a beast ass create a boxer mode!!!!

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get a couple big names to move units and have a beast ass create a boxer mode!!!!
That what it was like back in the 90s when boxing games came out like Evander Holyfield's "Real Deal" Boxing and Riddikk Bowe Boxing dont know why Sony or EA cant do it in this day and age.

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
Why would they change when FIFA, Madden & 2k are always in the Top 10 best selling games of the year they release?

EA & Take Two would be crazy to change anything drastically

bis0n

(Requires Trapping)
Daps
Paranoid it won't recoup

Are they wrong, though? Whales make you money. Most whales are children. Children don't watch boxing like that. Which major market can they be sure is gonna pour 200+ dollars into the game?

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
nikkas gonna spend that $60 yearly on each game. They dont have to do anything different