Will sports games improve next gen?

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Honestly no

At least not anytime soon , remember all companies goals are to have low spending , high profits

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Last time I bought Madden was 08.

Wasn't going to get finessed again paying $60 for a fukkin roster update, new start menu design and updated music.

fukk EA for claiming NFL rights. They knew 2K was going to turn Madden into NBA Live status.

2K5 mechanics was GOAT
Bruh I still remember a game I had on 2k. Was in high school playing for a dub. I had the eagles and my guy had the falcons. He tried to stunt. Was up by 3. Less than a minute to play and he was on the goalline. He threw the ball and I picked it off in the end zone. Ran that hoe back for the TD :wow:. We ain’t running shyt back till you give me my bread :umad:GOAT football game :mjcry:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
2k & Madden have been running on what feels like the same engines since 360/PS3

Or should we just expect another graphics upgrade

Also I blame take two & EA for being horrible companies
Uhhh...... Madden moved from the "Infinity engine" to the "Ignite engine" at the start of the current gen with Madden 25:

Is the big anniversary edition everything we want in a football game?

Next-gen graphics only go so far - changes to Madden 25's play make control tougher, though it's still good football.

Than Madden moved from the "Ignite Engine" to the "Frostbite 3" engine a couple years ago with Madden 18:

Madden NFL 18 Reviewed by Dustin Toms on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Narrated by Max Scoville.

Is this year's Madden Football game one to skip over or is it an absolute touchdown of a game? Find out in our GameSpot review!

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
Nope, because the micro-transaction modes (Madden Ultimate Team, 2K MyPlayer/MyTeam) make them hundreds of millions of dollars yearly and the development cost of pushing out cards / cosmetics / animations is 1,000x less than doing an actual re-write of the gameplay.

Because of how these modes are and how both games rely on scripted animations that "look good", it's a perfect storm for them to bank huge revenue for what is essentially pay-to-win animations

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Uhhh...... Madden moved from the "Infinity engine" to the "Ignite engine" at the start of the current gen with Madden 25:

Than Madden moved from the "Ignite Engine" to the "Frostbite 3" engine a couple years ago with Madden 18:

and yet......

it's still the same damn game every year

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
none and the only modes they will try to improve is shyt where you spend virtual currency on say good by to improvements in real gm/team owner type modes and hello to buying more useless accessories.

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
EA is in the process of having everything under their umbrella run on the Frostbite engine in one form or another. Sports games in the EA business model is just a way to push Ultimate Team. Don't hold hold your breathe if you expect any sweeping changes outside of its microtransaction focused modes.

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
Last time I bought Madden was 08.

Wasn't going to get finessed again paying $60 for a fukkin roster update, new start menu design and updated music.

fukk EA for claiming NFL rights. They knew 2K was going to turn Madden into NBA Live status.

2K5 mechanics was GOAT
That’s actually not what happened

I’ll have to find the YouTube video but it’s all the NFL’s fault

They only wanted to deal with ONE company (easier to control, give direction) then have multiple companies making the game