Will sports games improve next gen?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No.We said the same shyt when we were on 360/PS3 and we were like "I can't wait for sports games on the next gen PS4 and XBox 1" but fukking disappointed.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
2k & Madden have been running on what feels like the same engines since 360/PS3

Or should we just expect another graphics upgrade

Also I blame take two & EA for being horrible companies
Neither game will change much and there's a distinct reason why.

Both games have professional leagues, drafts,etc. So now they cater to that, changing the gameplay and graphics can potentially ruin an e-sports league if the changes was not loved. Yes, we all would love changes but is it worth the potential losses?

Only a new challenger can make a difference, maybe Stadia will try to force the issue? I've lost all hope in video game sports outside of baseball and hockey since those leagues haven't been video game monopolized yet, word to super mega baseball :salute:

bis0n

(Requires Trapping)
Daps
EA's not changing anything for Madden and FIFA as long as Ultimate Team is the money maker. Sports Interactive have given me enough to believe that I'll see big things coming from Football Manager every year, which is why it's the only sports game I've bought "in this gen". However, it's very much unlike the games discussed in OP, so who knows?

AlphaOne

OFT XI E Squad
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey / XO
Didn’t EA just change their engine for sports games?

Probably gonna be an upgrade in graphics and gameplay mechanics only until mid/late gen.

Don’t know about 2K.