Will Smith is the biggest bag fumbler in cinematic history

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I don't mind him having turned down some of those movies, but it does feel that as huge as he is (or was) he could've been even bigger.

Would be cool to see him step away from blockbuster type movies for a while, it's not like he needs the money anyway.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Guy is literally worth 100’s of millions of dollars, has his own production company, one of the biggest success stories in hip hop, and one of the most famous people in the world.

But sure…:mjlol:

I understand everyone wants to get their hits in (no pun) because of his messy ass personal life but anything other than success being associated with Will Smith and his family is a lie.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Breh reached the pinnacle of success in his industry. Similar to winning the highly prized/coveted NBA or a NFL Championship ring.

6348.jpg

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  • declined the matrix
  • walked away from django unchained
  • declined to come back for the superior Suicide Squad movie by Gunn because Jada didn't want him hanging around Margot again
  • rush hour
  • boyz n the hood
  • could've been black superman
what the fukk is wrong with this nikka?
Terrible take
Bet you think Tom cruise fukked up as well

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Dad

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
  • declined the matrix
  • walked away from django unchained
  • declined to come back for the superior Suicide Squad movie by Gunn because Jada didn't want him hanging around Margot again
  • rush hour
  • boyz n the hood
  • could've been black superman
what the fukk is wrong with this nikka?

#1. Yes he declined the Matrix but he then turn around and had 8 #1 Box Office Blockbuster in a Row (A Record that still hasn't been broken) after turning down "The Matrix". Plus that opened the door for Lawrence to be Morpheus which was the best performance of the whole Trilogy.

#2. Yes he walked away from Django one because he already did the Cowboy thing in "Wild Wild West" which didn't turn out well. Plus because it had a White Savior in the plot and Django did not kill the Main Villain of the Story, Also he didn't want to be in a White Man's Slave Revenge Fantasy. (Only a White Man would have the White Savior kill the main Boss and not the Hero). He ended up doing "Emancipation" which I enjoyed more than that cartoonish aspects of "Django" which I still say Sam had the best performance.

#3. He didn't decline "Suicide Squad 2" because of Jada or Margot. That's tabloid rumors and gossip. He declined it because James Gunn had a Pedophile Tweets Controversy. I don't think Will Smith wanted to associate his brand with James Gunn at that time. David A. directed the first movie. I think Will would have came back if he was director again. So he said it was "Schedule conflicts" but that was mostly likely real reason honestly. Yes there are some actors who will never work with him based on those tweets either. Well see if he ever comes back to it. Plus "Suicide Squad 2" flopped and didn't do that well during the Pandemic anyway so he dodged a bullet.

#4. He was working on "Men in Black" and "Enemy of the State" during "Rush Hour" both of those movies were hits so he didn't lose anything. "Men In Black" is a bigger franchise than "Rush Hour". Ironically Tom Cruise actually turned down "Enemy of the State" and Will capitalized on that.

#5. Boyz N The Hood was a rumor plus his "Fresh Prince Of Bel Air" show was already a hit at the time the movie dropped, He also dropped "Summertime" which won a Grammy and had another hit DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince LP. He was fine. It was true that Will and Jazzy were approach to do "House Party" but Will already had deals in place for the TV show, that's why he turned it down.

#6. He turned down Black Superman and then made a "Black Superman" original movie with "Hancock". It was a Blockbuster Success and one of the Highest Grossing Super Hero Films It also wasn't based on a comic or source material, therefor it was an Original Super Hero film that gross over 600 Million Worldwide. Meanwhile, All the Superman movies since Christopher Reeves has been average. I'm glad he didn't do it.

LOL @ one of the Biggest Stars in Box Office History being a "Bag Fumbler". Wrong. None of those things you brought up did anything to Will's Career. Now even though the movie didn't turn out good, I think he should have came back for "Independence Day 2" and the story should have revolved around his character. It could have been huge. The movie wasn't good so I guess you could say he was right to turn it down. Now the "Chris Slap" obviously hurt his "Good Guy" image so we'll see how he recovers. Will was smart though, his next blockbuster is "Bad Boys 4" so he should be back in business next Summer when it drops. Plus I do think "I Am Legend 2" has potential because the first one was a massive hit back then.

Last edited:

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I get what you’re saying, I remember him saying, it was the way that
it was presented to him fukked the whole Matrix thing up.