Will Smith is the biggest bag fumbler in cinematic history

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Thank god he turned down Django. He was trying to turn it into some generic ass love story and minimize King Schultz. I’m sure with all those dumb ass rewrites Tarantino was looking at him like,

contempt-baxter-cain.gif

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Honestly, I’m glad he wasn’t in those movies. Django would have felt like some R rated version of Wild Wild West while Matrix would have felt like a darker Men in Black with Kung Fu.

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Nah, the Chris Rock slap shyt definitely tarnished his career but he’s a Best Actor Oscars Award winning A list celebrity. People would literally kill to have his career. I’m positive every major actor has passed on or wasn’t able to commit to movies at the time that went on to be hits.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Honestly when you are that big of a star you get offered so many roles, eventually you are going to turn down something that ends up being a huge hit.
If it wasn't wild wild west being a massive flop he still would've had a pretty clean run for the movies he did accept during his peak.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Its a could have been an even greater career fumble. Its like imagine if Bron didnt choke the Mavs series. His legacy would be even greater.

He never had a movie as iconic as The Matrix. And its been a long time since he's had a movie as good as Django tbh.

Although its fair to ask if Will wouldnt let Will get in the way of those movies. I think Will acknowledged that he wasnt ready to play Neo and how Keanu was better for the role. Just look at I Robot. Its an enjoyable movie but Will is kinda going OD with certain things that kinda take you outta the movie. The Matrix is such a wild premise that you cant have someone break your suspension of disbelief.

As far as Django I believe he would have truly been great in the role. But as others have suggested it might have been a different movie.