Will Smith felt broken after failure of "After Earth"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
A lot of people liked Focus. And Concussion doesnt look like a terrible movie

So ummmm:what:

Let me put it this way: outside of this site, I don't know a soul who's seen focus, let alone likes it.

Yep. Looking like Suicide Squad (or at least I hope) may be his best shot of a good movie in a minute.

I'm still seeing Concussion and will withhold judgement until then but it wouldn't surprise me if it's just okay and there's nothing wrong with that though. As long as it's not a piece of crap :whoknows:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Let me put it this way: outside of this site, I don't know a soul who's seen focus, let alone likes it.

I'm still seeing Concussion and will withhold judgement until then but it wouldn't surprise me if it's just okay and there's nothing wrong with that though. As long as it's not a piece of crap :whoknows:

True. Shame is that Will is or has been in a lot of "ok" movies lately. I'll judge it for myself though.

Though it seems like failed Oscar bait.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Couple oscar winning scenes

Film itself was a bit messy
this was my feeling too

I was ready to shyt on him and that accent (im Nigerian), but he made me forget it real fast. He was great, as was Albert Brooks but that movie wasnt executed well.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
That Inception rumor is bullshyt. Maybe the studio wanted Will, but I can assure you that it was never, ever gonna happen with Nolan on his :mjpls:

Dude has only two somewhat relevant black characters in his entire filmography and one of them is a black belt holder in seven martial arts jobbing to a pill-popping former gay cowboy while the other is an accomplished NASA-astronaut who lost his bass and his balls waiting for the white people who abandoned him 27 years ago to come get him.
You catch that too about Nolan?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
this was my feeling too

I was ready to shyt on him and that accent (im Nigerian), but he made me forget it real fast. He was great, as was Albert Brooks but that movie wasnt executed well.

So should I bump the Fake Nigerian accent thread(Concussion trailer) on the sports board or nah :patrice:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Word? Okay as a Nigerian how is his accent breh?
its not right, but his performance made me forget it. It wasnt distracting at all like I thought it would be.

It was 6/10
So should I bump the Fake Nigerian accent thread(Concussion trailer) on the sports board or nah :patrice:
Its funny and that "tell de troot" line is funny even in the context of the film, but I dont think it was the accent more than the scene being kinda weird.

It was just a creh doing a Nigerian accent.

Saying that, I wish a Nigerian did play this character.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Focus was aight. But it's a one hitter quitter .