Will Smith felt broken after failure of "After Earth"

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Breh it's perfectly ok to just not like a movie though. It doesn't make anyone racist or ignorant etc. I saw it, I didn't like it and I have my reasons as to why much like anyone else does and that's perfectly okay. We've all got movies we love that not a lot of people do, it's part of being a movie fan. And clearly Will wasn't worried about the overseas gross because he was hurt by it and acknowledges it was a mistake. In fact:

If that's how he feels I'd say that's a good thing. He wants to take more risks and more danger. It all led to good
It makes someone racist if they used their collective powers of influence to persuade people to not go see the film because of nepotism or whatever of the reason why they slammed but at the same time applaud a white production that has the same flaws and regergitated plot devices seen over and over again. If GotG had a strong black nonsambo-ish lead, I bet the establishment wouldve sung a different tune.

If people didnt like it then so be it, but to slam people who did in which it was based on their personal opinion without even giving reason is a bytch shyt.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That Inception rumor is bullshyt. Maybe the studio wanted Will, but I can assure you that it was never, ever gonna happen with Nolan on his :mjpls:

Dude has only two somewhat relevant black characters in his entire filmography and one of them is a black belt holder in seven martial arts jobbing to a pill-popping former gay cowboy while the other is an accomplished NASA-astronaut who lost his bass and his balls waiting for the white people who abandoned him 27 years ago to come get him.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Breh it's perfectly ok to just not like a movie though. It doesn't make anyone racist or ignorant etc. I saw it, I didn't like it and I have my reasons as to why much like anyone else does and that's perfectly okay. We've all got movies we love that not a lot of people do, it's part of being a movie fan. And clearly Will wasn't worried about the overseas gross because he was hurt by it and acknowledges it was a mistake. In fact:

If that's how he feels I'd say that's a good thing. He wants to take more risks and more danger. It all led to good
brililance sounds dope

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Exactly, take a look at that poster few posts above me....he didnt even watch the film so how the fukk he knew if it was better then GotG in the first place??

Some people need to develop their own brain and stop relying on other people to make a decision for them. As many people have said on this thread, despite the bad reviews, it was a good film, but there was a clear cut agenda to let this movie bomb in the box office and most people cannot see that.

Definitely true when the movie first came out it started getting the landslide of bad reviews and tons of people on the net was hating on it even before seeing the film. Since it was the popular thing to do at the time. Their main issue was they tired of seeing Will Smith put his kids in movies. He only put Jaden in 2 movies that they starred together and put Willow in another. Which to me makes it a race thing all you have to do is go IMDB and see how many white/actors/producers put their relatives on but you don't see the uproar that Smith was getting.
:comeon:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Definitely true when the movie first came out it started getting the landslide of bad reviews and tons of people on the net was hating on it even before seeing the film. Since it was the popular thing to do at the time. Their main issue was they tired of seeing Will Smith put his kids in movies. He only put Jaden in 2 movies that they starred together and put Willow in another. Which to me makes it a race thing all you have to do is go IMDB and see how many white/actors/producers put their relatives on but you don't see the uproar that Smith was getting.
:comeon:

None of the bolded makes a lick of sense. You're saying that white people got pissed off because a black man, who makes 400 million dollar movies every summer, put his son in a movie???? Because he's black???? And your only proof of this is that whites don't give bad reviews to movies where white dudes put their kids in movies??? This thread has entered pure insanity. :crazycage:

Wow. Do ya'll even look at the shyt ya'll type before pressing post reply? Ya'll are stinking up the film room with this garbage ass posting. The movie sucked. Let it go. Stop making up ridiculous ass illogical arguments to stan for Will Smith

You and @Rainman are spending more time defending After Earth than Will Smith spent writing it :babyhaha:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
None of the bolded makes a lick of sense. You're saying that white people got pissed off because a black man, who makes 400 million dollar movies every summer, put his son in a movie???? Because he's black???? And your only proof of this is that whites don't give bad reviews to movies where white dudes put their kids in movies??? This thread has entered pure insanity. :crazycage:

Wow. Do ya'll even look at the shyt ya'll type before pressing post reply? Ya'll are stinking up the film room with this garbage ass posting. The movie sucked. Let it go. Stop making up ridiculous ass illogical arguments to stan for Will Smith

You and @Rainman are spending more time defending After Earth than Will Smith spent writing it :babyhaha:

All I am saying there's a double standard with the situation regardless if the movie is good or not with Hollywood giving whites/actors/producers the pass putting their kids in movies without all the flack. I am not a Will Smith stan, I like some of his movies that's about it. So we just agree to disagree when it comes to After Earth.