Will Smith felt broken after failure of "After Earth"

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's not act like Keanu Reeves wasn't perfect role for this character. I'm so glad that Will Smith passed on Neo role cause it would look so corny......even Will Smith said he was so glad he passed on this role cause he doesn't fit him and he couldn't see that he can play that "Neo" in him. Keanu was just right in this character "Neo".

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Let's not act like Keanu Reeves wasn't perfect role for this character. I'm so glad that Will Smith passed on Neo role cause it would look so corny......even Will Smith said he was so glad he passed on this role cause he doesn't fit him and he couldn't see that he can play that "Neo" in him.

That's what I said in the "greatest mistakes by actors" thread or whatever it's called. Will only messed up because of what he passed over the role for but Keanu was the right man for the job. I can't see Will playing that role the right way back then. Especially if he didn't get it

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Let's not act like Keanu Reeves wasn't perfect role for this character. I'm so glad that Will Smith passed on Neo role cause it would look so corny......even Will Smith said he was so glad he passed on this role cause he doesn't fit him and he couldn't see that he can play that "Neo" in him. Keanu was just right in this character "Neo".

Reeves did his thing in The Matrix but I always felt if Brandon Lee didn't die he would of been perfect for Neo. True I definitely couldn't see Smith in that movie.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

No the character just would've been different

Keanu reeves barely had to act to play neo, Morpheus was the only one trying, and that was in the first movie, the sequels were all terrible too

take away the action scenes the Matrix is not a good movie, not even the first one, the acting was not anything to write home about, and neither was the dialogue outside of Morpheus'

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Yeah lets pretend Will doesnt have Wild Wild West, Bagger Vance, Men In Black 2, Jersey Girl, Seven Pounds and probably Winters Tale on his resume. shyt I could add Men In Black 3 on there, these are all either shyt or average movies. He has more shyt or average movies than great ones. This is Will Smith not Leonardo Dicaprio, his filmography aint shyt and After Earth isnt even in his bottom 5 of bad movies

People are pissed and overreacting because they thought it would be Will kicking ass and instead it was about his son while Will just guided him. It was a great movie for any father to take his son to, good message for any young boy lacking confidence, it was a movie for young boys and it was better than pretty much every movie aimed at that demographic around my time growing up.

Motherfukkers cant even make good kids movies without you grown ass nerds overreacting like it was meant for you feminine clowns
The fact that is at 11% on RT while shyt like Transcendence, Green Lantern, Divergent, etc have higher ratings is retarded

this

the hate what pissed me off the most

how yo hate this but love LUCY
LUCY LAST HALF HOUR WAS THE MOST BULLshyt man dont get me started