Will Smith and Antoine Fuqua Team on Runaway Slave Thriller ‘Emancipation’

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yet another movie showing a Black American being whipped by white people and running away from them vs a movie about Black African Warriors

This needs a boycott...The Woman King didn't. :mjgrin:

I trust though that the anti-slavery movie brigade has the same energy for this embarrassment of a film.

And whenever Black people start talking about "love" and "resilience" they just mean getting tormented by cacs and doing nothing about it. :scust:

THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD
IS FACTUAL HISTORY
YOU bytch MUTHAfukkA.

GO WATCH YOUR
FAN FICTION SLAVE TRADER MOVIE
AND FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF.
:devil:
:evil:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

MAYBE WE NEED THIS
AFTER THAT WOMAN KING BULLshyt

Nah. And I'm tired of the nonstop drilling that "this is our story." There are many chapters of the black story and experience yet Hollywood has decided that the TWO most lucrative ones are the most traumatic. If it's not slavery, it's civil rights era. There are enough slave movies. None will surpass The Color Purple or 12 Years A Slave, so why continue beyond beating these images into our heads.

If there was one good thing about the Will Smith slap it's that it ensured this movie won't get a single nomination or award. Let this shyt pass. This is an era where we've got black people making successful horror, science fiction, coming of age/romance, sports, etc films. We need more of that - normal black people going through life or experiencing wonderful/dreadful/comedic/scary/etc things. I won't willingly watch another slave film.

Django was great but it's not really a slave film. It's essentially a revenge western.

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nah. And I'm tired of the nonstop drilling that "this is our story." There are many chapters of the black story and experience yet Hollywood has decided that the most lucrative ones are the most traumatic. If it's not slavery, it's civil rights era. There are enough slave movies. None will surpass The Color Purple or 12 Years A Slave, so why continue beyond beating these images into our heads.

If there was one good thing about the Will Smith slap it's that it ensured this movie won't get a single nomination or award. Let this shyt pass. This is an era where we've got black people making successful horror, science fiction, coming of age/romance, sports, etc films. We need more of that - normal black people going through life or experiencing wonderful/dreadful/comedic/scary/etc things. I won't willingly watch another slave film.

Django was great but it's not really a slave film. It's essentially a revenge western.

NAH THIS IS BASED
ON A TRUE STORY.

THIS BREAUGH ESCAPED....

JOINED THE ARMY AND
CAME BACK TO KILL CONFEDERATE
CRAKKKAS.

THIS CAN GO DOWN
AS ONE OF THE GOATS
WITH ANTOINE FUQUA AT THE HELM.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
I'll give it a chance, but I'd rather have Black films about shyt like a breh tryna start a blues band in the 1920's, something abstract or anything funny, I'm not talking Nutty Professor or Friday funny either

It's like all we get are history lessons or fake deep horror stuff

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
FeKAFHZXgAI1JG0

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I’m done with slave movies.

Will turned down Django because he wanted the character to be more in charge. He had his moment and blew it. He also turned down being Neo in The Matrix to make Wild Wild West.

Will has made a lot of bad decisions in the past when it comes to picking movies. He had a nice little run. But all of his equity is gone.

:ufdup:He should’ve reached out to try and get that MCU stimulus when he had the chance. He could’ve been James Rhodes if he tried.