Will Smith and Antoine Fuqua Team on Runaway Slave Thriller ‘Emancipation’

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deadshot is also a relatively unknown character outside of the comic book world compared to a character like Harley Quinn (who got more focus). If anyone was going to get a spinoff, then it would be her.
Deadshot was going to get a spinoff because it was Will Smith being Will Smith.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He, correctly, felt that Django was not truly the main character in the movie and wanted the script developed more in Django's direction. The movie is a Christoph Waltz vehicle until the third act.

Will as a rule only does movies where he is the star and it's developed around him.

Same with Denzel. It's why he's declined being a villain in the F&F movies.
Eh...I think thats a byproduct of the side character being more interesting than the quiet type hero.
In those Dollars Trilogy movies is was the character that was with Eastwood that was more captivating. However, that didnt mean Eastwood wasnt dope either.

I think Will would have did well for himself by being Django. To be fair its actually Gene Hackman doing way more stuff in Enemy of the State than Will Smith, but he's still the lead.
There was the promise of getting his own franchise from that too.

Deadshot is also a relatively unknown character outside of the comic book world compared to a character like Harley Quinn (who got more focus). If anyone was going to get a spinoff, then it would be her.

I remember Will being interviewed and they asked what we he want to see in a "Deadshot" movie. He said there was a comic where Deadshot dresses up as Batman and he wanted to do that. :russ:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
200.gif

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
He, correctly, felt that Django was not truly the main character in the movie and wanted the script developed more in Django's direction. The movie is a Christoph Waltz vehicle until the third act.

Will as a rule only does movies where he is the star and it's developed around him.

Same with Denzel. It's why he's declined being a villain in the F&F movies.

He's made a lot of money that way, as well as maintained being a huge star.

He also hasn't made very many actually good movies and even fewer great ones.

But that's a debate I'm not really interested in having

:lolbron:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Rock in the same boat :hubie:

You're talking to someone who doesn't care for or about the Fast franchise so I'm inclined to agree.

They are 2 people along with Kevin Hart that I'd put in the "go get your coins, sis/bruh" category of acting.

As long as they aren't hurting anybody, I'm not gonna argue about the output/quality of work that earns them their money.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He has an interview with him and Samuel L Jackson. Where Will says that he wanted Django to be more of a love movie than what it turned out to be.

Let me find the interview.

edit:

I never listened to that. That’s an interesting angle will wanted. He wanted it to be more about Django and Broomhilda?