Will AD get his first MVP Lakers?

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
AD is having a monster season, but the media heads are trying to make it a Giannis vs LeBron scenario, when AD is more deserving than LeBron.

Either way Giannis should be MVP, and probably unanimous if they can get to 70 wins. His season has been damn near flawless.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The bolded part is particularly ironic since the rest of your comment is basically a campaign to use box/minus stats as the best evaluator as to who deserves the MVP. Never mind the fact that Lebron has a higher usage rate than anyone on the Lakers (yet AD leads in almost all of the 5 major statistical categories). More relevantly, AD actually has a HIGHER Box/plus minus (BPM) than Lebron this year according to basketball-reference, so according to you, does AD deserve it more : 2019-20 Los Angeles Lakers Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

You can clearly see when you scroll down to advanced stats, AD's BPM is 8.6 and Lebron's BPM is 8.2. Never mind the fact that many of these advanced stats are heavily dependent on external factors that have little to do with the quality of the player. According to BPM , Chris Paul is the 3rd most valuable player in NBA history :
NBA & ABA Career Leaders and Records for Box Plus/Minus | Basketball-Reference.com :mjlol::mjlol:

Stop with the conjecture and stick to common sense. No way is Lebron the best player when another player on his team leads the team in points, rebounds, steals , blocks, FT% and has the best efficiency (according to the advanced stats you love so much. Only when it suits your arguments of course :smile: )

Breh, you're clueless. :snoop:

BPM is NOT their plus/minus stats, it's just a box score calculation that doesn't even take their plus/minus into account. It has NOTHING to do with the plus/minus stats I was talking about. The stats I was listing were telling you how the TEAM performs when one of those players is on the court as opposed to the other.

And where have you ever gotten the idea that I "love" advanced box score stats? I rarely ever talk about that shyt. :why:

It's this simple. Lakers play much, much better with LeBron than they do with AD. All the Laker fans see it, everyone who covers basketball sees it, and the numbers prove it. If you want to claim otherwise alongside the 3 Bron haters who think you have a point and literally no one else, it's just going to keep exposing how little you know about basketball.

Daps
Breh, you're clueless. :snoop:

BPM is NOT their plus/minus stats, it's just a box score calculation that doesn't even take their plus/minus into account. It has NOTHING to do with the plus/minus stats I was talking about. The stats I was listing were telling you how the TEAM performs when one of those players is on the court as opposed to the other.

And where have you ever gotten the idea that I "love" advanced box score stats? I rarely ever talk about that shyt. :why:

It's this simple. Lakers play much, much better with LeBron than they do with AD. All the Laker fans see it, everyone who covers basketball sees it, and the numbers prove it. If you want to claim otherwise alongside the 3 Bron haters who think you have a point and literally no one else, it's just going to keep exposing how little you know about basketball.

According to ON/OFF stats, Tobias Harris is actually the best player on the 76ers : 2019-20 Philadelphia 76ers On/Off | Basketball-Reference.com :mjlol:

be an anti-intellectual and eat advanced stats that tell you Chris Paul is the 3rd best bball player of all time :mjlol:

The fact still remains that AD leads the Lakers in Points, Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, FT% is a more efficient scorer and a much better defensive player. Its not that complicated. Lebron fans that usually love stats love them no more. :mjlol: You guys are really special and not in a good way. :lolbron:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Not being able to read once was bad enough. Replying to my shyt THREE TIMES and reading it wrong all three times is wild.

This is what I actually said - it had nothing to do with Magic's MVP year in 1987.

See where you went wrong?

1982:

Magic: 18-9-9-2-0 on 53% shooting
Kareem: 24-9-3-1-3 on 58% shooting

Kareem scored way more points than Magic on better shooting, had way more blocks and was a much better defender, yet Magic finished ahead of him in the MVP race 8th place to 10th. (Magic actually had a fraction of a rebound more than KAJ, I missed on that part but pretty damn sure that was irrelevant to the voters.)

1983:

Magic: 17-8-10-2-0 on 55% shooting
Kareem: 22-7-2-1-2 on 59% shooting

Same thing, way more points with more blocks and better defense, but Magic finished 3rd in MVP voting and Kareem 10th.

1984:

Magic: 17-7-13-2-1 on 56% shooting
Kareem: 21-7-3-1-2 on 58% shooting

Third straight year that Kareem had far more points on better %'s with better defense than Magic, yet Magic finished #3 in MVP voting while Kareem finished #4.

1985:

Magic: 18-6-12-1-0 on 56% shooting
Kareem: 22-8-3-1-2 on 60% shooting

Fourth straight year, Kareem has better scoring and better defense and Magic STILL finishes ahead at #2 in the MVP voting with Kareem #4.

1986:

Magic: 19-6-12-1-0 on 52% shooting
Kareem: 23-6-3-1-1 on 56% shooting

By this point Kareem's defense was seriously declining but he was STILL more important on that end than Magic was, he STILL is averaging significantly more points than Magic....and yet Magic was 3rd in MVP voting and Kareem was 5th.

That was 5 straight years where Kareem averaged 4-6 points more than Magic on better shooting %'s with much better defense and still finished behind him in the MVP race. And y'all think there's some sort of unwritten rule that says that AD has to be higher in the MVP rankings than LeBron because he has 1ppg, 1rpg, and 0.3spg more than him.

:mjlol:

Man shut the fukk up. You’re making your case that Bron should get MVP despite having lesser stats than AD and used Magic/Kareem when ALL of Magic’s MVPs came in seasons where he has better stats. You bringing up seasons where magic didn’t even win. Plus you apparently have me on ignore you’re responding to me? fukking pathetic

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
According to ON/OFF stats, Tobias Harris is actually the best player on the 76ers : 2019-20 Philadelphia 76ers On/Off | Basketball-Reference.com :mjlol:

be an anti-intellectual and eat advanced stats that tell you Chris Paul is the 3rd best bball player of all time :mjlol:

The fact still remains that AD leads the Lakers in Points, Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, FT% is a more efficient scorer and a much better defensive player. Its not that complicated. Lebron fans that usually love stats love them no more. :mjlol: You guys are really special and not in a good way. :lolbron:

shyt is beyond fukking pathetic. There are the same guys that always bring up Bron leading in all stat categories that one year in the finals, now leading in all stats doesn’t matter because of on/off when there’s an obvious context to that :hhh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Man shut the fukk up. You’re making your case that Bron should get MVP despite having lesser stats than AD and used Magic/Kareem when ALL of Magic’s MVPs came in seasons where he has better stats. You bringing up seasons where magic didn’t even win. Plus you apparently have me on ignore you’re responding to me? fukking pathetic
I never once said LeBron should be MVP, I said Giannis should be MVP. You've misread literally every post I've made in this thread.

And I took you off ignore earlier today when that poster @'d you in response to one of my posts. May have been a mistake, it's clearly not going well.

Kski

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
:troll: Ya’ll don’t realize this is a troll thread throwing Bron Stan talking points back at them?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:troll: Ya’ll don’t realize this is a troll thread throwing Bron Stan talking points back at them?

If only there were people in here smart enough to actually execute a Bron stan talking point. instead we're stuck with half-retarded semi-arguments that no one would buy. It's like watching a drunk Rush Limbaugh follower listening to "what they teaching in those schools today" and then repeat his quotes in an internet meme and believe they just mimicked a college professor.

Daps
I heard ric bucher and greenberg talking about, "this may be the last time lebron can win an MVP. So he deserves it"

:gucci:

Perkins talking about, "give bron his flowers now, while he's alive"

:what:

Breh has 4 mvps.

When giannis' or AD's stats are brought up, I'm now hearing, "what bron is doing goes beyond the stats:unimpressed:". Now Mr. Check My Stats is Mr. Intangibles.

McPiff

#goat
Daps
The fact that AD is listed in the top 5 alone should eliminate bron off the list based off the KD/Steph criteria :unimpressed:

Then when you factor in AD is a top 2 DPOY candidate....:unimpressed:

Warriors also had Klay and Dray. Pretty sure it mattered but i know how y'all roll :unimpressed:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I don't really care about on-off stats. I prefer to stick to basic tangible stats everyone can see.

AD leads the Lakers in Points, Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, FT% and is the most efficient scorer on the team. The fact you think its "not possible" to make an argument for AD just shows you're not being partial. Which other planet does a player lead his team in virtually all relevant stats and is not the best player? Not just offensively but defensively as well. Stop with the fanboyism bro. AD has been better than Bron this year, Lebron just gets advertised more by the media.

Only on the ESPN Throne would Bron be considered the best player

AD is the best offensive and defensive option on the team. He should win League MVP this year

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

Seriously it's not, AD leading his team in majority statistical categories = MVP

:lolbron:

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
He's number #2 behind Giannis, with a considerable margin between AD/Giannis and the rest of the other MVP candidates.

They gutted their entire roster for him and yet he turned a team that missed the playoffs to the best team in the West, but we know he won't receive his just accolades for obvious reasons