Why XBOX lost the war - Laura Fryer

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Video is just her saying she didn’t get the job she felt she deserved, at microsoft, so now she shytting on xbox.

In reality xbox is more healthy/profitable than it’s ever been and she ain’t got no job :stopitslime:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Before I hit play I said "if leadership isn't mentioned this was a waste". :martin:

Leadership came in about a minute in. :banderas:

You know what chafes my cheeks is that Spencer gets away with suggesting to buy Nintendo while simultaneously allowing current studios and IPs to languish. The last few XB published games have been notoriously underwhelming and he's ticking along with zero effective input on changing the outlook or strategy. He will tell you on camera their next big game won't move the needle, and seemingly doesn't do anything about it.

After Halo Infinite's brutal few years only then did they do something. This experience did not change course for Redfall, which also was unbelievably horrid. This experience did not change course for Starfield, which was woefully short of expectations. Nor did that experience change course for Forza, which is looking like a large chunk of the development time was heavily mismanaged from the ground up.

That's the stuff that keeps them in third. It isn't enough to have head starts (online, hw launch), or to be given golden gooses (Halo), or to have a seemingly endless checkbook from Papa Gates.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It seems the checkbook is their focus. Buy everything, put it on gamepass. Quality doesn’t matter at that point due to getting the games for a single monthly rate.

They’re not trying to sell games anymore they’re selling the service. Quantity is the goal

I don’t like it, but we’ll see where it gets them

drifter

Superstar
Daps
quote-the-only-problem-with-microsoft-is-they-just-have-no-taste-they-have-absolutely-no-taste-steve-jobs-105-62-65.jpg

Jobs' been dead almost 13 years, it's still true now as when he said it. They're never gonna shake the comment it's too harsh of a reality. They've got all the money in the world, they just don't/won't have "it"

Xbox vs PS, Mac vs PC, Zune vs iPod, Windows Phone vs Android, Gmail vs Outlook, IE vs Firefox, Chrome vs Edge, keep going. Their food is always getting eaten

Head of Bing was in the Google lawsuit earlier this week or late last talking "it's unfair the monopoly Google has on search". Google's lawyer told em it isn't on Google to help you build a good search engine :mjlol:

They're losers, they just lose. idk of any other way to say it