Why XBOX lost the war - Laura Fryer

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
What war? Did Xbox go out of business? Did PlayStation? If people are still buying these consoles no one lost.​

People need to feel like as if their purchase was the superior choice for all of gaming, as opposed to themselves individuallistically.
I own all the consoles so I couldn't give a solitary shyt on a molecular level, which one is doing better than the other.
I play games and my reason for being a gamer is to do that..play games.
I don't want to leave shyt out, but by CHRIST this console slurping that I thought waned in frivilous importance during the 360 era is still going strong.
But yo, You gotta let these Sony Ponies cook.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

People need to feel like as if their purchase was the superior choice for all of gaming, as opposed to themselves individuallistically.
I own all the consoles so I couldn't give a solitary shyt on a molecular level, which one is doing better than the other.
I don't want to leave shyt out, but by CHRIST this console slurping that I thought waned in frivilous importance during the 360 era is still going strong.
I guess. I have a PC so I don't really have a dog in the fight. I play games to enjoy. I just don't understand it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Laura] was an executive producer for Microsoft Games Studios, Fryer was responsible for shipping games for the Xbox and Windows platforms

This wasn't some rando Ytber making a video for clicks.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I guess. I have a PC so I don't really have a dog in the fight. I play games to enjoy. I just don't understand it.​

Phones, Clothing, Football teams.
It's brand loyalty.
I just find the shyts sad when the real focus should be on CEO's and shareholders looking to up the money hose on the cost of gaming with broken games, microtransactions everywhere and other exploitative purchases they slowly pushing to make mandatory. The fact that Nintendo, had the last Zelda game for the industry standard 60 and then upped it to 70 the moment they realized there was a push to make games more expensive is a fact that these fukkers are NOT concerned about quality over profit.
But at the end of the day, I'm not one to judge (too harshly) what folks play and how much they are willing to pay for that shyt, but I don't wanna hear nobody crying in the streets when Bobby Kotick starts charging nikkas 5 USD per clip in shooting games as he'd love to have happen.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
As someone who owns all the systems Microsoft needed to focus on putting out games. It's focus on trying to be an all in one media hub is working against it. While the PS5 library isn't massive it has at least one AAA game in every genre. I have Gamepass but even that ends up being a pipeline to me buying the Switch version of these indie game because Nintendo has deals and the portability is a major advantage.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Someone will inevitably step in and hopefully do what they were incapable of, but outside of the 360 run, I won't miss anything about the Xbox brand or era when they inevitably shutter the division.
They have too much invested to leave. They’re in it permanently. You don’t spend what the spend on Activision to just close up shop.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm watching it currently. The news is somewhat pertinent, but me and the breh was just musing over the general console wars still being a thing past the 360 era.​

Console wars been going since Nintendo/Sega. And it ain't stopping.

nikkaz stan and fight over sports, clothes, cities, phones, Cars, you name it.

Just enjoy the fukkery or go to another topic/forum.

shyt ain't gon stop.

Whatcha say @MeachTheMonster

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They have too much invested to leave. They’re in it permanently. You don’t spend what the spend on Activision to just close up shop.

Maybe not close up shop, but I think they'll just become a full publisher and get out of the hardware business. That's the more lucrative play in the long run anyway.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Console wars been going since Nintendo/Sega. And it ain't stopping.

nikkaz stan and fight over sports, clothes, cities, phones, Cars, you name it.

Just enjoy the fukkery or go to another topic/forum.

shyt ain't gon stop.

Whatcha say @MeachTheMonster
This, nikkas act we above all the fukkery :dead:
Nah man it ain’t never gon stop