"Why would anybody play this?"Sony's Jim Ryan comment on backwards compatibility

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
apparently they thought it was worth investing in PSNow. why would anybody play that?

(a) PS Now is monetarized and (b) is so half-assed that its clearly a way to stop people complaining so much about BC.

You are clearly being duplicitous, you know damn well M$ have invested a lot more into BC than Sony have. One company thinks its important because they are going down the service route, one doesn't really give a shyt about it beyond making a few bucks and isn't as keen as games as a service.

A better question is, why do M$ care about something the vast majority of gamers don't? Other then using it to deflect away from their lack of current gen exclusives of course.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
There are so many old games people want to play without having to download emulators or hooking up old systems. I would love to have WWE Here Comes The Pain on the PS4, but instead they give us RPG games people got tired of on the PS1 & PS2.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
(a) PS Now is monetarized and (b) is so half-assed that its clearly a way to stop people complaining so much about BC.

You are clearly being duplicitous, you know damn well M$ have invested a lot more into BC than Sony have. One company thinks its important because they are going down the service route, one doesn't really give a shyt about it beyond making a few bucks and isn't as keen as games as a service.

A better question is, why do M$ care about something the vast majority of gamers don't? Other then using it to deflect away from their lack of current gen exclusives of course.
what does M$ have to do with what I said?

I conceded that there are technical reasons that make BC for some older games difficult, and not worth the effort. I imagine there's also licensing and other legal issues that could come into play

but I do think that going forward it will be an expected feature. especially with the push for digital distribution, with that being the only option for some titles. people are gonna expect these games to carry over to the next console. and honestly it's not that difficult, as long as they don't pursue any crazy hardware configurations

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This would all make sense if I didn't already say I have and play these old games and they fukking suck

Don't come in here telling me what your non gamer girlfriend is doing. I'm sorry, you forced her to do cause she wanted to play current gen and you talking about nah play this first.

I have the old systems. I have the new systems. I have the old games. I have the new games.

Them shyts is dated as fukk and gets no play in this ride
1.) What's your gamertag, what's your psn
I'm sure you ain't pulled out the ps3, and you not Xbox'ing. So you just talking out your ass. I get it tho, I would have agreed before they offered it. Now that it's here, it makes sense. The games are not as dated as you claim. N64, sure, last gen? You sound retarded.

2.)My non gamer girlfriend :wtf: She used to date a PC gamer. She played games usually only dudes play. She played shyt like Dragon age, darksiders, lame shyt that would excite @itsyoung!! Gears of war on hard and she isn't complaining about the controls. Nah bruh, once again you are proving you talk out your ass. She's more of a gamer than any woman I've met in my life. Usually a female gamer gets fame because she's good at a single game. My girl plays it all like a man would, and she's about to turn 30... In a couple years.

Now, let's see the receipts :popcorn:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
1.) What's your gamertag, what's your psn
I'm sure you ain't pulled out the ps3, and you not Xbox'ing. So you just talking out your ass. I get it tho, I would have agreed before they offered it. Now that it's here, it makes sense. The games are not as dated as you claim. N64, sure, last gen? You sound retarded.

2.)My non gamer girlfriend :wtf: She used to date a PC gamer. She played games usually only dudes play. She played shyt like Dragon age, darksiders, lame shyt that would excite @itsyoung!! Gears of war on hard and she isn't complaining about the controls. Nah bruh, once again you are proving you talk out your ass. She's more of a gamer than any woman I've met in my life. Usually a female gamer gets fame because she's good at a single game. My girl plays it all like a man would, and she's about to turn 30... In a couple years.

Now, let's see the receipts :popcorn:
nikka is you high? I just said I'm not playing the shyts and you gonna tell me give you my gamer tag so you can do what? Prove I'm not playing the shyt like I just said I wasn't

Both my tags are in my profile. I have a 360 and a PS3. But I play my PS4 every day. Check the stats

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
one thing about BC on the Xbox One is that a lot of people probably just don't know about it. it wasn't a feature at launch, and some people don't keep up with the latest gaming news. a lot of people also might have got rid of their old shyt, because they thought BC wasn't gonna happen

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are so many old games people want to play without having to download emulators or hooking up old systems. I would love to have WWE Here Comes The Pain on the PS4, but instead they give us RPG games people got tired of on the PS1 & PS2.
Well THQ isn't around any more and there maybe issues with the roster like Chris Beniot

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
one thing about BC on the Xbox One is that a lot of people probably just don't know about it. it wasn't a feature at launch, and some people don't keep up with the latest gaming news. a lot of people also might have got rid of their old shyt, because they thought BC wasn't gonna happen
MS finessed these Thots without them knowing. Made brehs get rid of all their old shyt because MS knew they would buy these cheap azz old games and not play them:wow:

BC imo is only truly good for PC. Them weirdos can have a classic game like Half Life. Years later can make a mod to create another classic game like CSGO. They can turn any old game to new. On console it's the same exact old shyt. And...

bWM2eWYfN3r20.gif

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Well THQ isn't around any more and there maybe issues with the roster like Chris Beniot
They can at least give me
Blast_Chamber_Coverart.png

MS finessed these Thots without them knowing. Made brehs get rid of all their old shyt because MS knew they would buy these cheap azz old games and not play them:wow:

BC imo is only truly good for PC. Them weirdos can have a classic game like Half Life. Years later can make a mod to create another classic game like CSGO. They can turn any old game to new. On console it's the same exact old shyt. And...

bWM2eWYfN3r20.gif
The majority ain't trying to trick out a PC, it's easier to have it on a console that used the majority of the time.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I say the same :francis:

I try to play old games then 5 minutes into it lose interest then ask myself why the fukk am I playin this :dwillhuh:

I don't even play old PS4 games in my backlog that I bought brand new and never touched

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
nikka is you high? I just said I'm not playing the shyts and you gonna tell me give you my gamer tag so you can do what? Prove I'm not playing the shyt like I just said I wasn't

Both my tags are in my profile. I have a 360 and a PS3. But I play my PS4 every day. Check the stats
You've said alot of things. And in time you will contradict yourself. THIS..is what you said
This would all make sense if I didn't already say I have and play these old games and they fukking suck
So you saying they sucked when they was new or after you went back and played? :ufdup:

bWM2eWYfN3r20.gif
On Xbox, they didn't take our games from us once are PSN ran out. We also didn't have the same problems with hackers which caused everyone worldwide to change their email passwords that is linked to their gamertags. A lot of Sony gamers lost everything because they couldn't remember it :wow:

Now your Dumbass is saying we are getting done dirty because they have is BC for free?

If nobody cared, then why did Sony spend 300million dollars on the Sony cloud :blessed: Why if you do a search for Sony and Gaikai you'll find threads ON THIS SITE with you and your team of clowns praising the idea :stop:

SHUT THAT BULLshyt UP :ufdup:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You've said alot of things. And in time you will contradict yourself. THIS..is what you said

So you saying they sucked when they was new or after you went back and played? :ufdup:
Breh I told you exactly what I did. Let me try again.

I've played every system before. As they came out. Of course shyt was dope when you didn't know any better. I even went into an example.

San Andreas was dope as fukk and legendary when it came out. Still talked about today as the best one. As 5 was coming out, I went on my 360 and purchased SA again. The shyt was tridddddash.

Why? Because now I know the difference. I see the 4k games, I see the higher frame rates, the better sound, the better controls, the more detail, etc etc

I went back and got the metal gear collection before metal gear 5. It's not even a fukking comparison. Yes it was classic at the time. But now I got 5 and dammit it's gorgeous with updated AI and weapons and buddies and looks flawless.

Look at the chart homie posted. People ain't playing these games like that on Xbox either. PlayStation now ain't doing big numbers. Except cod, those games ain't selling nothing or seeing some resurgence.

Would it be a cool little feature to have? Especially at the beginning of the gen when you have 20 old games and 2 new ones. Hell fukking yea

4-5 years in, I got more shyt to play out my backlog than be trying to warm up Red dead redemption again.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Breh I told you exactly what I did. Let me try again.

I've played every system before. As they came out. Of course shyt was dope when you didn't know any better. I even went into an example.

San Andreas was dope as fukk and legendary when it came out. Still talked about today as the best one. As 5 was coming out, I went on my 360 and purchased SA again. The shyt was tridddddash.

Why? Because now I know the difference. I see the 4k games, I see the higher frame rates, the better sound, the better controls, the more detail, etc etc

I went back and got the metal gear collection before metal gear 5. It's not even a fukking comparison. Yes it was classic at the time. But now I got 5 and dammit it's gorgeous with updated AI and weapons and buddies and looks flawless.

Look at the chart homie posted. People ain't playing these games like that on Xbox either. PlayStation now ain't doing big numbers. Except cod, those games ain't selling nothing or seeing some resurgence.

Would it be a cool little feature to have? Especially at the beginning of the gen when you have 20 old games and 2 new ones. Hell fukking yea

4-5 years in, I got more shyt to play out my backlog than be trying to warm up Red dead redemption again.
The contradictions continue :snoop:
Why have a backlog when new games are always releasing, why do that to yourself?
/debate

Maybe this whole backlog thing is new to you, what about the people who had a backlog from last gen :leon:

I never got to red dead redemption (backlog) I get to enjoy it before RD2 drops, only paid $5 for the digital copy. You think that game is as dated as GTA:SA :stop:

To further illustrate your flawed thought process, you based your opinion MOSTLY off of that game correct (I looked back nikka save so....) To further your opinion, it wasn't based off of GOOD older games. Here's the exact quote...
went on ps now when they had the free trial... all the names had me going crazy.. oh shyt i remember this, damn this was my game, oh i always wanted to play this.

game after game was a let down. why?
Why, would you like me to link you to the ps now thread from this site? I didn't research that, I vividly rememberthat thread and how everyone was like the selection was garbage. I think only Fatboi1 and Rekka c/s

The rest is history and so are you :win:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
The contradictions continue :snoop:
Why have a backlog when new games are always releasing, why do that to yourself?
/debate

Maybe this whole backlog thing is new to you, what about the people who had a backlog from last gen :leon:

I never got to red dead redemption (backlog) I get to enjoy it before RD2 drops, only paid $5 for the digital copy. You think that game is as dated as GTA:SA :stop:

To further illustrate your flawed thought process, you based your opinion MOSTLY off of that game correct (I looked back nikka save so....) To further your opinion, it wasn't based off of GOOD older games. Here's the exact quote...

Why, would you like me to link you to the ps now thread from this site? I didn't research that, I vividly rememberthat thread and how everyone was like the selection was garbage. I think only Fatboi1 and Rekka c/s

The rest is history and so are you :win:
nikka you just like to argue.. i see i have to make shyt short and sweet with you

i have a backlog of current gen games cause i'm not buying nor playing 48 games at a time (my current gamefly queue).. so while i'm spending hours on mass effect, more games are being dropped that i'm not gonna buy right now, cause i'm playing this... hence backlog

this doesn't apply to ME for last gen, cause last gen's games are not up to par.. therefore i do not care about playing them over a new game

you won't see me in that thread saying selection sucks... so that has nothing to do with me. i found a lot of games i liked BACK THEN.. that i play now and say, damn can't believe we was playing this shyt, let me pop in that new new

once again.. it's a cool idea.. if you playing 360 games as much as your one, more power to you... i won't losing sleep over it. and if i sony had it (not counting ps now) i wouldn't be out here playing ncaa 2005 either