Why Won't TI Let It Go

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
"This is what everyone fails to realize: I want out," he said. "Where the game is going to and what it has evolved into from a personality standpoint, it goes against who I am as a person. So I want out. I'm [still] in it because I love music and because I have obligations contractually."

This is what T.I. said in an interview once he got out of jail.

We all know most rap music put out my major labels is NOT to uplift the Black Community, so this could explain why he's regressed since Paper Trail.

But still, his music :huhldup:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate to say it but I think TI and Jeezy are past their primes. They used to just spit and make that shyt sound good but it just sounds forced now. Compare present day tip to any verse on something like urban legend and it's just garbage.

Neg Bundy

Rookie
Daps
breh T.I. is pretty much a nobody at this point. nikka doesn't know what he wants to be and fans aren't waiting around for him to get it together.

Neg Bundy

Rookie
Daps
T.I need toleave that fast flow alone first of all,he should be usin that slow flow only....leave Iggy Azalia alone,why in the fuk u wastin your time nikka:wtf:,I'm startin to think she wuz part of his plea deal or sumthin,it makes no sense otherwise...that reality show hurt em worst then what I thought:snoop: probaly helped his actin career get back on track to put the family man on air:laff: he need to just go underground man,maybe well get that raw shyt when he's not obligated to a label no more.....but u chumps actin like Hear Ye wuznt the shyt:damn: and that TI ain't worth a listen when he drop that album now:damn: y'all can go to hell:childplease:
well at least the white hoe is keeping it trill with him.

Iggy Azalea at The Breakfast Club - Power 105.1 - YouTube

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol I agree, T.I just has no direction, as far as content goes. I think he should man up and do 'Paper Trial', grown up raps, skip the guns, and the powder, and just spit from the heart, cuz 'Paper Trail' was a good look T.I, way better then most of his other albums. But, he's forcing it now, clearly, you can tell in his verses, he just goes half in with the gangster shyt, he was doing that in 2010 too, it's just gotten worse and worse, and more apparent.

I mean, Jay doesn't really spit the guns/drugs anymore, like that, T.I needs to take ths same route, a mention here or there, but T.I wants to be the same dude he he was in 2004, 2007, he keeps talking about 'bringing it back to the trap', what he needs to do is move the fukk on from it.

I agree with this post.

If he's going to do "street" records though, he's sounds at home on these records:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtI_JHbG2fs]T.I. - I'm Flexin (Feat. Big K.R.I.T.) [Full Song] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBeYyPNoV0A]T.I. - Stunt'n Like A Fool [fukk Da City Up] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFVm0vU7j1I]T.I. - On Purpose (Feat. Trouble & Rich Kidd Shad) [F*ck Da City Up] - YouTube[/ame]

The content of those songs are more from the perspective of ballin' and stuntin' than bangin' and slangin', but the production is hard. He sounds at home over those. These new records like "Like That" and the T-Minus joint, he sounds uninspired.

Daps
Reppin
http://youtu.be/pXzHOOuCYZc
lol I agree, T.I just has no direction, as far as content goes. I think he should man up and do 'Paper Trial', grown up raps, skip the guns, and the powder, and just spit from the heart, cuz 'Paper Trail' was a good look T.I, way better then most of his other albums. But, he's forcing it now, clearly, you can tell in his verses, he just goes half in with the gangster shyt, he was doing that in 2010 too, it's just gotten worse and worse, and more apparent.

I mean, Jay doesn't really spit the guns/drugs anymore, like that, T.I needs to take ths same route, a mention here or there, but T.I wants to be the same dude he he was in 2004, 2007, he keeps talking about 'bringing it back to the trap', what he needs to do is move the fukk on from it.
This is exactly what it is. His music sounds very forced too.
What's sad is that he's shown that he can make good music without making trap songs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karamellion

Shucks It's Crazy
Daps
Reppin
Gizzy, Aotearoa
TI is trying too hard to please every market to the point where every track he does sounds fake. He desperately wants that commercial appeal he got with Rihanna and Timberlake (Em jacked his whole redemption steez) but he doesn't want to be looked at as a soft nikka so he drops shyt like I'm Flexin.

Until he makes some non-cookie cutter shyt where you actually feel him, it's a wrap.

MattP215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This nikka TI need to fall the fukk back for a minute. Its not even the crimestoppers shyt that fukked him up. Its the fact that TI is a old man, with a wife and kids. And is still hopping around in videos with bandanas and guns talking about shyt the average 21 year is concered about.

He needs to grow up

Dude's actually still relatively young, truth be told...not saying I don't agree with the general premise of your post, but he's only like 31 or some shyt... younger than Jay, Kanye, Em, Ross, etc.

Daps
Reppin
http://youtu.be/pXzHOOuCYZc
TI is trying too hard to please every market to the point where every track he does sounds fake. He desperately wants that commercial appeal he got with Rihanna and Timberlake (Em jacked his whole redemption steez) but he doesn't want to be looked at as a soft nikka so he drops shyt like I'm Flexin.

Until he makes some non-cookie cutter shyt where you actually feel him, it's a wrap.
There are actually rappers that have been able to appeal to both sides and not box themselves in. He even did it with Paper Trail.

TI's problems is that he's been in the game so long and people are very aware of his situation. Everyone knows about the snitching, that he has a family show on VH1, and that he's one strike away from going up the road.

he doesn't want to be looked at as a sellout so he drops shyt like I'm Flexin.
Fixed.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Tip's actually been ripping shyt since he got out this last time....just seems like it's getting to that point where people stopped wanting to fukk with him...and when it gets to that point, it doesn't even matter what he raps about...people will find a way to not like it...

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Actually at this point, sadly I think people believe Ross more than they do TI, because Ross never breaks character he's always in boss/kingpin mode..TI did the police commerical and the little ghetto Cosby reality show muthafukkas don't look at him the same no more.

Naw It's cause nobody has checked that nikka Rozay at all...

It's brazy too say but real how TIP would be looked at right now had he laid down for a minute and took that fed time...

fukk that rat ass nikka he need to make songs for hoes Gunplay should've been on Bury Me a G

Nah It's because Ross simply makes better music than T.I. at this point.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tip's actually been ripping shyt since he got out this last time....just seems like it's getting to that point where people stopped wanting to fukk with him...and when it gets to that point, it doesn't even matter what he raps about...people will find a way to not like it...

Basically,he been around too long basically is what fans need to say.....he hasn't been the man in the streets for a long time,and to the mainstream fans he gained crossing over he's old news and expired now and they've moved on to new shyt....and he's already lost the streets to other nikkas after crossing over so much....that's the danger when u decide to croossover,u gain commercial fans but they a lot more fickle...but on the other hand the streets probaly gon get u a gold plaque max...he just need to put out the best album possible cuz I don't care what he does singlewise unless its groundbreaking or controversial people ain't fukin with it far as buyin his album

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Basically,he been around too long basically is what fans need to say.....he hasn't been the man in the streets for a long time,and to the mainstream fans he gained crossing over he's old news and expired now and they've moved on to new shyt....and he's already lost the streets to other nikkas after crossing over so much....that's the danger when u decide to croossover,u gain commercial fans but they a lot more fickle...but on the other hand the streets probaly gon get u a gold plaque max...he just need to put out the best album possible cuz I don't care what he does singlewise unless its groundbreaking or controversial people ain't fukin with it far as buyin his album
Yeah...he needs not to overthink it too much or waste too much time trying to chase a huge hit single...just commit to a lay out of the album and put it out...he's gonna do somewhere between like 700k to Plat regardless when it all settles