why were people cool w/ robert downey jr playing a character in blackface? how was this possibly...

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Noooo they weren't lol. Minstrel shows were done specifically to demean and stereotype black people. They were meant to enforce what people thought of us and have everyone point and laugh. There was no one there saying "timeout this is wrong" and pointing that out while it was happening

And this is why satire completely goes over the heads of most people.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
The is all true.........The problem was (as it is often with satire) is that most people didn't get the joke. The best evidence of this is the fact that he actually got an Oscar nomination for the role.
No you didnt get the joke u sensitive fakkit. Be a man...

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No you didnt get the joke u sensitive fakkit. Be a man...

You're a simple minded fukk that lacks reading comprehension.

I didn't say I had a problem with his performance, I'm saying most people who like and dislike the performance didn't get the joke.

The people who dislike it think it's straight up blackface.

The people who nominated him for an Oscar were on some "He did such a good job playing a black guy" shyt and played directly into the joke.

Calling other people "sensitive" when you over there with so man tears in your eyes from crying you can't actually read my post :mjlol:

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
You're a simple minded fukk that lacks reading comprehension.

I didn't say I had a problem with his performance, I'm saying most people who like and dislike the performance didn't get the joke.

The people who dislike it think it's straight up blackface.

The people who nominated him for an Oscar were on some "He did such a good job playing a black guy" shyt and played directly into the joke.

Calling other people "sensitive" when you over there with so man tears in your eyes from crying you can't actually read my post :mjlol:
:bryan:

You still crying like a bytch over a old ass movie . you sound like a woman breh...
:sadbron:
:ufdup:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:ehh: I saw @Y2Dre answer this question on Twitter:

giphy.gif