why were people cool w/ robert downey jr playing a character in blackface? how was this possibly...

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Noooo they weren't lol. Minstrel shows were done specifically to demean and stereotype black people. They were meant to enforce what people thought of us and have everyone point and laugh. There was no one there saying "timeout this is wrong" and pointing that out while it was happening
you're wrong white boy

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
RDJ got the hood pass, breh. :gucci:
B-OEevMCYAAaZUd.jpg

mike-tyson-robert-downey-jr-black-and-white.jpg

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
I'm half expecting him to say I'm white because I'm educated. he strikes me as the type to believe a black person can't have any papers besides their name unless they're rolling papers
dont front like you're doing something cac, you're only achievement in life is being the poster of the year on a subforum on some random ass msg board

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Because it's satire. It makes fun of both method acting and Hollywood whitewashing. Hollywood getting a white actor to play a black man, and said white actor then taking the role way too seriously is the entire joke.
It does not make fun of whitewashing, stop it and for the ppl that say oh it was funny or ok because they had a black guy there checking him you sound like dumb c00ns. As that guy ended up being a down low bro. Let's call a spade a spade RDJ was fresh off iron man and was untouchable and sadly blacks probably felt flattered deep down that RDJ was playing a brotha and white devils as we know just lapped it up saying "are we really doing this" like Finn

Its amazing how ppl try to spin it using intellectual jargon like it was something deep when the commentary was strictly on the pretention of method actors. They did the blackface for the laughs simple as no hidden meaning nothing. As long as white ppl live abd breathe that shyt will always be found humorous and for the blacks that say they didn't care or it was funny u sound like a bunch if Paris dennard's

Last edited:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Maybe they did 'catch it' but decided not to feed into it and just point out what an overall loser the thread starter is instead?
And really it's harmless, RDJ will be fine despite this thread. When did people become so sensitive? Yo Yo Ma isn't hurting shyt.
:ehh:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
It does not make fun of whitewashing, stop it and for the ppl that say oh it was funny or ok because they had a black guy there checking him you sound like dumb c00ns. As that guy ended up being a down low bro. Let's call a spade a spade RDJ was fresh off iron man and was untouchable and sadly blacks probably felt flattered deep down that RDJ was playing a brotha and white devils as we know just lapped it up saying "are we really doing this" like Finn

Its amazing how ppl try to spin it using intellectual jargon like it was something deep when the commentary was strictly on the pretention of actors. They did the blackface for the laughs simple as no hidden meaning nothing. As long as white ppl live abd breathe that shyt will always be found humorous and for the blacks that say they didn't care or it was funny u sound like a bunch if Paris dennard's

No ones gives a fukk my nikka