why were people cool w/ robert downey jr playing a character in blackface? how was this possibly...

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Because if you watched the movie and paid attention to the role rdj played he walked a type rope perfectly and was hysterical

He was the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
That's a triple entendre don't even...
oh so its cool to act in blackface as long as you walk the "tightrope"?

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
The is all true.........The problem was (as it is often with satire) is that most people didn't get the joke. The best evidence of this is the fact that he actually got an Oscar nomination for the role.
He got a nomination because he did a great job

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Brandon T. Jackson said Robert Downey was on some :mjpls: shyt though. showing up late to set because "that's how we do" type shyt.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I wondered the same in the past. I guess 08 was before the sensitive Obama social network era kicked in:yeshrug:
This. I always see nikkas on Twitter talk about how Twitter used to be way better & not so damn PC before Obama's 2nd term.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This. I always see nikkas on Twitter talk about how Twitter used to be way better & not so damn PC before Obama's 2nd term.

Nope you're both wrong lol. One it's the idea that social media is a lot more prevelant than it was in 08. A lot more. Twitter was just starting around that time and now it's a part of a daily way of life meaning there are more people on it with more opinions. So if anything Twitter was way better before more people started using it and you can say that about a lot of things in the world.

B, there's a whole generation who is witnessing stuff after the fact rather than during so they miss context and thus react accordingly.

And thirdly, the people who don't give a shyt aren't saying anything because it's always more fun to bytch and moan about what you don't like then champion what you do like in our society. Social media and the internet as a whole now is the equivalent of going to a museum, seeing a painting you dislike, then turning around to everyone in the museum and yelling at them about how much you dislike the painting.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Nope you're both wrong lol. One it's the idea that social media is a lot more prevelant than it was in 08. A lot more. Twitter was just starting around that time and now it's a part of a daily way of life meaning there are more people on it with more opinions. So if anything Twitter was way better before more people started using it and you can say that about a lot of things in the world.

B, there's a whole generation who is witnessing stuff after the fact rather than during so they miss context and thus react accordingly.

And thirdly, the people who don't give a shyt aren't saying anything because it's always more fun to bytch and moan about what you don't like then champion what you do like in our society. Social media and the internet as a whole now is the equivalent of going to a museum, seeing a painting you dislike, then turning around to everyone in the museum and yelling at them about how much you dislike the painting.
yo, are you white?