Why The US Has No High-Speed Rail

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Yo... this is a really dope channel :ohhh: I got lost letting it feed into vid after vid. It's been an hour! :bryan: rep well earned @BlackMajik :salute:

I don't think about it as much now, but I used to think considerably about transportation... Took this MOOC years back and had to write on The Tragedy of The Commons, I wound up centering my paper on public transit vs these bullshyt ass tollroads popping up in Texas and got a lot of props :ehh: Anyways, I'd think a lot on some sort of intermediary transportation system... Not necessarily a car, but a "pod" you could drive short distances and then hook on to a rail-like system that takes you further to your destination and you're back on your way. I still think something along those lines is the closest we could reach in America.

I had no idea wtf I was talking about or if it's even feasible but I used draw mock ups for muhfukkas to their bewilderment whe. I was high :pachaha:
Obama wanted it but them cac Republicans stop the bill. There is no reason why Philly NYC DC can’t be in a 30 minute reach of each other
Them b*stards didn't even wanna improve the bridges that cars are already driving on
full

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis:this country shyts on every country for their focal points, meanwhile we got to pull out thumbs to get to a nearest fukking part of the city while overseas folks are getting transported with bullet trains, numerous buses, and even friggin ostriches:beli:

Like heaven's forbid Ace wanted to make a quick trip to North Carolina without having to make booking arrangements or pay a high Uber bill:snoop:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Breh, don't even start.

• Nyc is 850miles away from ATL.
  • The average Asian bullet train is doing 200mph(only in the countyside)
  • At those speeds that would be 4+ hrs on a train.:comeon:
  • The flight is only 2.5hrs:usure:
  • Planes are more convenient and cheaper at that time frame
We gotta face the facts that this country is several times bigger than every EU country with Highspeed rail. It is several times bigger than JP with high-speed rail. And it is more spread out than China with her. :unimpressed:

That sht is only practical Nyc -> DC -> Philly

And maybe southern California to SFO

its cheaper because more people can fit in a train decreasing costs for an Individual, plus there is no long ass check in.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
They are working on a high speed rail line between Orlando and South Florida right now. I believe Orlando to Tampa will be soon after. I don't know what's going on with the Charlotte-Atlanta-Birmingham route. According to that photo it's suppose to be worked on at the same time as the one for central and south Florida.
Is South Florida the only one operating or are there others around the country? Looking at that map that was posted, definitely don't need every city having one. One in Florida running to Jacksonville, and west to Tampa, one in Texas connecting their 4 major cities, one in Cali going from SF down to SD and maybe a triangle loop connecting Phoenix and Vegas with LA, and one from DC to Boston. I gotta look up the brightline numbers and see what their ridership has been. Don't know how lucrative a train ride across the country will be. Like in Europe you can travel between countries by train and all that. I have that on my travel bucket list hopefully one day. But the US won't let no trains run to Mexico and doubt even Canada. Don't know if there's any interest in taking cross country train trips like Europe is famous for.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Don't need to watch.

It's because it will compete with airlines.. It's crazy how much companies control shyt.

Same thing with non combustible engine cars tearing down electric cars back in the day. Said absolutely no way, and how they were garbage.

With a bullet train you could go from one side of the country to the other in about 6-10 hours, fukk would I take a plane for?! Much more safe on the ground too.

The auto industry killed the train industry through lobbying though

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Is South Florida the only one operating or are there others around the country? Looking at that map that was posted, definitely don't need every city having one. One in Florida running to Jacksonville, and west to Tampa, one in Texas connecting their 4 major cities, one in Cali going from SF down to SD and maybe a triangle loop connecting Phoenix and Vegas with LA, and one from DC to Boston. I gotta look up the brightline numbers and see what their ridership has been. Don't know how lucrative a train ride across the country will be. Like in Europe you can travel between countries by train and all that. I have that on my travel bucket list hopefully one day. But the US won't let no trains run to Mexico and doubt even Canada. Don't know if there's any interest in taking cross country train trips like Europe is famous for.

I heard Virgin is trying to get another line going around Las Vegas. Houston to Dallas has been talked about.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Yeah that's the name
Yeah Richard Branson’s "High Speed Rail"

I live in that area. It look nice but like most things in the US... appearance is everything and substance is nothing.

Its not really the high speed rail like it was advertise. It barely reach its top speed
100 Kph... Killed over 100 Plus people(during its test running ). Expensive. Running on 60+ years old track and rails. Getting hit with lawsuits from new law firm that specialized on HSR

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The car and airline industries are ingrained in political corruption, the government doesn't want to ruin these allegiances. The American government will always decide in favor of their paying constituents, not what's best for people overall.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
Yo... this is a really dope channel :ohhh: I got lost letting it feed into vid after vid. It's been an hour! :bryan: rep well earned @BlackMajik :salute:

I don't think about it as much now, but I used to think considerably about transportation... Took this MOOC years back and had to write on The Tragedy of The Commons, I wound up centering my paper on public transit vs these bullshyt ass tollroads popping up in Texas and got a lot of props :ehh: Anyways, I'd think a lot on some sort of intermediary transportation system... Not necessarily a car, but a "pod" you could drive short distances and then hook on to a rail-like system that takes you further to your destination and you're back on your way. I still think something along those lines is the closest we could reach in America.

I had no idea wtf I was talking about or if it's even feasible but I used draw mock ups for muhfukkas to their bewilderment whe. I was high :pachaha:

Them b*stards didn't even wanna improve the bridges that cars are already driving on
full

As I read Your post I thought in another universe you were an engineer working on this pod idea

never ignore ideas from your higher self breh never know :ehh::manny: