Why The US Has No High-Speed Rail

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Truly never understood this. It could have been a massive 21st century public works project with thousands of jobs in multiple cities across the country, laying down critical infrastructure for future generations. America used to do shyt like that and was ill at it.

But then you see the tax cuts in the billions Trump just gave to the ultra rich and that politicians never seem to be interested in massive projects that would benefit the overall population, only a few in elite wealthy circles. Guess that’s what late stage capitalism gets ya :francis:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Breh, don't even start.

• Nyc is 850miles away from ATL.
  • The average Asian bullet train is doing 200mph(only in the countyside)
  • At those speeds that would be 4+ hrs on a train.:comeon:
  • The flight is only 2.5hrs:usure:
  • Planes are more convenient and cheaper at that time frame
WTF :dahell:

No shyt it would take around 4hrs while a plane ride would get u there faster:what:

4 hours isn't long for a train ride from ATL to NYC. At least not in my opinion

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Breh, don't even start.

• Nyc is 850miles away from ATL.
  • The average Asian bullet train is doing 200mph(only in the countyside)
  • At those speeds that would be 4+ hrs on a train.:comeon:
  • The flight is only 2.5hrs:usure:
  • Planes are more convenient and cheaper at that time frame
We gotta face the facts that this country is several times bigger than every EU country with Highspeed rail. It is several times bigger than JP with high-speed rail. And it is more spread out than China with her. :unimpressed:

That sht is only practical Nyc -> DC -> Philly

And maybe southern California to SFO

Taking trains can be quicker because the stations are usually in the city centers, so there’s no need for long ride to/from the airport. And there’s no TSA so no need to arrive mad early.

that 2.5 hr ATL to NYC flight turns into 4.5-6 with the ride to/from airport, waiting for bags, security, etc

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
oil-company.jpg

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
WTF :dahell:

No shyt it would take around 4hrs while a plane ride would get u there faster:what:

4 hours isn't long for a train ride from ATL to NYC. At least not in my opinion
Have you actually taken a long distance train ride?:usure:

I did lax to nyc once.I thought it'd be a good chance to see the country and I had spare time. After 1 or 2 hours, I realized it was just a glorified bus on rails. You have a bit more freedom to move than on a plane, but thats all you get. Would you forfeit an extra 2more hrs of your vacation or business trip, just for a slightly larger aisle?:patrice:

At the end of the day, the shorter your trip the better.:yeshrug:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Have you actually taken a long distance train ride?:usure:

I did lax to nyc once.I thought it'd be a good chance to see the country and I had spare time. After 1 or 2 hours, I realized it was just a glorified bus on rails. You have a bit more freedom to move than on a plane, but thats all you get. Would you forfeit an extra 2more hrs of your vacation or business trip, just for a slightly larger aisle?:patrice:

At the end of the day, the shorter your trip the better.:yeshrug:
Taking trains can be quicker because the stations are usually in the city centers, so there’s no need for long ride to/from the airport. And there’s no TSA so no need to arrive mad early.

that 2.5 hr ATL to NYC flight turns into 4.5-6 with the ride to/from airport, waiting for bags, security, etc