Why The US Has No High-Speed Rail

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
They are working on a high speed rail line between Orlando and South Florida right now. I believe Orlando to Tampa will be soon after. I don't know what's going on with the Charlotte-Atlanta-Birmingham route. According to that photo it's suppose to be worked on at the same time as the one for central and south Florida.
You mean the brightline?

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
1. Cost
2. NIMBY
3. The cities outside of certain corridors are too far apart. Bos, NYC, Philly, Balt, DC makes sense. The triangle, triad, Charlotte, Atlanta makes sense.
California cities too

After a certain distance, price and speed becomes unreasonable compared to a airplane

That’s all we are talking about though. No one said we need one to every city in the US

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Fam. If I could get from Dallas to Houston in 90 minutes :ohlawd:
That shyt Rick Scott pulled had me fuming. I live in Jacksonville which is pretty boring, but I have a good job and a family here. If he just took the federal money I could be in Orlando in 45 minutes every weekend if I wanted. Then eventually ATL or MIA in 2 hours. I might hate him more than Trump and Mitch McConnell.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Don't need to watch.

It's because it will compete with airlines.. It's crazy how much companies control shyt.

Same thing with non combustible engine cars tearing down electric cars back in the day. Said absolutely no way, and how they were garbage.

With a bullet train you could go from one side of the country to the other in about 6-10 hours, fukk would I take a plane for?! Much more safe on the ground too.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Eminent domain... suburban sprawl from cacs leaving the cities create great expenses revealed during civil planning.

They would be cutting checks to people that they wouldn't want to for otherwise too.

Another thing is that a lot of cities bank on toll and fuel tax revenue, and if they can't learn how high speed travel can be taxed appropriately, they are going to fight it.

Geode

All Star
Daps
How modern of a country can we be if our transportation infrastructure is based on a 70 year old model and 120+ year old industry? I get that China can basically say "we're building this here" and the people have no say. But, lobbying from competing industries, driven solely by profit and not inclusive of the country's advancement, will cripple the US in the long run.

However, when we do decide to build these bullet trains, you know whose neighborhood is getting bulldozed first.