Why the Fukk did they make Jak 2 so hard for?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Jax 1 was a classic and challenging in some areas. True open world adventure it was groundbreaking.

they were all really good for their time. I remember the final set piece chase sequence with the big mechs in part 3 and I was seriously blown away. It was like the beginnings of what uncharted was.

I'd like to see Jak reboot that stays in its open world platformer-shooter roots. Maybe add some more rpg-lite mechanics, and make it a bit more teen age oriented. Something in the style of Arkane

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
they were all really good for their time. I remember the final set piece chase sequence with the big mechs in part 3 and I was seriously blown away. It was like the beginnings of what uncharted was.

I'd like to see Jak reboot that stays in its open world platformer-shooter roots. Maybe add some more rpg-lite mechanics, and make it a bit more teen age oriented. Something in the style of Arkane
They making a movie…. It better come with a game cause nowadays kids don’t know about this

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They making a movie…. It better come with a game cause nowadays kids don’t know about this

thats the only reason im happy sony are tying their movie and game divisions together. A new Jak movie most certainly confirms a new game.

Sony pictures digging through the sony IP crates means theres gonna be new game tie-ins like Twisted Metal.

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
that fukking mission where you had to pick up fat ass Krew's money bags had me stop playing the game for a couple months. That and leaving the swamp when the Krimson guards ambushed you :pacspit: couldn't get in the water cuz the fukking robot drone would just kill you

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
I think Jak 2 was the first time I asked for a game and didn't finish it. I passed it off to my cousin :mjlol:

Around that time a lot of developers fell back from making straight up platforming games

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sony was killing it, with the platformers on the Ps2. Jak, Sly, and Ratchet were classics. The Ps2 was such a goat system.
Those three are commonly known as the holy trinity of ps2 platforming trilogies. What a great time for games. Loved all 3 series.
The Holy Trinity of PS2 Platformers: Ratchet, Jak, Sly - Hardcore Gamer

The Holy Trinity of PS2 Platformers: Ratchet, Jak, Sly

PlayStation 2 Holy Trinity (Sly Cooper, Ratchet, Jak) Tier List (Community Rankings)

The Playstation Holy Trinity

Versace Joffrey

Long luscious locks, let em flow
Daps
Reppin
West of Nowhere
that fukking mission where you had to pick up fat ass Krew's money bags had me stop playing the game for a couple months. That and leaving the swamp when the Krimson guards ambushed you :pacspit: couldn't get in the water cuz the fukking robot drone would just kill you

I was actually stuck on those two as well:pacspit:
But I beat them:whew:

That ambush one actually has a cheat. You have to use dark jak’s dark bomb on the water and then u can escape with the hoverboard.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I remember it being a little tough, but not THAT hard. Was probably just out of high school at the time I beat it. :yeshrug: