Why the fukk are the Dark Souls games so addicting?

Daps
Reppin
I can't wrap my head around it.

This quarantine got me playing Dark Souls 2/3 all over again and it's as addicting as I remember it. I beat the games when they were released and mainly played with strength builds. But now i'm playing it differently using more of a sorcerer and playing with different builds and I just don't remember it being this fun.

In its core gameplay, it's just mash r1, r1, r1 and dodge or put up shields and there is little to no story besides reading each individual item description, but god dammit is it fun.

I got a huge backlog of games that I need to play but yet Dark souls still calls for me. I might even go back to playing DS1 remastered.

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
When it clicks that shyt is amazing. Running souls 3 and bb with sekiro at the same damn time during quarantine after replaying witcher 3. I like sekiro the best but soulsborne is really fukking fun. The enemy design is GOAT
Bloodborne is my favorite but they all fire :wow:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
The souls games never grew on me, the whole timing your attacks and always dodging mechanics just don't really excite me. I got all the games for collection sake but you'll rarely ever see me start one up.

Dragon's Dogma on the other hand grabbed me instantly and was my game of the generation last year....Probably cause the combat was more combo and action game styled...the creator being Itsuno of DMC afterall

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Bloodborne is my favorite but they all fire :wow:

Bloodborne is fire I cant explain how ill it felt to kill the bloodstarved beast for the first time that punk mutherfukker. Surprisngly im having a easier time playing a new game of sekiro than bb my parrying is nasty but some of these npc hunters in bloodborne still got me doing the :mjcry::gucci::pacspit:

I had to cheese that fakkit with the gatling gun smdh

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Every time I see people refer to the Dark Souls games I just feel :mjcry: about how time has seemingly forgotten Demon's Souls just because it was so new at the time.

I think that IP is officially still exclusive to Sony but they really should consider allowing a multi-platform remake of that game.

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
Dark souls didnt come out this gen and you butchered the fukk outta horizon zero dawn.
Dont care. You know what meant. Fine, I still think dark souls three is the best thing to come out this console generation l. Along with hzd.

Daps
It's the combat that makes me come back to these games every time. Barring DS2 and demon's souls, they got the combat down to an art. Everything from attacking to rolling/dodging feels amazing. It's the reason I ignore most souls-like games, because they often fall short when it comes to gameplay, barring maybe nioh.