WHY TF IS FEIGE MAKING CAPTAIN MARVEL THE MOST POWERFUL AVENGER

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
storm didnt do panther any favors.

Lowkey one of the best things that happened out of Fox having the x-men rights, is MCU Nakia.

That's something we could've been gotten in the comics but writers are so lazy that it's either retread the tired "our marriage failed womp womp" one-sided storm subplot for years or make BP asexual. Conversely, when they deaded Peter/MJ marriage, they done thrown Parker like 5+ love interests/flirtations so that those who wanted to move on could just move on. With Panther, they lack imagination and interest (wonder why:mjpls:) and can't even do basic homework on the mytho to bring back old flames like Malaika, who was this super spy wakandan ambassador in Paris that Panther used to smash in the 80s. Or revamp Nakia like they did in the movie, or repurpose Monica Lynne to make her more of her political activist side than 'failed' singer [or just make her a successful and famous singer, i mean shyt].

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lowkey one of the best things that happened out of Fox having the x-men rights, is MCU Nakia.

That's something we could've been gotten in the comics but writers are so lazy that it's either retread the tired "our marriage failed womp womp" one-sided storm subplot for years or make BP asexual. Conversely, when they deaded Peter/MJ marriage, they done thrown Parker like 5+ love interests/flirtations so that those who wanted to move on could just move on. With Panther, they lack imagination and interest (wonder why:mjpls:) and can't even do basic homework on the mytho to bring back old flames like Malaika, who was this super spy wakandan ambassador in Paris that Panther used to smash in the 80s. Or revamp Nakia like they did in the movie, or repurpose Monica Lynne to make her more of her political activist side than 'failed' singer [or just make her a successful and famous singer, i mean shyt].
I thought Monica brought a unique aspect with her being an outsider and the Wakandans having a problem with her potentially becoming queen.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I thought Monica brought a unique aspect with her being an outsider and the Wakandans having a problem with her potentially becoming queen.

She definitely did. They got lazy with her tho [imo], and never did much to evolve her past damsel in distress. Then pretty much jobbed her out to Storm in Priest and Hudlin's run. Which is like jobbing out Lois Lane to Wonder Woman for Superman. It sounds negligible/preferable when the going is good.. until you realize Wonder Woman/Storm belong to another editorial office and once that office inevitably snatches them back [or wants them to fukk Batman, Wolverine, etc], you're left empty handed.

For Superman, such things don't matter bc Lois has been built up over the years to be the Katie Couric/J.Jonah Jameson/Mary J Watson of recognition in DC. That'll always be his #1, and she's from his mytho, so there's much more leeway to go in any direction. Like with Reed & Sue. Whereas Monica's growth was stunted.

What Coogler did with Nakia in the movie is essentially establishing her as BP's Lois Lane and an anchor of the franchise. So no matter what happens, whether its other love interests or flirtations with females from other MCU franchises, his base is solid.

Code

Banned
Daps
So what I'm getting from this thread is that if you don't like Captain Marvel you hate women

cool

Two different conversations happening, obviously you can hate the comic version, shes trash

But the MCU has never done exact copies of the comics so wtf are people crying about? How many good movies do you need to see before they earn your trust?

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he’s implying, and this may be a reach, that without storms popularity...we never would’ve gotten black panther on screen?

That is just :laff:

So what I'm getting from this thread is that if you don't like Captain Marvel you hate women

cool

Oh god if someone doesn't love blonde carol! :kobehaha:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
People don't mention his gender or race when they shyt on Superman or Thor. My point is that when people shyt on female or poc superheroes they mention their gender and/or race in connection to the bashing. White male superheroes never have that type of scrutiny. They're judged on powers and personality alone. It's really fukked up to see black folks doing the same thing.

I think its more cause no one knows who Captain Marvel is.

When I've been on Comicvine, I've never saw anyone say white/dark crown phoenix(jean grey) is too powerful because she is female or mention she is a female to keep it 100 breh. The avg comic fan knows she is already powerful and knows her background from xman. There is a legit reason she has the power and you see her growth in the comics.

I've saw straight hardcore male nerds argue Lady Shiva is the greatest martial artist and could beat Batman(and others) in hand to hand combat.

Carrol to them(casuals) is just a Mary Sue that is just made all powerful out of the blue to fuel an agenda and capatilize off a female base looking for attention/and or validation from men.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I think its more cause no one knows who Captain Marvel is.

When I've been on Comicvine, I've never saw anyone say white/dark crown phoenix(jean grey) is too powerful because she is female or mention she is a female to keep it 100 breh. The avg comic fan knows she is already powerful and knows her background from xman. There is a legit reason she has the power and you see her growth in the comics.

Carrol to them is just a Mary Sue that is just made all powerful out of the blue to fuel an agenda and capatilize off a female base looking for validation from men.
Casuals exposing themselves :wow:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Black Panther would have no platform for success if not for Storm since you want to play naive.

how the hell do you figure that? she didnt elevate panther. the whole thing brought down both characters. its not like people were magically checking for panther because he was with storm