Why pay $499 for checkerboard 4K when you can pay $399?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Truth is by any reasonable observation X1X is the console you should have for a 4K TV.

Games are out and the majority of them are native 4K

NONE of them are native on PRO.

Your thread is dumb as fukk and a fail.:ufdup:
Truth is a lot of the games are either Dynamic Scaling. Checkerboard rendering or just flat out lower res than a solid 4K. The One X is dope as fukk for what it can do at its price point but let’s not get carried away. Truth is Microsoft is doing the same rendering tricks that Sony was doing to hit higher resolutions a lot of the time. Albeit they are doing it at a higher scale based on the power of the console. But the true solid 4K games with no compromises are few and far in between. There’s plenty of games that got marketed as true 4K that aren’t. Like Assassins Creed Origins for instance. shyt doesn’t even touch close to 4K. Yet it got marketed as that. Battlefront 2 uses checkerboard rendering mixed with dynamic resolution. It got marketed as 4K but isn’t. It runs way higher than the PS4 Pro. But it uses the same techniques.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Blame the developers. Every game technically could be 4K, but the devs decide resolution, detail level, etc.
But the details would have to be dailed back lower than the base console versions sometimes. Which is why I feel all this super focus on 4K is stupid. When the main focus should be on better settings and performance. The One X could run a bunch of games 1440p high settings and 60fps no problem. But they would rather focus on 4K instead of performance.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
But the details would have to be dailed back lower than the base console versions sometimes. Which is why I feel all this super focus on 4K is stupid. When the main focus should be on better settings and performance. The One X could run a bunch of games 1440p high settings and 60fps no problem. But they would rather focus on 4K instead of performance.
True, but MS delivered what they said. Devs can utilize the 6 TFLOPS however they choose. Every game can be native 4K now. All I'm saying.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Spilz :snoop:
Truth is a lot of the games are either Dynamic Scaling. Checkerboard rendering or just flat out lower res than a solid 4K. The One X is dope as fukk for what it can do at its price point but let’s not get carried away. Truth is Microsoft is doing the same rendering tricks that Sony was doing to hit higher resolutions a lot of the time. Albeit they are doing it at a higher scale based on the power of the console. But the true solid 4K games with no compromises are few and far in between. There’s plenty of games that got marketed as true 4K that aren’t. Like Assassins Creed Origins for instance. shyt doesn’t even touch close to 4K. Yet it got marketed as that. Battlefront 2 uses checkerboard rendering mixed with dynamic resolution. It got marketed as 4K but isn’t. It runs way higher than the PS4 Pro. But it uses the same techniques.
You seem to be an expert on this subject so let me defer to you. What resolution does assassin's creed run at on PS4PRO and what does it run at on Xbox one X :popcorn:
You sir are not as knowledgeable on this topic as originally believed. The Xbox one X isn't focusing on 4k like you said. They've said the entire time it's really up to the developers, they would not force 4k. So stop lying for a second. Also, games have a performance mode that focuses on framerate over resolution. Gears 4 for example can be played at 4k 30fps or 1440p at 60fps.
Microsoft revealed that Project Scorpio handles all this at a system level, allowing 4K and 1080P users to choose between resolution and performance modes in every single game
We'll just chop it up as you was misinformed :handshake:

If that’s the case. So can the Pro. Problem is at what cost?
The problem is you just keep making shyt up, what's this "so can the pro" shyt? The pro isn't in the same ballpark as the x is :stop: The pro isn't much more powerful than the base ps4 for this reason...

When you hear about the Xbox one X you hear about the 6tflops of power. On Sony, you only hear about the 4tflops of power when people compare the power to the Xbox one X since that is the direct competitor.

What used to get talked about (especially near the pro launch) was how the console was built. People are raving about the XB1X because of all the power that they squeezed inside. You do know this is not the case with the PS4pro, right :dame:The PS4pro was deemed victimized early on by poor console design, the bottlenecks that are present is why it cannot do that much more than a regular ps4. It struggles more than the base model on a dozen or so games because of this fact. Some People are happy to ignore this tho, here's the receipts on that claim, it checks out

Why are some PS4 Pro titles running slower than base hardware?
And the this on how the system is pissing off owners for a variety of other reasons that are equally bad. Yet neogaf jrz won't talk about it...
PS4 Pro Support Is Growing Up To Be A Disappointment in Many Ways

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Spilz :snoop:

You seem to be an expert on this subject so let me defer to you. What resolution does assassin's creed run at on PS4PRO and what does it run at on Xbox one X :popcorn:

You sir are not as knowledgeable on this topic as originally believed. The Xbox one X isn't focusing on 4k like you said. They've said the entire time it's really up to the developers, they would not force 4k. So stop lying for a second. Also, games have a performance mode that focuses on framerate over resolution. Gears 4 for example can be played at 4k 30fps or 1440p at 60fps. We'll just chop it up as you was misinformed :handshake:

The problem is you just keep making shyt up, what's this "so can the pro" shyt? The pro isn't in the same ballpark as the x is :stop: The pro isn't much more powerful than the base ps4 for this reason...

When you hear about the Xbox one X you hear about the 6tflops of power. On Sony, you only hear about the 4tflops of power when people compare the power to the Xbox one X since that is the direct competitor.

What used to get talked about (especially near the pro launch) was how the console was built. People are raving about the XB1X because of all the power that they squeezed inside. You do know this is not the case with the PS4pro, right :dame:The PS4pro was deemed victimized early on by poor console design, the bottlenecks that are present is why it cannot do that much more than a regular ps4. It struggles more than the base model on a dozen or so games because of this fact. Some People are happy to ignore this tho, here's the receipts on that claim, it checks out

Why are some PS4 Pro titles running slower than base hardware?
And the this on how the system is pissing off owners for a variety of other reasons that are equally bad. Yet neogaf jrz won't talk about it...
PS4 Pro Support Is Growing Up To Be A Disappointment in Many Ways
nikka. I’m not saying the Pro can do what the Xbox One X can do. Im saying they employ the same techniques to get the most out of each console. EVERY multiplat game should run better on the Xbox One X. That’s not even the issue. Everyone knows the One X is more powerful. That’s not even the issue. The issue is the 4K shyt. And I’ve been criticizing both companies for selling this fukkin 4K dream to customers. And yes. Depending on the engine. And depending on the game. The console would have to dail back the settings to below both standard console versions to acheive true 4K without any dynamic shyt going on. For instance. Assassins Creed Origins is an extremely taxing game. Even for PC. Say they took that game. And make it native 4K with no dynamic res. They would’ve had to lower SOMETHING else to make that happen. A sacrifice would’ve had to be made.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

How does Forza 7 improve on Xbox One X over base hardware?
Full 4k

https://www.google.com/amp/www.euro...ry-2017-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-shines-in-hdr
Full 4K

Halo 5: Xbox One X's most impressive 4K upgrade?

Full 4K

Xbox One X Shadow of War shows profound improvements over PS4 Pro
Full 4K

and there's others.

To say this isn't a "4K" machine is to be a Sony stan.

Y'all trash:scust:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
nikka. I’m not saying the Pro can do what the Xbox One X can do. Im saying they employ the same techniques to get the most out of each console. EVERY multiplat game should run better on the Xbox One X. That’s not even the issue. Everyone knows the One X is more powerful. That’s not even the issue. The issue is the 4K shyt. And I’ve been criticizing both companies for selling this fukkin 4K dream to customers. And yes. Depending on the engine. And depending on the game. The console would have to dail back the settings to below both standard console versions to acheive true 4K without any dynamic shyt going on. For instance. Assassins Creed Origins is an extremely taxing game. Even for PC. Say they took that game. And make it native 4K with no dynamic res. They would’ve had to lower SOMETHING else to make that happen. A sacrifice would’ve had to be made.
You are making a big deal over everything. Let's address that. In the 3post I quoted you was spreading incorrect information left and right. Why are you so misinformed on the capabilities? Since day 1 They talked about having performance and resolution modes for all games which is something the PS4pro doesn't do. You have talked about it alot so it makes no sense for you to know nothing about something that annoys you :dwillhuh:

Now I know you wanna claim you been hoodwinked but I asked you if you could tell us the actual resolution for the Xbox onex and the PS4pro versions. The XB1X version runs at 4k for the majority of the game. When it's not it's still upscaled to that. Never dropped lower than 1680p and that was a rarity. On ps4pro it drops as low as 1330p and never full 4k. Digital foundry says the Xbox one X version looks identical to its pc counterpart in 4k max settings. So you're really annoyed for no reason. Almost seems like it's on purpose, what gives bruh???

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
It’s like u completely didn’t read what I wrote. U probably didn’t. For one. I specifically said 3rd party games. And number 2. I said SOME game engines. And gave a specific example as well. But u looked over ALL of that to post this useless information? Lol.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I would take 1440p 60 fps then 4k 30 fps in a heartbeat. The resolution is still amazing at 1440p

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s like u completely didn’t read what I wrote. U probably didn’t. For one. I specifically said 3rd party games. And number 2. I said SOME game engines. And gave a specific example as well. But u looked over ALL of that to post this useless information? Lol.
Those are 3rd party games and there's more. U looked over my entire post to cherry pick a couple games and post all that useless information:stopitslime:

Only games that don't run at Full 4K on X1X are games that don't even run at 1080p on the OG consoles. That's on the Devs and their engine. Asscreed and Battlefield have NEVER run that well on consoles this gen.

So still as I said.

"Truth is by any reasonable observation X1X is the console you should have for a 4K TV"

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Two of those four games he mentioned are third party titles so :stopitslime:

The game you gave examples of (assassins creed) I already debunked what you "thought", well, digital foundry already did. You can ignore words to create a narrative but it's hard to ignore video evidence...

I guess we can stop playing games and get back to playing games :francis: