Why LeBron James is the 2017 MVP no matter what

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

COlI STANS COULD HAVE WROTE A BETTER PIECE THAN THAT ELEMENTARY shyt.

:devil:
:evil:

There's truth to that.

If they're on TV, they're probably pushing misleading, simplistic, superficial shyt. The best takes on The Coli beat pretty much anything on cable television in any subject.

In all honesty Bron could be the MVP every season but their would be no fun in that. Next year though unless some other player has an out of the world season like Harden and Westbrook this year they will give Bron his 5th to make up for the ones he hasn't gotten and to give him one since his return to Cleveland.

I think this is the year for that, seeing as how Lebron just had one of the greatest playoff finishes ever and looked undeniably like the best player on the planet when it matters.

Golden State's candidates are completely shot now, Westbrook's case is a joke, Harden is probably Bron's equal on offense right now but his case completely collapses on defense, and Kawhi is fantastic at what he does but just can't take over on either side of the floor in enough ways to be considered the MVP. And on top of that, the Cavs are more serious title contenders than anyone else in the field (forget the Spurs record, does anyone think those wins mean anything more than Lebron's wins meant in 2010?).

For me personally, the criteria is: who is playing like the best player in the planet, and does his impact on his team match that play?

The best player on the planet right now is Lebron, and his play is perfectly channeled to impact his team in the most positive manner possible. How can you get more valuable than that?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
And on the whole, "But Harden or Westbrook's teams would only win 15-20 games without them!" argument.

Why do I care? They both have talented players on their teams - Adams/Kanter/ Olidapo/Taj/McDermott/Grant are all legitimate basketball players for the Thunder, Gordon/Ariza/Beverley/Anderson/Williiams/Capela are all ballers for the Rockets. Sure, the way the teams are designed, they require Westbrook/Harden to do a lot and would struggle without them. But I could design a great team with giant holes defensive holes that would get destroyed without Gobert, or a team with no ballhandler at all that would die without CP3. Would that make Gobert or CP3 the MVP, just because you designed a team they get to dominate on?

Lebron is better than anyone else in the discussion, when both ends of the court are considered he's playing at a higher level than anyone else in the discussion, and his team looks more like a championship contender than anyone else in the discussion. It's his MVP to lose at this point.

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
If the spurs snatch the best record might have to go with kawhi,Harden getting his team to a 3 seed is impressive as well. Russ been taking a beating here and in the media but its still a historical feat. Of course the cavs been sucking without him. They all have a strong case. This is one of those years where you just clap for whoever the winner is:manny: I hate to see any of these guys torn down to build someone else up.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
And on the whole, "But Harden or Westbrook's teams would only win 15-20 games without them!" argument.

Why do I care? They both have talented players on their teams - Adams/Kanter/ Olidapo/Taj/McDermott/Grant are all legitimate basketball players for the Thunder, Gordon/Ariza/Beverley/Anderson/Williiams/Capela are all ballers for the Rockets. Sure, the way the teams are designed, they require Westbrook/Harden to do a lot and would struggle without them. But I could design a great team with giant holes defensive holes that would get destroyed without Gobert, or a team with no ballhandler at all that would die without CP3. Would that make Gobert or CP3 the MVP, just because you designed a team they get to dominate on?

Lebron is better than anyone else in the discussion, when both ends of the court are considered he's playing at a higher level than anyone else in the discussion, and his team looks more like a championship contender than anyone else in the discussion. It's his MVP to lose at this point.

Oladipo was just recently hurt and just got back.
Kanter was out for a month+ because he's a moron.
Taj/McDermott just got there and Grant is also an in season acquisition.

It takes for shyt to workout when youre an entirely new team.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

yup...plus lebron's is the only team that goes from championship team (rockets and thunder are not title contenders) to shyt, when lebron sits/doesn't play. The Spurs win no matter who sits or plays.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
They're the ones that call Kobe stans delusional, meanwhile they prop up Lebron every chance they get. He has good teammates and they still shyt on them. :francis:

And no I'm not talking about Cav fans, they're good people, talking specifically about corny ass Lebron stans.

the facts are above in the article...these are not the baseless opinions that Kobe stans love but cold hard facts.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
There's truth to that.

If they're on TV, they're probably pushing misleading, simplistic, superficial shyt. The best takes on The Coli beat pretty much anything on cable television in any subject.

I think this is the year for that, seeing as how Lebron just had one of the greatest playoff finishes ever and looked undeniably like the best player on the planet when it matters.

Golden State's candidates are completely shot now, Westbrook's case is a joke, Harden is probably Bron's equal on offense right now but his case completely collapses on defense, and Kawhi is fantastic at what he does but just can't take over on either side of the floor in enough ways to be considered the MVP. And on top of that, the Cavs are more serious title contenders than anyone else in the field (forget the Spurs record, does anyone think those wins mean anything more than Lebron's wins meant in 2010?).

For me personally, the criteria is: who is playing like the best player in the planet, and does his impact on his team match that play?

The best player on the planet right now is Lebron, and his play is perfectly channeled to impact his team in the most positive manner possible. How can you get more valuable than that?
True but usually in most cases the media has decided who they will run with for MVP by January. And since they have been running with the Harden Westbrook Kawhi narrative for most of the season I think they go with one of them. And right now I think Kawhi is the favorite especially if the overtake the Warriors. Though I hope I'm wrong and that they do give Bron his 5th MVP which he should have had years ago.

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what a piece of work, literally goes through every advanced stat and ignores every single one that doesnt help lebron's case. yes lebron's net on/off court rating is super high at 15.1, but kevin love's was 11.1 before he got injured and jr smith's was 10.4. clearly kevin love has a better mvp case than kawhi right? steph curry's is 14.8, why isnt he in the mvp discussion this year? the problem with this narrative about how terrible the cavs are without lebron is theres no context, in every game that he's missed they've been missing at least one other starter.

back to kawhi, he's missed 5 games. the spurs are 4-1 in those games, but against portland and toronto both those teams had an all star who didnt play. the other 2 wins vs the nets and suns. the loss was by 15 on the road vs memphis.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Westbrook, Harden, and Kawhi (factoring in defense), are all having better individual seasons then him..and the Cavs aren't the best team in the league so no. I'm tired of hearing about the Cavs losing when LeBron doesn't play. No shyt, the team is literally designed around his needs. Most players don't have that luxury for example Westbrook. Literally dragging a cast of misfits to the playoffs, averaging a triple double, doesn't take nights off, and hasn't complained once about needing more help. Kawhi averaging 26 a game and shutting down players nightly, and making clutch plays consistently. LeBron just doesn't deserve it this year.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
these titos did it again tonight vs pistons...lebron showing again why he's the MVP....he was a +17

sb9zWoY.png

and when he sat they had an 7pt lead then the Kyrie and the bench blow the lead:stopitslime:

bL9vyj0.png

In the 40 minutes James played, the Pistons scored just 67 points (full game pace of allowing 80 points in the game).

In the other 8 minutes he didn't play, the Pistons scored 39 points. That's a full game pace of allowing 234 points.

The defense outside of James and Jefferson was absolutely fuking pathetic.