Why isn't there a black panther videogame?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't even find good BP action figures, damn shelves be packed with Black Widow and Hawkeye type of action figures.:hhh: Want one just to put on a shelf or something.
One came out last year based on his Civil War movie appearance, and there is a Marvel Legends one too

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Truth be told... there hasnt been a game based off the movie in a minute now.

I remember them Ironman and Hulk games.... and they were straight trash:mjlol:

Martha
companies stopped backing games based on movies because they review poorly and don't sell as much as the money they put into it. Even the new Star Wars game that sell well aren't straight up based on the movies.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
The same reason we barely see any movies based off Marvel characters. They're usually trash.

giphy.gif

Bruh where have you been the last decade?

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Square Enix (Crystal Dynamics) has a deal with Marvel to make 3rd Person action games first one if for the Avengers. With the success of this movie, best believe he will have a DLC expansion or a bigger focus in later games

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't even find good BP action figures, damn shelves be packed with Black Widow and Hawkeye type of action figures.:hhh: Want one just to put on a shelf or something.
Don't know where you looking bruh.They literally everywhere.

Small figures,big figures,he even got his own Black Panther batmobile type joint they selling.

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
Square Enix (Crystal Dynamics) has a deal with Marvel to make 3rd Person action games first one if for the Avengers. With the success of this movie, best believe he will have a DLC expansion or a bigger focus in later games

That game could very well be an online RPG where they let you create your own hero and customize their origin; you could make your hero be from Wakanda, Asgard, etc. They haven't really released anything on it, so who knows what it'll be like, but with games like Destiny and Anthem out there, Marvel could do something similar just with heroes/Avengers.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
That game could very well be an online RPG where they let you create your own hero and customize their origin; you could make your hero be from Wakanda, Asgard, etc. They haven't really released anything on it, so who knows what it'll be like, but with games like Destiny and Anthem out there, Marvel could do something similar just with heroes/Avengers.

Nah fukk that

Micron

Pro
Daps
A lot of games based on movies or even comics in general aren't good. There have been some good comic/movie based games throughout the years, Batman, Blade, Spider-Man, X-men, some Beat-em ups and fighting games...but they aren't a majority. The only consistent exception to the rule is Batman: Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises(Ios/droid) had very good games.

Most likely BP is going to get a game on Android/Ios, but there's no guarantee it will be good.

Daps
So much this. Honestly, the last movie on a superhero level that had me gushing over it on the level of folks checking out BP was this:

MV5BY2IzNGNiODgtOWYzOS00OTI0LTgxZTUtOTA5OTQ5YmI3NGUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

And guess what, the game of this movie sucked :scust:. Not every blockbuster superhero flick should get the video game treatment. In BP's case, the movie should be what it is. Maybe some merch of course but don't go overboard :what:. Just let the flick cook is all I'm saying because later down the road, mark my words and quote me on this, there will be a thread in here saying "BP was overrated". It happened to The Dark Knight, it happened to Iron Man, and it will happen to this flick. I'm going to sit in my bboy stance for such affairs too:mjgrin:

Watchmen :wow:

Sidenote - Doctor Manhattan is beyond OP now :damn: