Why isn't there a black panther videogame?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
People can be fans of shyt anytime they want to

Yea, this is my main thing. Granted, like Star Wars/Star Trek fans, it goes both ways perhaps. i.e. you're going to have fans old and new who seem extra, but you're also gonna have dem wanna be different asses who just want to rain on people's parade. Esp if the character black.

I been a fan of BP for 20 years but if the next person only discovered breh 2 years ago or 2 weeks ago, i don't give a shyt lol. I've been wanting a BP game since the earliest action RPGs, and Ultimate Alliance, and again once the Arkham games came out. So if these new brehs/brehettes hopping on the bandwagon help that, bet.

I didn't know who he was till years ago people here were complaining about him not having a movie but then again I don't read comic books so my exposure to Marvel characters was 90s cartoons and these movies now.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
you're not actually being indifferent tho
no one said fukk you for going to it :mjlol: shyt, i'll probably check it out too eventually

but seeing people talk about black panther viewing parties and how this changes the landscape for black people as whole when the only wakanda they knew was an old ass hairdresser just a few months ago is kinda funny no matter how you cut it. i'm gonna be feeling the same way when a blue beetle movie drops and everyone with a drop of hispanic in them preorders tickets 3 months out.

by all means have fun though. not even being a dikk about it. like nearly all video games tied to movies, it'd probably suck. that's just how it goes. also, i don't know why people are tying the batman games to the recent movies at all really.

Last edited:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
no one said fukk you for going to it :mjlol: shyt, i'll probably check it out too eventually

but seeing people talk about black panther viewing parties and how this changes the landscape for black people as whole when the only wakanda they knew was an old ass hairdresser just a few months ago is kinda funny no matter how you cut it. i'm gonna feeling the same way when a blue beetle movie drops and everyone with a drop of hispanic in them preorders tickets 3 months out.

by all means have fun though. not even being a dikk about it. like nearly all video games tied to movies, it'd probably suck. that's just how it goes. also, i don't know why people are tying the batman games to the recent movies at all really.

So much this. Honestly, the last movie on a superhero level that had me gushing over it on the level of folks checking out BP was this:

MV5BY2IzNGNiODgtOWYzOS00OTI0LTgxZTUtOTA5OTQ5YmI3NGUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

And guess what, the game of this movie sucked :scust:. Not every blockbuster superhero flick should get the video game treatment. In BP's case, the movie should be what it is. Maybe some merch of course but don't go overboard :what:. Just let the flick cook is all I'm saying because later down the road, mark my words and quote me on this, there will be a thread in here saying "BP was overrated". It happened to The Dark Knight, it happened to Iron Man, and it will happen to this flick. I'm going to sit in my bboy stance for such affairs too:mjgrin:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I can't even find good BP action figures, damn shelves be packed with Black Widow and Hawkeye type of action figures.:hhh: Want one just to put on a shelf or something.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It aint like the old days when anyone can just cook something up.Games are expensive as shyt to make these days.That's why there is less and less of them.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The ball is being dropped on this :beli:
Easy. He was never popular enough for one. There were like 20 x characters much, much, much more popular than Black Panther in the 90s and early 2000s. When they had him take over the FF and the Priest run, thats when everyone paying attention to Panther. He had a Batman aura to his intelligence and tactcs...He was like he always a step ahead..that kind of character got more popular over the last 6 years in particular.

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
Well it doesn't have to be based on the movie.
Maybe there's one in the works, who knows. A quality game takes time to develop, and there wasn't a big request for anything Black Panther before Civil War dropped
Better them have nothing now than to pull a Super Mario 2 and slap Black Panther characters into a existing game to ride the sudden BP wave

Last edited:

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Since we're on the topic of Marvel..

Why the fukk Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 both $40 still on the Xbox Store :snoop:

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
There aren't even 10 great comicbook video games if we're being honest. BP is a lesser known character