Why isnt Mike Pence trying to make a backroom deal with the Senate right now?

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
because being the vice president is the easiest job in the world, he has no clout with actual powerful people like mitch mcconnell and would get washed in the 2020 election by even amy klobuchar.

Romney or someone else would probably be nominated at the convention

Depends on the timing

If primary season has passed and trump technically has the delegates then could they just choose anyone?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Romney or someone else would probably be nominated at the convention

Depends on the timing

If primary season has passed and trump technically has the delegates then could they just choose anyone?
i'm pretty sure they can technically choose anyone even if trump isn't selected without votes anyway.

i'm almost certain a lot of the party primary selection process/convention stuff isn't actually any codified law for president lol.

but i could be wrong, but that's what i remember from my poli sci classes.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
i'm pretty sure they can technically choose anyone even if trump isn't elected without votes anyway.

i'm almost certain a lot of the party primary selection process stuff isn't actually any codified law for president lol.

but i could be wrong, but that's what i remember from my poli sci classes.

I also dont think its codified law

This would be unprecedented. What im saying is this though..trump chooses the delegates..then the delegates choose the candidate. So essentially trump would be choosing the nominee. Would he even pick Pence? Would he let them do whatever? Would they rebel?

If its before the primary process than theres gonna be a flood of people jumping in.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
@JackRoss this guy needs 20 republican senators to vote with the minority. Id be shocked if more than 2 voted

And Manchin may vote with the Republicans

Man I'd be shocked in he can back into this thread. I have no idea why he has so much faith in the Senate

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I also dont think its codified law

This would be unprecedented. What im saying is this though..trump chooses the delegates..then the delegates choose the candidate. So essentially trump would be choosing the nominee. Would he even pick Pence? Would he let them do whatever? Would they rebel?

If its before the primary process than theres gonna be a flood of people jumping in.
yeah i think he'd let them fight it out on their own or endorse someone else knowing trumps psychology. he'd also probably just refuse to leave office or something. i still think that's going to happen if he loses the election, but i'll wait til he cross that bridge.

i doubt he gives a fukk about pence, he just used him for the evangelical vote.

honestly though none of this is happening, mitch knows that would be a shyt show. pence ain't brokering any backroom deals to usurp trump.

dude knows this is the peak of his political accomplishments. he was already pretty much done in his home state before trump scooped him up as it is.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Anything that Trump touches....DIES.

If I was some scumbag Republican, and after seeing members of my own party losing their seats, AND FREEDOM, in the 2017, 2018, and 2019 elections, I would tell Trump personally not to campaign for me if I was up for re-election.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Pence would guarantee Dems take the white house... simple as that.
Rethugs are not getting behind a losing horse.
Say what you want about Trump, he's still likely to keep the oval office in rethug hands in 2020

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
yeah i think he'd let them fight it out on their own or endorse someone else knowing trumps psychology. he'd also probably just refuse to leave office or something. i still think that's going to happen if he loses the election, but i'll wait til he cross that bridge.

i doubt he gives a fukk about pence, he just used him for the evangelical vote.

honestly though none of this is happening, mitch knows that would be a shyt show. pence ain't brokering any backroom deals to usurp trump.

dude knows this is the peek of his political accomplishments. he was already pretty much done in his home state before trump scooped him up as it is.

Totally agree to the bolded.

The premise of this thread is as if Pence is in the same mold as LBJ. Which is highly highly unlikely.

I do think Trump would leave office though. He never wanted to win in the first place and he probably doesnt even really want to run again anyway but feels obligated+his ego+thrill of campaigning

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
The funny thing about this line of thinking is that every house and governorship candidate that Trump has supported has failed come election time. Trump is toxic to other campaigns. The only thing Trump is good at is selling himself. He's awful at selling others..

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump win but then the Dems take the Senate. Then he'd be fukked with a Dem house and a Dem Senate, he'd be on suicide watch.

It's a real possibility the Dems will take back the Senate and maintain control of the house.
I'm not so sure....it's a mixed bag

How Trump’s favored midterm candidates performed