Why is Titanfall so hyped?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm still waiting for someone to explain these "elements" beyond running and shooting :popcorn:
Call of Duty players will be right at home here. The core feel is similar, though my initial impression is that using the iron sights in Titanfall isn’t nearly as critical to success as it is in the Modern Warfare series Zampella left behind. And everything is free and easy in the heat of the moment, too.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/i-played-titanfall-and

Titanfall's multiplayer is surprisingly simple to describe. It's a seamless blend of the old and new: the fast-paced nature of Call of Duty's twitchy online shooting moulded with new traversal mechanics and explosive juggernauts to create a familiar yet unique sci-fi shooter. Imagine the fluidity of Mirror's Edge's navigation with guns and mechs layered on top, and you're partway to picturing a typical Titanfall battle.
http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/titanfall/preview-3493.html

:umad:

Anyway I don't see how it having a few similarities to COD is bad. You're getting on the defensive as if someone is saying it's similar to Haze or Resistance. I know why, it's because you rather the game being exclusive on Xbox One not be comparable to a multiplatform game which is also available on PS4.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/i-played-titanfall-and

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/titanfall/preview-3493.html

:umad:

Anyway I don't see how it having a few similarities to COD is bad. You're getting on the defensive as if someone is saying it's similar to Haze or Resistance. I know why, it's because you rather the game being exclusive on Xbox One not be comparable to a multiplatform game which is also available on PS4.

Not getting defensive about anything. And I really don't care what's on ps4.

It's just a line that people keep repeating, but no one really has an answer as to why other than, running and shooting. And I never said it doesn't have a "few similarities". Obviously they have similarities they are both fps games. "Twitchy shooting" and "run n gun" could describe dozens of games. "The core feal" of most shooters is similar as well.

I guess battlefield is just COD with helicopters. And killzone is just COD with better graphics and slower gameplay. :heh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not getting defensive about anything. And I really don't care what's on ps4.
"I'm not mad!"
:mjpls:

It's just a line that people keep repeating, but no one really has an answer as to why other than, running and shooting.
:what:
Not sure what else you expect people to say. It looks like COD with mechs and jetpacks and that's it. Nothing more nothing less.

And I never said it doesn't have a "few similarities".

:comeon: y'all can quit with the "COD with mechs" nonsense the game is nothing like COD.

Really? It doesn't look like cod?
No. Not at all
:stopitslime:

Obviously they have similarities they are both fps games. "Twitchy shooting" and "run n gun" could describe dozens of games. "The core feal" of most shooters is similar as well.

I guess battlefield is just COD with helicopters. And killzone is just COD with better graphics and slower gameplay. :heh:

You're just going off on a tangent now. Twitchy shooting and run n gun is a vague description yes, but Call of Duty has a certain look and feel to it. Quake would be considered twitchy but I'm sure you wouldn't say it's similar to call of duty now would you?? Also Killzone being COD with slower gameplay isn't cod anymore as COd isn't slow so I guess that's a stupid point you made.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're just going off on a tangent now. Twitchy shooting and run n gun is a vague description yes, but Call of Duty has a certain look and feel to it. Quake would be considered twitchy but I'm sure you wouldn't say it's similar to call of duty now would you??? Also Killzone being COD with slower gameplay isn't cod anymore as COd isn't slow so I guess that's a stupid point you made.

COD doesn't have characters flying through the air and bouncing off walls so TitanFall is no longer COD with mechs.

Thank you for realizing and admitting how stupid that point is :cheers: