Why is Titanfall so hyped?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
It's a videogame none of us has played. Y'all dudes that are hyping this game. It's because of the gaming media. And y'all are setting yourselves up for failure. Too many games that were supposed to be great ended up not. I never seen a game that was this certified as great before it's release.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It's a videogame none of us has played. Y'all dudes that are hyping this game. It's because of the gaming media. And y'all are setting yourselves up for failure. Too many games that were supposed to be great ended up not. I never seen a game that was this certified as great before it's release.

medias not even hyping the game like that :heh: its the gaming community hyping it up

which is the first time in a long while that its the opposite of every other FPS coming out that is driven by the media hype machine.. Which is buildingi t MORE hype because it has the actual interest of gamers and not just magazines.. which is making more people interested (snowball effect)

The game looks legit, if it plays as smooth as its supposed to (if its ported from xbox1 to PC you can throw the smoothness of game play out the window though :camby: ) then itll be contender for game of the year easily..

Its being built on source engine, which in the past, means almost everyones computer can play it (it doesnt require a crazy computer to play it at decent settings)

it has actual money behind it and the developer/publisher.. which can be a good thing.

It looks like a mixture of Unreal Tournament (the jumping around) and Tribes (the vehicle)

both top of the line first person shooters at one point in time in gaming history. If it has Unreal Tournament movement but with Counter Strike aiming :wow: just throw the damn towel :damn:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Because ain't nothing coming out soon for us to hype

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Because it's being promoted as an Xbox1 exclusive (even though it's also being released on PC & Xbox 360). I doubt it would be getting anymore hype than other big 3rd-party multplatform game coming out next year, if it was also going to be released on PS4 & PS3.

Xbots also think "Titanfall" is the Lord, Jesus, Savior, & Christ for Xbox1, just read through this thread on GAF:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731419

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The fact that most of the key people from the original IW are making it holds a lot of weight. This is where the Modern Warfare franchise should've evolved to by now IMO if Activision hadn't shut shyt down after MW2 released.

I'm also not really seeing the gaming media hyping the game as much as other AAA releases in the past. Hopefully the rumors about a beta are true and if good, word of mouth will propel it.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Because its being produced by the infinity ward team that was behind MW and MW2, widely considered the two best COD titles MP wise ever. I personally think it will be Crysis status

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Because the people who have played it have hyped it up and claimed its the best next gen game they've played.

Also it looks cool. It has mechs, and it breaks free of a lot of the modern fps staples.

We've had mech games before, but I think the thing with this is that it's Call of Duty With Mechs.....

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
We've had mech games before, but I think the thing with this is that it's Call of Duty With Mechs.....
:comeon: y'all can quit with the "COD with mechs" nonsense the game is nothing like COD.

Mechs are always cool. I don't know about you but anytime I see mechs in a game I'm instantly interested. Add that to the other stuff about the movement of the characters and the way the levels are built and its a very interesting game.

Also the way the story plays out has never been done in a game before.

And the initial hands on impressions, more than confirmed the hype. This game will be the truth. March can't get here soon enough:noah:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: y'all can quit with the "COD with mechs" nonsense the game is nothing like COD.

Mechs are always cool. I don't know about you but anytime I see mechs in a game I'm instantly interested. Add that to the other stuff about the movement of the characters and the way the levels are built and its a very interesting game.

And the initial hands on impressions, more than confirmed the hype. This game will be the truth. March can't get here soon enough:noah:

Right this shyt is lost planet without the snow :russ:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

why so defensive, I'm not even bashing the game. :skip:

all furious over nothing. :laugh:

And I've seen plenty of gameplay footage. If you can't see the COD influence in the game. :beli: