Why is the Camron/dipset movement not regarded as the blueprint for current hiphop today?

Lord Mecca

Eyes May Shine
Daps
They receive their credit, but I wouldn't say they are the blueprint shyt that's happening today... they were more last of a dying breed. They were just the only nikkas from NY who were on that super flex shyt as a group... but that was already happening elsewhere.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Dipset were legendary but they didn't do anything that Wu Tang didn't already do years before and on a much bigger level (music/sales/tours/fashion/movies/video games etc)

They were definitely the sequel to Wu but more of a straight to DVD sequel that didn't top the original

This. How they the blueprint when a group did exactly what they did but way before, much bigger and with more talent than they did?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I mean there was literally a whole Dipset nostalgia movement with cacs dikk riding the fukk out of Cam in this era :francis:

If you ask some of these new ATL rappers like Gunna and Lucci who they grew up listening to they bring up Jim Jones, Cam'ron, Diplomats. I mean look at this shyt...

Drake had the Juelz line in that one song and just dropped a freestyle this year titled "Diplomatic Immunity"

A$AP Mob always paid homage to Dipset, they literally come from that lineage being from Harlem and through Yams interning days at Diplomat Records. A bunch of the new NY rappers have songs with Dipset members.

Fredo Santana was literally named after Juelz :heh:

Dips get their due, they would even be more respected if it wasn't for the foolishness and their lack of musical output/failed reunions. All these dudes except Jimmy and J.R. are :flabbynsick:

Could you imagine how dope a Diplomatic Immunity 3 with modern features and production would be?

:mindblown:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Imagine a Diplomatic Immunity 3, soulful selections from Heatmakerz, Dougie on the Beat, Dizzy Banko, Buda & Grandz some anthem level productions from Jahlil Beats, features from the new NY crop of talent Boogie, M.A., East, Rocky, Don, French, Neek Bucks could all match their vibe, some features from other cities like Meek, Lucci, Durk, G-Herbo or Bibby, Gotti, Moneybagg, Nipsey, some veterans like a Fab or the LOX

shyt would be fukking heat rocks :heh:

Last edited: