Why is the Bronx considered the worst borough in NYC?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you lived on Budlong/King you're right from where I grew up when I lived in LA. I'm from Expo/Normandie
this is where I visited family for 6-8 weeks periods of time every year from 92-95. was never "from" there to truly be immersed. but spend a good amount of time
Bruh all these areas in LA bleed together...

Watts, which is a neighborhood in the city of Los Angeles, bleeds right into Compton. Like there is no "transition area", they run right into each other. And Compton bleeds right into Carson if you're headed southwest or right into Long Beach going southeast...

All of these areas are connected into one another, it's all Los Angeles. And in theory it really isn't different than every borough claiming themselves as "New York" when historically the city of New York is just Manhattan. All those outer boroughs were separate cities and counties...

If you lived on Budlong/King you're right from where I grew up when I lived in LA. I'm from Expo/Normandie, I went to Weemes Elementary. Right in the heart of the Brims...

My entire family is all over LA from Inglewood to Venice to Van Nuys. All of that is Los Angeles...

In my 20s when I went back to LA I had potnas from from 2 P's, Lanes, Fruits, Pain, Hacies, and Bopps. All of this shyt is Los Angeles...

People immersed in the culture innately get this, the nuance between set tripping and everyone being from LA...

And honestly living on The East where you meet NYers OT all the time, there is a similar dynamic that may not play out in The Boroughs, but it certainly plays out abroad. Mount Vernon and YO claim themselves as NY. Dudes from LI claim NY. I've met all these dudes and they don't distinguish themselves as "I'm not from The Boroughs" unless you ask, dudes just tell you "I'm from New York". And no one has a problem with it...

The only place it matters is in street politics and even there it ain't that big of a deal...

It's always gonna be hard for people to get this if they aren't closely aligned to LA culture. Bro my homegirl from Pain, still chat with her like once a year or so, she never has said, "well I'm/we not really from LA" 😂. My boy years ago from 2 P's was never like "well you know I'm not really from LA" even though we all know City nikkas clown Valley nikkas sometimes...

City Data does have some racism there but there are alot of us there to keep them in check...
MV, YO and LI are NY. so claiming NY is a rightful claim. there's NY and then there is NYC

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
this is where I visited family for 6-8 weeks periods of time every year from 92-95. was never "from" there to truly be immersed. but spend a good amount of time

MV, YO and LI are NY. so claiming NY is a rightful claim. there's NY and then there is NYC
Bro, I've met transplanted NYers in every state along The Coast and in Upstate NY. We all know NYers travel. You can find NYers anywhere out east...

When you meet them, 9 times outta 10 they don't distinguish they aren't from The Boroughs. And bruh, you know this, if someone says "I'm from New York", nikkas is not thinking they mean Schenectady. Come on now. nikkas (women too) will say "I'm from New York" because they know that it implies they from The Boroughs...

Then upon further convo you find out nikkas is from White Plains or Nassau or even further out, I've met a chick who introduced herself as being from NY, then when I told her I used to live Upstate, only then did she say, "well yeah I'm really from Plattsburgh". 🤣

Yes obviously it's all NY State so anyone in the state can say they from "New York" but that's not how this works in reality, when nikkas say "I'm from New York" you not expecting that he means he from Utica or Poughkeepsie. And this happens ALL THE TIME outside NY...

Westchester and LI nikkas say "I'm from NY" because they know how it sounds, they not telling OT nikkas where they from unless we ask 🤣...

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Bro, I've met transplanted NYers in every state along The Coast and in Upstate NY. We all know NYers travel. You can find NYers anywhere out east...

When you meet them, 9 times outta 10 they don't distinguish they aren't from The Boroughs. And bruh, you know this, if someone says "I'm from New York", nikkas is not thinking they mean Schenectady. Come on now. nikkas (women too) will say "I'm from New York" because they know that it implies they from The Boroughs...

Then upon further convo you find out nikkas is from White Plains or Nassau or even further out, I've met a chick who introduced herself as being from NY, then when I told her I used to live Upstate, only then did she say, "well yeah I'm really from Plattsburgh". 🤣

Yes obviously it's all NY State so anyone in the state can say they from "New York" but that's not how this works in reality, when nikkas say "I'm from New York" you not expecting that he means he from Utica or Poughkeepsie. And this happens ALL THE TIME outside NY...

Westchester and LI nikkas say "I'm from NY" because they know how it sounds, they not telling OT nikkas where they from unless we ask 🤣...
I’m not really following you on this
They are literally from New York. Lol

Now someone, from somewhere like Buffalo, would just use buffalo

Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you meet them, 9 times outta 10 they don't distinguish they aren't from The Boroughs. And bruh, you know this, if someone says "I'm from New York"

Me being from NYC, when I’m abroad. I just say “New York”. I’m really not trying to explain that I grew up in East Harlem but have lived in BKYLN most of my adult life.

I appreciate how generic “New York” is. and I damn sure don’t want to hear some corny antiquated stereotype about NYC from strangers

You’d be surprised how many times MFs just start singing “newwwwwwwwww yyyyyyyyyyorkk” like Alicia keys :dahell:

Imma start telling MFs “Ohio”

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I’m not really following you on this
They are literally from New York. Lol

Now someone, from somewhere like Buffalo, would just use buffalo
Buffalonians are from New York too, so in theory they could say New York and it's truth, correct?

But I've never met anybody from Buffalo abroad, who introduced themselves, as "I'm from New York". They always say "I'm from Buffalo" even though it isn't a technical lie if they say "I'm from New York"...

Rochesterians say "I'm from Rochester, NY". Albanians say "I'm from Albany". Its always the NYers from these offbrand cities saying "I'm from New York", places from as far away as Plattsburgh or Newburgh, or as close in as Hempstead or Roosevelt. Because these nikkas know how it sounds, they know how "I'm from New York" sounds. It don't sound like a nikka means he from Nassau 🤣 we know this, bro...

My point is, I don't actually have an issue with this, I'm just pointing out the double standards with how you guys talk about LA as compared to yourselves. I'll meet two NY nikkas in one place, say in Charlotte, one is from Brooklyn, the other could be from somewhere deep in Westchester like Elmsford, and the BK nikka doesn't say, "oh you ain't from NY". You nikkas in this thread talking about how Compton and Inglewood aren't Los Angeles, but yall let New Rochelle and Mount Vernon nikkas demo like City nikkas lmao...

Again, this isnt something that bothers me, all that shyt is close enough to The Boroughs, I already know it isn't The Boroughs, bit it's close enough it doesn't matter to nitpick. They influenced by Borough nikkas regardless...
Me being from NYC, when I’m abroad. I just say “New York”. I’m really not trying to explain that I grew up in East Harlem but have lived in BKYLN most of my adult life.

I appreciate how generic “New York” is. and I damn sure don’t want to hear some corny antiquated stereotype about NYC from strangers

You’d be surprised how many times MFs just start singing “newwwwwwwwww yyyyyyyyyyorkk” like Alicia keys :dahell:

Imma start telling MFs “Ohio”
💯 well you are from The Boroughs, YOU don't have to specify where you from unless specifically asked, because you from The Five...

It's the nikkas who aren't from The Five who say "I'm from NY" who need to be specific 😂...

I get you on corny stereotypes though, do you know how many corny stereotypes I've heard about California? One of the oldest ones that came up often, was, "ya Cali nikkas not really about money, ya about that weak gang shyt. We get money over here". Heard that from nikkas from NY to NC to GA, like, it defies all reality that California street dudes aren't about money. People don't understand The Culture, so there's this assumption we not paper chasers and that was never true at any point of Cali's black street history. Not in LA, not in Oakland, not in Sacramento, not in San Diego. But that perception was allowed to exist for a long time...

So I definitely understand and hate the corny stereotypes! 😆

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Buffalonians are from New York too, so in theory they could say New York and it's truth, correct?

But I've never met anybody from Buffalo abroad, who introduced themselves, as "I'm from New York". They always say "I'm from Buffalo" even though it isn't a technical lie if they say "I'm from New York"...

Rochesterians say "I'm from Rochester, NY". Albanians say "I'm from Albany". Its always the NYers from these offbrand cities saying "I'm from New York", places from as far away as Plattsburgh or Newburgh, or as close in as Hempstead or Roosevelt. Because these nikkas know how it sounds, they know how "I'm from New York" sounds. It don't sound like a nikka means he from Nassau 🤣 we know this, bro...

My point is, I don't actually have an issue with this, I'm just pointing out the double standards with how you guys talk about LA as compared to yourselves. I'll meet two NY nikkas in one place, say in Charlotte, one is from Brooklyn, the other could be from somewhere deep in Westchester like Elmsford, and the BK nikka doesn't say, "oh you ain't from NY". You nikkas in this thread talking about how Compton and Inglewood aren't Los Angeles, but yall let New Rochelle and Mount Vernon nikkas demo like City nikkas lmao...

Again, this isnt something that bothers me, all that shyt is close enough to The Boroughs, I already know it isn't The Boroughs, bit it's close enough it doesn't matter to nitpick. They influenced by Borough nikkas regardless...

💯 well you are from The Boroughs, YOU don't have to specify where you from unless specifically asked, because you from The Five...

It's the nikkas who aren't from The Five who say "I'm from NY" who need to be specific 😂...

I get you on corny stereotypes though, do you know how many corny stereotypes I've heard about California? One of the oldest ones that came up often, was, "ya Cali nikkas not really about money, ya about that weak gang shyt. We get money over here". Heard that from nikkas from NY to NC to GA, like, it defies all reality that California street dudes aren't about money. People don't understand The Culture, so there's this assumption we not paper chasers and that was never true at any point of Cali's black street history. Not in LA, not in Oakland, not in Sacramento, not in San Diego. But that perception was allowed to exist for a long time...

So I definitely understand and hate the corny stereotypes! 😆
The thing is no one knows those cities on a national scale like that. But they are in fact from New york
people from inglewood and compton are literally not from the city of los angeles. Its not a 1 to 1 comparison
They should just be saying california, then when prompted -whatever city they're from

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The thing is no one knows those cities on a national scale like that. But they are in fact from New york
people from inglewood and compton are literally not from the city of los angeles. Its not a 1 to 1 comparison
They should just be saying california, then when prompted -whatever city they're from
Give it up my brother, you are wrong on this. Not only do Inglewood and Compton directly abut the city of Los Angeles, but both are in Los Angeles County. So you can say you're "from LA" anywhere in the county, and would it be a lie?

Or does this only work when people from New York State say "I'm from New York"?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Give it up my brother, you are wrong on this. Not only do Inglewood and Compton directly abut the city of Los Angeles, but both are in Los Angeles County. So you can say you're "from LA" anywhere in the county, and would it be a lie?

Or does this only work when people from New York State say "I'm from New York"?
Yea but its disingenuous. We all know nyc takes the Lionshare of the idea of being from "New York"
But we all know new york as a state as well. The state that they're from is called............New york
The city that they're from is not L.A Inglewood and compton have enough pop cultural pull to be named directly
Outside of buffalo and maybe syracuse, those nys cities dont

Nobody is thinking about Los Angeles as an all-encompassing "County"

And you tried to relate this to the boroughs. But the city of new york consolidated in the 1800s. The west bronx was always new york on top of that. No comparison there either

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
also @murksiderock

LA is not Nycs competition, LONDON is.

Its objective enough to be quantified by the premier institution(based in Chicago) that ranks cities by basically all tangible and important metrics that makes a city ..........a city. Or in this case a great city. LA is a great city but its not on nycs level

a5bb0f4e-33c8-9bd5-4621-916f8fa1d9f2

You could probably do alot of the things you can do in tokyo in la. But thats not a benchmark to go by in this instance. LA is New yorks AMERICAN competition. But our true rivals are international

New york is not just an american city that can compete on the world stage.... Its literally number one on the globe

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Yea but its disingenuous. We all know nyc takes the Lionshare of the idea of being from "New York"
But we all know new york as a state as well. The state that they're from is called............New york
The city that they're from is not L.A Inglewood and compton have enough pop cultural pull to be named directly
Outside of buffalo and maybe syracuse, those nys cities dont

Nobody is thinking about Los Angeles as an all-encompassing "County"

And you tried to relate this to the boroughs. But the city of new york consolidated in the 1800s. The west bronx was always new york on top of that. No comparison there either

also @murksiderock

LA is not Nycs competition, LONDON is.

Its objective enough to be quantified by the premier institution(based in Chicago) that ranks cities by basically all tangible and important metrics that makes a city ..........a city. Or in this case a great city. LA is a great city but its not on nycs level

a5bb0f4e-33c8-9bd5-4621-916f8fa1d9f2

You could probably do alot of the things you can do in tokyo in la. But thats not a benchmark to go by in this instance. LA is New yorks AMERICAN competition. But our true rivals are international

New york is not just an american city that can compete on the world stage.... Its literally number one on the globe
Bruh this is an American think tank that ranks NY #1. Word to @Th3Birdman of course an American Institute would rank NY #1...

Find me the premier institution in the UK, France, Japan, or China that calls NY the #1 city in the world 🤣...

NY is up there. So is LA. People know both cities across the globe. Objectively NY doesn't have the greatest public transit in the world, the greatest social services (higher crime and poverty than many elite cities), the greatest public works (it IS a dirty city, etc)....

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Bruh this is an American think tank that ranks NY #1. Word to @Th3Birdman of course an American Institute would rank NY #1...

Find me the premier institution in the UK, France, Japan, or China that calls NY the #1 city in the world 🤣...

NY is up there. So is LA. People know both cities across the globe. Objectively NY doesn't have the greatest public transit in the world, the greatest social services (higher crime and poverty than many elite cities), the greatest public works (it IS a dirty city, etc)....
Its American based through Chicago. But its the global cities index, there are scholars from all over the world on this :mjlol:

For the most part is Nyc and its London for overall goat city by city metrics, across the board

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Its American based through Chicago. But its the global cities index, there are scholars from all over the world on this :mjlol:

For the most part is Nyc and its London for overall goat city by city metrics, across the board

Would you mind posting your source's methodology? As in, how did they come to that conclusion

romeodunn

Pro
Daps
As per usual, an out-of-towner go to Downtown LA, sees Skid Row, and think that's "LA". Prolly went to Venice Beach too lol.

Nikka, go to Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Sherman Oaks, Pasadena where the Rose Bowl is, Long Beach at the Pike, Inglewood, Ladera Heights, Calabasas, Burbank, Valencia, Anaheim (but don't go too far south, or you'll end up in Santa Ana... :scusthov:).

There's so much to Los Angeles, and you nikkas stay going to Downtown and the Westside, and come away with "homeless" and "fake people". Well yeah, you going to where all the fukking transplants live! They came to LA and thought the same as you, and ended up homeless or they "made it" schmoozing and kissing ass only to end up a struggling actor waiting tables and shyt.

You nikkas kill me with this.

LOS ANGELES IS NOT JUST DOWNTOWN LA, SANTA MONICA AND VENICE BEACH.

Goddamn:pacspit:

(I'm a little hype lol, don't take offense breh)
Did not even see Venice Beach, we visited Los Feliz, Silverlake, Boyle Heights, Malibu, Calabasas and drove down to San Diego. I was unimpressed. San Diego was dope and I loved it there, but L.A. left a bad taste in her mouth (I did enjoy Los Feliz and Malibu)