Why is Questlove so upset about Drake losing to Kendrick? Claims Hip Hip is truly dead.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Y’all don’t get it yet?

Drake is a Hero to lames and cornballs
because he’s the one that “made it” and became cool.

handshake-gangsta.gif
You think Kendrick wouldn't be seen the same way? Dude is literally stopped growing half way through high school.

As far as I saw it, this was a battle between the roots of hip hop and what executives are trying to turn it into. Drake became a tool of the industry and as people usually do, he let the fame and power trick him into thinking he's invincible and can disrespect whomever, however, and whenever with little to no repercussions.

People are relieved because they're witnessing something that has sadly become very rare: a person with real power facing some consequences for abusing it.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Call it whatever you want but its creepy as fukk when its with a 17 year old. And like I said it's not the only thing floating around there about Drake and teen girls.
It's inappropriate and I don't want to justify it.
But that entire thing of serenading a young woman on stage isn't about Drake it's about trying to make a special memory for the female. He shouldn't have kissed her once he found out she was 17 though.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Man of Muppet looking ass n-gga don't shut the fcck up, the fcck was his ass at during the Nas/Jay-Z and Drake/Pusha T battles
I think those battles were based heavily on lyricism and truth.
There are so many classic lines from those battles. This was different.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
And that turned out great!!
Exactly. So why wasn't hip hop dead then? The majority of hip-hop beefs we praised got into the mud. For every skillful Mickey Factz vs. Royce 5'9 battle there were 10 other battles of nikkas telling each other they were going to pull their dikk out in front of their bytch while you eating with her, or telling Dame Dash he's going to send him to meet Aaliyah.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. So why wasn't hip hop dead then? The majority of hip-hop beefs we praised got into the mud. For every skillful Mickey Factz vs. Royce 5'9 battle there were 10 other battles of nikkas telling each other they were going to pull their dikk out in front of their bytch while you eating with her, or telling Dame Dash he's going to send him to meet Aaliyah.
My bad, I kinda agree with you here.