Why is NBA Media so much worse than other Major Sports

KamikazePilot

Superstar
Daps
What is it with NBA media is it because it’s a star driven league? Is it for the clicks? Why do old players and analysts talk down on the new players? What’s going on?:mindblown:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What is it with NBA media is it because it’s a star driven league? Is it for the clicks? Why do old players and analysts talk down on the new players? What’s going on?:mindblown:

I’ll be honest I don’t pay attention to baseball hockey soccer or boxing/mma like that and the only sports I like are basketball and football...and it seems as if all players talk ish.

seems like both leagues have vets that think their era was the best

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Being a star driven league is part of it. It's easier to point the finger at success or failure than the other sports when one player can be the difference from a 2nd round in the postseason or the 2nd overall pick.

I've thought about it too and the only thing I can think of is the NBA is fine with whatever you say as long as you put eyes on the product. Disrespectful & out of line hot takes are fine since these will more than likely go viral which helps with publicity. They were the first out of the major US sports to embrace hot take culture and online content creation as promo so this is what you get.

I don't see how it can be anything else. NFL thought Simmons was out of pocket on shyt and he got suspended like he was a, NFL employee and not ESPN's lmao. NFL is very careful about how their product is covered, their issue is they're the opposite of the NBA and don't give a fukk about players.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
The NBA media doesn't actually discuss or break down the games. They love to spew hot takes and narratives. It doesn't help that they talk about the same teams and players ad nauseam either. A lot of them don't even watch the games. NBA coverage is easily the WOAT!

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
everything revolves around ring talk. all significant acoomplishments are downplayed if you havent won a chip

we spend too much time being happy when a star player doesnt do well

everything is narrative-driven (rachel nichols, ramona shelbourne, that other white woman i cant remember)

skip bayless is a thing

debate-style shows have increased the amount of hot takes to the point where hot takes have taken over the discourse

people like kendrick perkins and ryan hollins were given professional jobs and they arent very good

many former players that have "analyst jobs" just carry water for certain players

many "analysts" also carry water for certain players

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
They are the only people that have to react to regular season games. Since we ain't in the media you can just say I ain't paying attention until they do it in the playoffs... But they literally have to talk about basically meaningless games for months at a time

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
everything revolves around ring talk. all significant acoomplishments are downplayed if you havent won a chip

we spend too much time being happy when a star player doesnt do well

everything is narrative-driven (rachel nichols, ramona shelbourne, that other white woman i cant remember)

skip bayless is a thing

debate-style shows have increased the amount of hot takes to the point where hot takes have taken over the discourse

people like kendrick perkins and ryan hollins were given professional jobs and they arent very good

many former players that have "analyst jobs" just carry water for certain players

many "analysts" also carry water for certain players[
/QUOTE]
This right here, it frustrates me when guys get on tv and tear another player down just to make whoever they root for look better.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
how is it worse wheen it's exactly what the fans want?

NBA and the NFL is the only sports where 2 analysts talking about it can get 5 mil views on youtube..

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
NBA is a stars league so naturally they have inflated egos, more so than any other sport.

There’s no “shield” or brand like other league. There’s no sense that the league is bigger than any individual.

Also older players are jealous that they don’t get the kind of money or attention that younger players get. A lot of them are bitter that they underachieved and wasted away their prime. They get jealous when they see youngsters shining and putting in the work that they never put in.

:francis:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
NBA is a stars league so naturally they have inflated egos, more so than any other sport.

There’s no “shield” or brand like other league. There’s no sense that the league is bigger than any individual.

Also older players are jealous that they don’t get the kind of money or attention that younger players get. A lot of them are bitter that they underachieved and wasted away their prime. They get jealous when they see youngsters shining and putting in the work that they never put in.

:francis:
Good point

too many older players hate on today’s game because it’s not played like the late 80s and 90s

I feel like there hasn’t been a month since 2010 that an older player doesn’t shyt on today’s game and how it’s played