Why is Missy Elliot and LL Cool J in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame but Iron Maiden is not?

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Jericho (and a lot of those rocker types) don't get it. The Hall Of Fame has been inclusive to artists of all genres since the beginning. So yeah, there's gonna be hip-hop artists that go in. His issue with Iron Maiden not being in is a gripe he can have just like lots of people have about their favorites not being inducted or whatever... but why TF question another artist's accomplishments when obviously they have done enough to be on that level? Shuttin' up about shyt you don't understand is a lost art and this is a prime example. He coulda just left it at saying how come Iron Maiden or Meatloaf aren't in, but he's attempting to discount LL, Missy (and probably hip-hop in general cause that's what it seems he's gettin' at- that's what them dudes do all the time) to prop his favorites up. Now he's comin' off like a racist dikkhead... again.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It’s just like every other HOF. There’s politics at play. Whether it’s slander from the artists to the hall, to lawsuits amongst the people who run it from the artists themselves or record labels and legality.

It would be like a wrestling fan asking why Owen isn’t in the HOF or why Demolition isn’t in or why it took decades for Bruno to get inducted.

Why isn’t Jericho asking why Dolly Parton or Willie Nelson are in the ROCK hall of fame? They ain’t no damn rock artists.
Ehhh in Dolly Parton's case, she did initially ask that question as well.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Jericho (and a lot of those rocker types) don't get it. The Hall Of Fame has been inclusive to artists of all genres since the beginning. So yeah, there's gonna be hip-hop artists that go in. His issue with Iron Maiden not being in is a gripe he can have just like lots of people have about their favorites not being inducted or whatever... but why TF question another artist's accomplishments when obviously they have done enough to be on that level? Shuttin' up about shyt you don't understand is a lost art and this is a prime example. He coulda just left it at saying how come Iron Maiden or Meatloaf aren't in, but he's attempting to discount LL, Missy (and probably hip-hop in general cause that's what it seems he's gettin' at- that's what them dudes do all the time) to prop his favorites up. Now he's comin' off like a racist dikkhead... again.
Exactly. I've had the same problems with Gene Simmons about that mentality as well and I called a lot of people out on that crap. It's flat out racism from the rock community. No bull. No lie. No act, just straight fact.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
He is 100% right.
Hip Hop shouldn't be in the Rock N Roll hall of fame
I hate black entertainers and their need to be validated by whites.

We should have been created our own Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and a Rap Hall of Fame and R&B hall of fame

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Im always surprised at who isnt in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, be it of white rockers or black artists

Not only Iron Maiden but Wu Tang and Outkast I feel qualify and have been eligible for a few years and didnt get on the ballot (Tribe, Rakim and Eric B have but didnt make it and LL took like 13 years from his eligibility to finally get in I believe)

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's not that since Run DMC got in crackkkas been mad about any black artists getting in. They think they own rock n roll music.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Im always surprised at who isnt in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, be it of white rockers or black artists

Not only Iron Maiden but Wu Tang and Outkast I feel qualify and have been eligible for a few years and didnt get on the ballot (Tribe, Rakim and Eric B have but didnt make it and LL took like 13 years from his eligibility to finally get in I believe)

Yeah, it's very rare that artists get in as soon as they become eligible and might take some years before they finally make the cut. This year alone, I wouldn't have guessed that Parton or Willie Nelson weren't already in a long ass time ago. Lionel Richie just got in last year and has been eligible since the late-90s, as has Chaka Khan. It may be a minute before Wu or Outkast get in. They're probably gonna be in there tho'. I doubt they're not gonna be at least up for it in the very near future.

This whole thing reminds me, though... that at this point we're at, hip-hop really needs its own Hall. That's still gonna make hip-hop fans upset when/if it does happen cause MFs are gonna complain regardless about who gets what and when, but time is right for an establishment like that to be made.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Weird for a wrestler to care about hall of fame when all that matters is the money and the miles. Hall of fame means nothing when they still sellout and still making money from there fans.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
MANY hiphop artists fall under the

literal … actual. .. fukking
definition of “Rock and Roll”

the Wikipedia is right there.

Chris might as well quit BS’ing and just say the quiet part he thinks he’s hiding out loud

Because we know why there’s a fuss every time someone from hiphop ends up appearing on their “precious little ceremony”