Why is Married with Children never mentioned when discussing GOAT sitcoms?

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
No Ma'am going to DC gets me every time. "Marcy Darcy, chicken at large."

I got the entire run on my hard drive and I really feel like the show is better with Steve than Jefferson. The ones with Jefferson are still funny but the show seemed like it was at a different level quality wise with Steve
:patrice:The way I see it....

The Steve Rhodes seasons... somewhat realistic fukkery
The Jefferson D'Arcy seasons... cartoon level fukkery

The show was enjoyable either way... the real game changer was when they added Griff

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It's in my top 5. You must mean other sites because the coli always been high on Married.. With Children. Al Bundy is quite possibly the GOAT sitcom character. I am assuming it doesn't receive as much airplay as other shows from the 90's because of how times have changed.. You could never get away with making fun of fat bytches all day long in this new PC era.

TBS plays it on both TBS and TBS West for about 4-5 hours a night for the past 5-6 years in a row... the only show I see not on too many channels and I wish it was was Fresh Prince.. it comes on TBS after Married with Children but at 5 am

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
classic show, I think it gets lumped into the Guilty Pleasure category, which why it isn't mentioned amongst classic sitcoms from back in the day.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
I grew up on this. I own all the seasons. This show has many classic eps.

-When Al sells his soul to play for the Bears
-The Supermarket sit-in
-The Supermarket food contest
-Spring Break
-The Judgement of Al and hid coupons
-NO MA'AM taking over Springer

This show. :wow: :blessed: :salute:

:russ: at the part where Bud and Kelly were clowning Jerry Mathers ("The Beaver") for being a washed up has-been and he sonned them -

Jerry Mathers: :stopitslime: All right, let's get this over with once and for all. I may have to earn a pathetic living by donning the cap of The Beaver and appearing at supermarkets, :ufdup: but at least my father doesn't sell women's shoes.

Bud and Kelly: :russ:....... :sadcam::mjcry: (walks away with their heads lowered in shame)

Jerry Mathers: :banderas: Golly, that felt good.

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Top 5 sitcom to ever do it.

Its just painfully dated like friends. A lot of the shyt on Seinfeld is still applicable today.