Why is Married with Children never mentioned when discussing GOAT sitcoms?

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
A lot of people don't know the history of Married w/ Children. The first name for it was "Not The Cosby's" because Michael G. Moye had the idea and took it to his writing partner, Ron Leavitt. They had written on the Jeffersons, Good Times and Silver Spoons. They named the character Bundy, because Leavitt was a huge wrestling fan and loved King Kong Bundy.

When they stopped running the show day-to-day, they tapped a black man, in Ralph Farquhar to run the show. Yet, some people truly believe that this is "cac shyt." Which proves my point sometimes, that as long as black people are acting, no one seems to notice that the people getting rich off the show are all white. We need more black creators, not just actors.

Married w/ Children made Moye worth 9 figures alone and he retired over 20 years ago to do photography. He also married the actress who played Hill Harper's girlfriend in an episode. The pretty sista with the short hair.

This is my favorite television show of all-time. So many episodes committed to memory, like Al vs. his childhood Librarian or playing softball with the New Market Mallers.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
A lot of people don't know the history of Married w/ Children. The first name for it was "Not The Cosby's" because Michael G. Moye had the idea and took it to his writing partner, Ron Leavitt. They had written on the Jeffersons, Good Times and Silver Spoons. They named the character Bundy, because Leavitt was a huge wrestling fan and loved King Kong Bundy.

When they stopped running the show day-to-day, they tapped a black man, in Ralph Farquhar to run the show. Yet, some people truly believe that this is "cac shyt." Which proves my point sometimes, that as long as black people are acting, no one seems to notice that the people getting rich off the show are all white. We need more black creators, not just actors.

Married w/ Children made Moye worth 9 figures alone and he retired over 20 years ago to do photography. He also married the actress who played Hill Harper's girlfriend in an episode. The pretty sista with the short hair.

This is my favorite television show of all-time. So many episodes committed to memory, like Al vs. his childhood Librarian or playing softball with the New Market Mallers.

First off, props for all the knowledge. 2ndly, your point about people not looking beyond the camera is key. Martin had an all black cast but when you look behind the scenes? A whoooooole lot of white people got paid from that show and became millionaires.

The voice of the writers is truly the most important thing in a show to me. So if a black man went on to run this show from season 4 or 5 until it ended, then props to him.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
First off, props for all the knowledge. 2ndly, your point about people not looking beyond the camera is key. Martin had an all black cast but when you look behind the scenes? A whoooooole lot of white people got paid from that show and became millionaires.

The voice of the writers is truly the most important thing in a show to me. So if a black man went on to run this show from season 4 or 5 until it ended, then props to him.
you might have missed it...but the co creator (Moye) is also black.

I remember being thrown off when I found out about it...because you dont nessecarilly think "black people" when you think MWC.

But its one of the GOAT sitcoms...and because of the current culture/climate...we will never have a show like it again.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
you might have missed it...but the co creator (Moye) is also black.

I remember being thrown off when I found out about it...because you dont nessecarilly think "black people" when you think MWC.

But its one of the GOAT sitcoms...and because of the current culture/climate...we will never have a show like it again.

I didn’t miss it lol. I know my history. Always pride myself on that. I watched the e true Hollywood story on married with children years ago when that was still something they did on E!

Just always give props to others for sharing knowledge on this forum because we need it. Especially since not everyone here wants to do their homework

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
swe68x.png

And, Bud's Illmatic poster:fire: on his bedroom door made the cypher complete:banderas::myman:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Oh and Bud (Faustino) also opened up the 1st LA hip-hop club.

I didn’t miss it lol. I know my history. Always pride myself on that. I watched the e true Hollywood story on married with children years ago when that was still something they did on E!

Just always give props to others for sharing knowledge on this forum because we need it. Especially since not everyone here wants to do their homework

True Hollywood Stories was great. I never missed it.