Why is LA Crash-Out Ground Zero (Kanye, Diddy)?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
California is the capital of the united states when it comes to its places that encourage and enable debauchery.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much time have you spent in LA?

Because I lose it everytime I'm up there, between the food, the women, the money, the wealth, the status, the movies, it's an intoxicating place.

This is just me on my little level, but pulling up to the Hotel Bel Air for dinner, around who knows of money and fame and power is wow

Having C list actors get at your girl walking upstairs with her at the Pendry on Sunset

walking through Rodeo at the right moment has me forgetting everything else in life, you just feel that moment

Having some hostess who looks like Eva Mendes in Training Day get at you at Eveleigh on Sunset

watching a movie premiere on the Paramount Lot, walking past that fountain

Palos Verdes, the view at Terrenea Resort. and you think these people live this everyday. They never have to go home.

LA is wild. Can only imagine if I had an unlimited budget. Funny shyt, when I read Hunter Biden's indictment, I saw half the hotels were spots I stayed too
This…. I try explaining to people, but you won’t get it unless you live there and have access. If you have ‘any’ vices, this is the only city I know that will multiply it by 100

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Only been there once so far but its vibe confirmed what hip-hop and entertainment in general projected. LA is essentially the city version of the addage of doing yourself a disservice by having too many options. It felt easy to lead a double/triple life and compartmentalize what you do on this side vs that side.

Maybe natives can better articulate what I'm saying. Then add 9-figure privilege.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LA is 90% Mexicans stuck on the freeway

I was born in LA lived there for 30yrs

Everyone has an idea of LA as glamorous beaches Hollywood etc..

Maybe 1% of the 20mil in LA county live like your dream
It’s not the 1%… it’s the access have to the 1%. It’s wild cause LA is the easiest Major city to make money in when it comes to rubbing shoulders.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
I grew up in LA county and got a love/hate relationship with this place. Love the freedom, creativity, forward-thinking energy and innovation in all areas of life. Fire food, weather, women (looks not quality), you can find anything if you into any subculture. For example if you fukked with Anime LA was on that shyt early and if you love music everybody plays in LA. Loved watching tv show or movies coming up and recognizing the location or seeing shoots on the daily. But this city definitely has demonic energy and incubates shallow, conniving, status hungry people. the insane income inequality makes the debauchery worse cuz the poor use it to cope and the rich do it cuz they have more money power and people to exploit than ever.

Last edited:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Abundance

Think about it.....if you have seriously large pockets LA has access to everything a debaucherous person could get into

Drugs....LA has dealers with every concoction you can imagine.....People focus on Diddy being a sex addict but as more comes out we learn he had a HEAVY drug problem

Women/Sex Workers.......The amount of both in LA is different in a way that no other American city can match

Parties...LA and all those mansions, high end gated communities, etc...Perfect venues for deviance

Celeb culture......People are always anxious to give celebs stuff ....That sense of entitlement starts to become cancerous

Cops overlook a lot of shyt for rich famous people

LA is probably the sugar daddy/tricking capital of the world because it is the intersection of insane money, large cross section of businesses, epicenter of the entertainment industry, people willing to do anything in exchange for money or favors

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
It’s not the 1%… it’s the access have to the 1%. It’s wild cause LA is the easiest Major city to make money in when it comes to rubbing shoulders.
I've never lived in NYC but wouldn't NYC be superior in regards to "rubbing shoulders" simply because it's less sprawling and has much more efficient public transportation? Ethnic/racial segregation is bit overstated (where I live it's blacks, whites, Mexicans living right next door to each other wit no beef) but there is definitely rich areas and poor areas and in say Compton you mostly rubbing shoulders with other working poor folk. As opposed to say Palos Verdes, Hidden Hills, La Canada Flintridge where everybody got money. the kids who went to the private school I worked at (even the black ones) have a completely different life trajectory compared to the public school kids (ESPECIALLY if they are black/hispanic)

I think Black folks in NYC benefit more from being in close proximity to wealth. Also black folk pick up some that drug-infused deviancy from rich (and poor) LA whites which holds us back

Last edited: