Why is Kobe considered a good 3pt shooter?

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
That has more to do with shot selection and chucking than actual shooting skill. You dont make some of the shots this man has by being a BAD shooter, stats don't tell the whole truth.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
That has more to do with shot selection and chucking than actual shooting skill. You dont make some of the shots this man has by being a BAD shooter, stats don't tell the whole truth.

That 3 over Duncan from like 40' away :bryan:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Because he could hit some crazy shyt or get hot and did a good amount of it off the dribble. I wouldn't leave Kobe open.

That said, for every one of these

tumblr_n7he9qbNCF1rbqt4yo1_500.gif

There were one or two of these

kobe-airballs-deep-3-gif.gif

Bro, my nikka had no legs on that second attempt. That shot was all arms and he tried to power through with his legs, I'm dying :laff:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Would you call Jamal Crawford an elite three point shooter because he's great at making difficult shots?

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug: By watching games. And Kobe was a decent 3pt shooter. Defenses certainly didn't sag off of him and dare him to shoot them.

This is stupid because confirmation bias is totally a thing. People remember the amazing shots but not all the bad bricks

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe was a great three point shooter. He wasn’t elite but he was great. The reason I say great is because most of the elite 3 point shooters Klay, Peja, Horry, Korver needed to be set up to get there looks. Kobe would create his own shot from 3 and make it. That’s tough as shyt. Ray Allen even needed to be set up towards the end of his career.

There are few elite three pong shooters who can create their own shot; only Steph, Ray Ray, KD and Reggie come to mind, right below them is Kobe. That’s pretty damn good

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Kobe was a great three point shooter. He wasn’t elite but he was great. The reason I say great is because most of the elite 3 point shooters Klay, Peja, Horry, Korver needed to be set up to get there looks. Kobe would create his own shot from 3 and make it. That’s tough as shyt. Ray Allen even needed to be set up towards the end of his career.

There are few elite three pong shooters who can create their own shot; only Steph, Ray Ray, KD and Reggie come to mind, right below them is Kobe. That’s pretty damn good
32.9% is nowhere near elite or even great. He was capable, but undermined that with his horrid shot selection.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
32.9% is nowhere near elite or even great. He was capable, but undermined that with his horrid shot selection.

I never said he was elite. I said he was great. Aside from the people I mentioned, I’d love to hear who u have as better than him (I missed Nash btw). And don’t give me someone who was good for 2 seasons.

And I’m talking about shooters who can create their own, not knockdown guys

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Since percentages don't matter and players get extra credit for taking bad attempts, add Westbrook to the list of good 3 point shooters.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I never said he was elite. I said he was great. Aside from the people I mentioned, I’d love to hear who u have as better than him (I missed Nash btw). And don’t give me someone who was good for 2 seasons.

And I’m talking about shooters who can create their own, not knockdown guys
Har_en, Chris Paul, and LeBron are another 3 guys who take a lot of their 3’s off the dribble and make them at a high rate. If kobe was a great shooter from deep, he would’ve at least hit more than a third of his attempts. He didn’t though. By no standards is 32.9% even good. In fact he didn’t crack 33% at any point in his last 7 seasons and only had 7 total seasons where he shot above 33% from distance. That means for 13 of his 20 seasons he was a mediocre to bad shooter from distance.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

EXACTLY . ITS LIKE SAYING IVERSON WASNT A GOOD SCORER CUZ HE SHOT 42% FROM THE FIELD ON HIS CAREER

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Har_en, Chris Paul, and LeBron are another 3 guys who take a lot of their 3’s off the dribble and make them at a high rate. If kobe was a great shooter from deep, he would’ve at least hit more than a third of his attempts. He didn’t though. By no standards is 32.9% even good. In fact he didn’t crack 33% at any point in his last 7 seasons and only had 7 total seasons where he shot above 33% from distance. That means for 13 of his 20 seasons he was a mediocre to bad shooter from distance.

OH SO KOBE IS “NOT A GOOD SHOOTER” BECAUSE HE SHOT 33% FROM THREE, BUT LEBRON MAKES THEM AT A “HIGH RATE” BECAUSE HE SHOOTS 34%

GOT U