Why is it so important for rappers to be "about that life"

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Becuz your music can't be as good if you rappin about the streets and you not at least a street nikka...u don't gotta really have bodys or really sell drugs...the standard for most is just that u been a street nikka if you gon rap about street shyt...and u can tell who really has and hasn't by they rhymes....u can tell who just listened to gangsta rap growin up and is just mimmicking shyt they heard,and u can tell who been out there and got a different perspective on things u can only have livin it first hand,hanginout wit street nikkas soaking up game.....hate it if you want to but in hiphop there is a such thing called believability,is it in the dictionary:childplease: ?I think so nikka...that as well as relatability,what's real usually shines thru and stays timeless and the fake shyt will die...and I never said ross wuznt a street nikka I said he wuz a C.O...but his rhymes come off as such fantasy it sounds like he just been watchin a bunch of movies,and not just him just about all coke rappers come off like that to me which is whyi don't like most pushin coke by the tons azz, I'm a don rappers

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
The rappers who really get into that street stuff usually end up in and out of jail, such as C-Bo or C Murder, Tray Dee, Lil Boosie or end up dead. The ones who really did all of that are the ones that would probably tell you to stay away from that lifestyle. It was cool to wonder about who was really about what they were talking when you were 15 to 22, but when you get older, you learn most of these guys are heavily exaggerating. You eventually see what your parents were saying was true, and that the real street guys end up dead or in jail. It's funny how once the real rappers get caught up for 'being real,' all of a sudden the storyline changes to "Man those rappers sure are dumb! Killing each other for no reason and they have millions of dollars... if i had a million dollars I'd just be chilling, making music."

A lot of the 'real rappers' aren't as real as you think. They are just associated with real street dudes. A lot of people love Ice Cube and just believe he's so real, but Monster Kody let you know the deal with Ice Cube. Ice Cube is talking about he's glad he didn't have to use his AK today. Come on now. Nas might have sold minor drugs, but he wasn't that Nas Escobar. People love to pile on to Rick Ross, but he's about as credible as those other rappers. He probably sold some drugs and is affiliated with some real street dudes. Snoop Dogg WAS a crip, but he wasn't super crip. That murder attributed to him was from his bodyguard. It's Tray Dee and Goldie Loc that were the real muscle associated with Snoop. Guess where Tray Dee ended up. DJ quik was one of the realer rappers, and he doesn't want you to think he's a gangster... that's because he knows that life really isn't where it's at.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Ri6fp8Q10&feature=related"]DJ Quik - You'z A Ganxta (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
im more gangster than some of these fukkboy rappers.
and THATS fukking sad.

LOUDaffair

TrippyDREAD...
Daps
Reppin
3rd Ward New Orleans, Louisiana 504 ...
Good music is good music I prefer everybody that be a street nikka in the booth to be bout wat they be talkin' bout outside that muhfukka. I'll listen to anybody tho but I'd be stuntin if I said I ain't feel Me against the world a lil bit more knowing what Pac was going thru around that time nshyt. Then hearing that nikka spit bout it on his album all while that nikka was sitting down in 95 like :ohmy:

For me I can feel they shyt more cause I can relate Plies rapping his brother life but I can still feel Running my Mama crazy. I just feel that real music that's why I rock with Boosie...

BAMBINO

100% pure uncut fukkery
Daps
Reppin
CHI-Town
There's people out there who really live ''that life'' trying to get away from all the negativity associated with it while these fukking rappers glorify that shyt even know they've never experienced anything... I gotta a problem with that.

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Was dr dre about that life brah?

reminds-me-of-when-easy-e-included-that-picture-of-8473-1233862934-3.jpg

:shaq: