Why Every Resident Evil after RE4 (Including 4) Is Hot Trash

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
problem is those first RE games feel so clunky and archaic now. I tried to play through the remake of the first game recently, and I didn't make it far before I quit. shyts just a bunch of backtracking to solve obtuse puzzles
The remake is fine. The original :dayum:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The original Resident Evil titles while can be described as clunky by today's standards worked to it's favor in delivering that sense of dread and horror. You couldn't simply turn on a dime and slide under a zombie while shooting when danger presented itself. The sense of progression and the way you methodically unlocked unexplored parts of the mansion or PD was exhilarating. Having freed a space in your limited inventory now had you with options to carry another herb, or another weapon/ammo. Of course RE4 had that but the sense of fear and dread was largely missing. I wasn't ever scared throughout 4. In 1~3 the music enhanced the mood, or even better psychologically choked the player because it was so dreadful and at times unbearably quarrelsome.

RE became more about high octane dude bro action with a RE skin and the name plastered over it.

Not my Resident Evil :snoop:

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro, them drop kicks :laff:

I haven't played a RE game since Nemisis

I
can't get pass the critque of them not being scary anymore

Dead Space is the scariest game I've ever played and ain't touched it in 8 years

dead space 1 was :wow: played it with headphones, one of the best horror experiences ever.

some bout them classic RE games, that fixed camera created the perfect amount of tension w/ the limited movement

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
WO5Qpf.gif

Fight a regular nikka with a knife in a horror game brehs.

tumblr_nygdrs427B1u0kouqo1_500.gif

:picard:

I wouldn't even trip if the game was at least scary.

RE2 Remake in a few months will validate or invalidate my theory that the OTS view reduced the scare factor of RE.

Last edited:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Oh and if you haven't scene the recent animated Resident Evil movies well take a look at this fukkery.:laff::laff::laff:

boy andre the giant that zombie :pachaha:why not just rename the game and let it be action rpg

call it:

Resident Evil Dead :blessed:

give you chainsaw for an arm as your survival weapon

EDIT just seen the DDT

tenor.gif

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I loved RE4...:mjgrin:

the story and action in RE5 was :gladbron:

RE6 did too much and failed on its promise of answering all the questions. :hhh: NONE was answered at all!!! :deadrose:

that RE5 launch trailer sold me om the game...

found the right one...:youngsabo:

Last edited:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Bro, them drop kicks :laff:

I haven't played a RE game since Nemisis

I
can't get pass the critque of them not being scary anymore

Dead Space is the scariest game I've ever played and ain't touched it in 8 years
Craziest thing is dead space was basically fukking resident evil without the damn prompt buttons,
To me that’s what fukked the whole series up! That’s such a fukking bail out cause you press fukking x and anybody within the area gets knocked fukking 8 feet, like a shot gun or some shyt.
The games would be so much scarier without that because then you’d have to be wary getting close even if you stun the enemy

But I remember resident evil four being so damn good they had the demo for that game in the damn eb games, shyt was m-rated and me and every kid that tried playing that was shook, fukking shook, once that chainsaw dude came up it was over for me

But before that the whole terror aspect was lifted with the kick prompt cause I laughed my ass off how cartoony it was