☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm not saying "less Black cops," I'm saying its not a solution to our ails.
I want far more Black judges, district attorneys, prosecutors, BigLaw partners, and Black in-house counsel, alongside more Black cops and Black politicians.
I just know that for full, complete change will not be brought unless there is a constant, powerful, and overwhelming direct effort to bring the change.
Theres a difference with authority, which theres a need for and the issue of black cops.

All the comments I've seen in here are "well cops will be cops"...well yeah...but I've had way better interactions with law enforcement that were black than otherwise.

But thats just me. I know everyone's different.

I'll say this though...in black cities, you see a huge difference.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You mean more black cops like the ones in Baltimore with what happened in the Freddie grey situation?

Or more black cops like the one who watched the white cop shoot Walter Scott in the back then tamper with the evidence right after to frame fam in his own death?

Or more black cops like the black sargeant in New York, who was in charge that stood there and watched Eric Garner get choked out for selling loose squares?

Or like any one of the many black cops who stood up against the bullshyt that goes down in their departments?

You get the point here... black cops aren't going to change shyt and there's already a lot of nikkas in law enforcement. I see they're fat asses out here all the time

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when i was growing up black cops live in the same hood u did

2017 black cops like white cops live 20 minutes out in the burbs and have no connection with the community until arresting someone

So cops have to live in the community they serve? Damn all this time I thought people were allowed to choose where they wanted to live

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
It's not sexy + police officers don't get paid shyt (like elementary school teachers)
You have no clue what your taking about. My dad is a SGT and he clears 100k without over time. And this is him only working 4 days a week. And he chooses not to rank up because he has the GOAT shift and less stress. My other friend became a Sherrif and is getting his base pay boosted to 51k a year salary in august it was 43k before. And they have to backpay him since he started to update the new salary. Overtime he's looking easily 65k and he just joined a year ago so he's basically still a rookie. Imagine when he ranks up. not to mention he can easily work pricey security at a strip club or bar and charge his own price after his shift 30-50 an hour and he's only 22. Plus with benefits and a pention. Police officers make money bro. Unless your in the. Bum fukk south.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
because of white people in police

black people have no issues joining the millitary

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have no clue what your taking about. My dad is a SGT and he clears 100k without over time. And this is him only working 4 days a week. And he chooses not to rank up because he has the GOAT shift and less stress. My other friend became a Sherrif and is getting his base pay boosted to 51k a year salary in august it was 43k before. And they have to backpay him since he started to update the new salary. Overtime he's looking easily 65k and he just joined a year ago so he's basically still a rookie. Imagine when he ranks up. not to mention he can easily work pricey security at a strip club or bar and charge his own price after his shift 30-50 an hour and he's only 22. Plus with benefits and a pention. Police officers make money bro. Unless your in the. Bum fukk south.

Cosign, there is this misconception that police officers don't get paid good money, well it depends on the agency, I have a cousin who makes $62,000 and he is only been on the force 2 years, here in Texas. He is only 24, that doesn't include the OT for court, late calls and special events, when he goes to court he automatically gets paid for 4 he's even if he is only there an hour, once he finishes his degree, which he only has 1 year left he automatically gets a $5,000 raise

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It's not sexy + police officers don't get paid shyt (like elementary school teachers)
NYC teacher with 8 years experience and Master's Degree makes $82,000.

Cops pay increases with experience too. I wouldn't say they don't get paid shyt. A veteran cop or teacher can make up to 6 figures and have great benefits.

MarcMan

Superstar
Daps
Societal pressures and the fact that cops like to throw bullshyt cases at younger brothers and give them records thereby making it more difficult to join the police force later.

Obviously more black people policing would be a benefit for everyone. An even better solution would be to enact some community policing policies. If police were mandated to live in the communities they serve, I think you'd see more respect and trust going both ways. And the police force would look like the areas where they work. What we have now is more akin to an occupation rather than public servants serving the community.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Theres a difference with authority, which theres a need for and the issue of black cops.

All the comments I've seen in here are "well cops will be cops"...well yeah...but I've had way better interactions with law enforcement that were black than otherwise.

But thats just me. I know everyone's different.

I'll say this though...in black cities, you see a huge difference.
I know that PG County's cops are absolutely awful, Black or not.
Same with East Cleveland's cops.