Why dont more black men become cops?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
With all this blm and protests that lead to no results why dont you join the police force yourself? With more blacks as cops there is a less chance of being harassed and shot while unarmed. The irish were harrassed by cops when they were in the hoods but they changed that by joining the force by the thousands. And same with italians.

Black cops are cops first and Black second.

The fundamental difference between Irish, Italians and Black people is that two of those groups are white, can you guess which ones?

Gravity

Banned
Daps
It's not as simple as thinking that any and all black men who want to be cops can become cops. The police in a system of white supremacy are simply the enforcers and military wing of white supremacy. There will always be a clear and overwhelming white majority on this nations police forces. Any blacks allowed to become police will uphold the status quo or be rooted out. That's why more black men and women shouldn't become cops.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is untrue.

A lot of minor BS could be avoided with black cops.

The answer isn't more white cops who don't understand black issues.
But a Black cop who doesn't understand Black issues is just as bad.
Its well-known that Black cops mirror the prejudices of their White counterparts.
And they also gain a more visceral reaction to Black people as criminals.
If you get an "aware" Black cop, who is conscious of their role, and is actively opposing racial profiling, and brutality, then you'll find some change. But that is rarely the case.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
But a Black cop who doesn't understand Black issues is just as bad.
Its well-known that Black cops mirror the prejudices of their White counterparts.
And they also gain a more visceral reaction to Black people as criminals.
If you get an "aware" Black cop, who is conscious of their role, and is actively opposing racial profiling, and brutality, then you'll find some change. But that is rarely the case.
I will never advocate for fewer minorities in anything.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
When I first heard about the clan infiltrating the police forces and government jobs is was like.:ohhh:

I once mentioned this in a thread about a police shooting and I cant put a number on how many excuses these dudes had and how much I was called out of my name.

I'm like you dont want any face that look like yours policing you? shyt was mind blowing.

In light of all the police shooting happening. I was talking to my friends younger cousin(17) and suggested he be an officer this fool said the only cop he'd be is a corrupt one.

Rea talk I see his point. The longer you be a cop you start giving into the system and start doing corrupt things or you quit

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will never advocate for fewer minorities in anything.
I'm not saying "less Black cops," I'm saying its not a solution to our ails.
I want far more Black judges, district attorneys, prosecutors, BigLaw partners, and Black in-house counsel, alongside more Black cops and Black politicians.
I just know that for full, complete change will not be brought unless there is a constant, powerful, and overwhelming direct effort to bring the change.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There has always been a stigma about black people becoming Cops. That's stigma goes all the way back to slavery where The Slavemaster would put Uncle toms in charge of watching the other slaves.
A lot of the people that want to be cops are "Uncle Toms."
I've seen some of the autobiographies of Black people that became cops fully aware of the opposition law enforcement has to Black people and Latinos.
Its a 100% constant effort, cognitive dissonance at its most extreme, to fight against the system's bias.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Really made a reference to the irish and italians.....if there was ever a job where they are in frequent need of tokens its the police force. Because they know what kinda garbage they're into regarding black people. Ever seen the bumper sticker GOD BLESS ALL COPS? They are in place to keep black people in check. It's the only full blown call back to jim crow. I'm not even on any militant tip, but I thought this was obvious. Guess not.

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
when i was growing up black cops live in the same hood u did

2017 black cops like white cops live 20 minutes out in the burbs and have no connection with the community until arresting someone

Kyle Barker

Superstar
Daps
I'd rather see gangs protect neighborhoods like they were made to do, before I see more brothers join a force that was created to oppress us. I will admit that I might be talking crazy out of my hate for cops. :yeshrug:

This post reminded me of this documentary with a majority Black police gang squad:

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rea talk I see his point. The longer you be a cop you start giving into the system and start doing corrupt things or you quit
Yeah, who said shyt was supposed to be easy.

Like homie stated about gangs being hood protectors, but still terrorizing the community as a whole.

So what's the answer? Black people policing themselves gonna fukk over black people and black officers gonna fukk over black people.

I'd rather take my chances with black officers in black neighborhoods.